Jim Kelly

HawkWow

Reaction score
Over shadowed by Marino and Elway no longer. 3rd best QB of that 83 class but arguably the best human. If there's a God, please give this man a break. Enough is enough, already.

Go Jim!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I wanted so badly for Kelly to smoke the Cowboys in either of those SB games. They just couldn't play the smash mouth game. Great fantasy players, all of 'em.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Jim Kelly might have been my first ever "favorite" player back when I was 10 or so. Him or thurman Thomas. Loved those early 90's bills.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
CANHawk":sznkkshj said:
Jim Kelly might have been my first ever "favorite" player back when I was 10 or so. Him or thurman Thomas. Loved those early 90's bills.
I was a little younger but yeah, Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly, and Bruce Smith were my favorite players outside of Robinson, Kennedy, and Kasay(hey, I was young). I even wrote to Jim Kelly and sent him a football card of him to sign in '93, and of all the people I wrote to as a child only two of them signed something I sent, Jim Kelly and Jerry Rice. Most everyone I wrote to sent something back, (MJ, Kristi Yamaguchi...soooo hot!, Junior, Kemp, Magic, Gwynn, etc.) like an automated letter with a stamped sig, or a promo for a camp or one of their biggest sponsors. Rice sent back the card I sent to him with an explanation that he couldn't sign it because he only signed a certain brand of cards and not the kind I sent, a promo for one of his camps, but he also sent me a 6x10 black and white signed picture with a certificate of authenticity plus another card. Kelly sent back the card I sent, signed, as well as a handwritten letter and note from the Bills front office encouraging me to support the team despite me being a Seahawks fan. I'll have to find it the next time I go to my parents but it always stuck with me that those two guys put so much effort into connecting with their fans. Kelly is a stand up guy, and he always has been. You'd have to be made of stone to not be moved by his story.

chris98251

Reaction score
If your old enough to remember that draft and the fact he went to the San Antonio Gunslingers of the USFL first and put up ungodly numbers before coming to the NFL you missed out. He was a hell of a passer. They toned it down in Buffalo but when you have Thurmond Thomas you can, but Thomas himself is a really cool story as well.

Seafan

Reaction score
chris98251":krq4ulcw said:
If your old enough to remember that draft and the fact he went to the San Antonio Gunslingers of the USFL first and put up ungodly numbers before coming to the NFL you missed out. He was a hell of a passer. They toned it down in Buffalo but when you have Thurmond Thomas you can, but Thomas himself is a really cool story as well.

Apparently you aren't old enough. He played for the Houston Gamblers and the NJ Generals. He never played for San Antonio.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seafan":3n5xxcao said:
chris98251":3n5xxcao said:

Apparently you aren't old enough. He played for the Houston Gamblers and the NJ Generals. He never played for San Antonio.

My Bad, too many leagues from the 70's till now got names crossed up, anyway I remember he made the K Gun Famous. Call it to old instead of not old enough. Maybe it was the K Gun that made me think of the Gunslingers, I didn't google it to look.