Ted Thompson signs extension with Packers

TriCHawk

Reaction score
This is excellent news. PC just extended another 3 years, and now it looks like JS will be here a while too.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Can anybody explain to me why so many people seem to think that John Schneider is yearning to go back to Green Bay?

Yes, I know he was born and raised in Wisconsin, and attended college there. Yes, I know he got his start with the Packers.

So what? Is there more to this that I haven't seen? Have any of you been to Green Bay, WI? He'll make more money here, and living in the Green Bay area isn't even comparable to living in the Seattle area. Add the special medical needs of his kid on top of that compared to both places, and I don't see anything getting John Schneider to go be the GM of the Packers, frankly.

Is there some indication from Mr. Schneider that gives credence to this?

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1y3chvv5 said:
Can anybody explain to me why so many people seem to think that John Schneider is yearning to go back to Green Bay?

Yes, I know he was born and raised in Wisconsin, and attended college there. Yes, I know he got his start with the Packers.

So what? Is there more to this that I haven't seen? Have any of you been to Green Bay, WI? He'll make more money here, and living in the Green Bay area isn't even comparable to living in the Seattle area. Add the special medical needs of his kid on top of that compared to both places, and I don't see anything getting John Schneider to go be the GM of the Packers, frankly.

Is there some indication from Mr. Schneider that gives credence to this?

I'm far too lazy to look it up, but I believe he has stated in the past that it was his dream job.