Business Week - 49ers' new stadium is a dud

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Now paging the 49er Defense Force! I repeat, now paging the 49er Defense Force!

Suggested topics for spinning this article's contents:

- Business Week is biased
- Seahawk fans are biased
- Everyone loves Levi Stadium and I know because I just do, that's how
- You're just trolling us, yes trolling, even though it's on your own board
- Wow you care so much about Levi is that because you care more about our stadium and team than yours?
- Levi has better sound acoustics engineering or whatever it's called, so it will be louder than Century Link so there!

Exittium

Reaction score
lol best comment there
She obviously has something against the 49ers from her opening statement. Also, I don't know how she has a job writing. There are so many grammatical and spelling errors through this article it's embarrassing!

1.. right away the go on the defensive about 49ers 2. They think the wrtier (He) is a female..

AgentDib

Reaction score
Not much to that article if you actually read it. No surprise the transportation is bad, that has been obvious from the start. The only other thing he has is that the stadium looks nice but is not architecturally ground breaking. Ouch?

hoxrox

Reaction score
2+ hours to get out of the stadium parking lot? Poor accessibility and horrendous traffic?

Sounds just like Candlestick to me. ;)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Home is what you make it.

The Dome was a dump, but at the time I wouldn't have traded it for anything. The Stick was about history more than anything. I didn't see anything "bad" in the article and if it is functional, it will do the job.

I have been to Edward Jones, Arrowhead, San Diego, The Stick, The Coliseum, Heinz Field, Soldier Field, Mile High, the Vet and the Link. None of them measured up to the Clink, however I enjoyed myself fully at each one with the exception of the Vet and I even enjoyed myself there for a good while. The newer stadiums are all pretty nice as far as function goes, I would expect Levi's to be just as functional.

I will see for myself this year. It's gotta be far better than The Stick.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I think the point of the article us that 1.3 billion should buy more than just another stadium 2 particularly given the audacious claims. Probably a really nice park that could've cost less.

Should at least inspire feelings other than "meh" right?

Marvin49

Reaction score
GASP!

Traffic. Gee, I guess that's why they essentially scheduled practice events to work out those issues.

Dude got what he wanted...bunch of mouse clicks. I've been in the stadium for the Open House. It's anything but a dud. Dudes a moron.

There are always kinks with a new venue. If you guys like tho I can show you a zillion other accounts if peeps who love the new digs and have said its LOUD. The Suite tower reflects sound directly to the field.

Now I know you guys are gonna say I'm just sticking my head in the sand, but peeps, I've been in the building. I couldn't be happier.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3613dab3 said:
I think the point of the article us that 1.3 billion should buy more than just another stadium 2 particularly given the audacious claims. Probably a really nice park that could've cost less.

Lol. It's NOT "meh".

That's one guys account.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":2y8kxf7n said:
GASP!

Traffic. Gee, I guess that's why they essentially scheduled practice events to work out those issues.

Dude got what he wanted...bunch of mouse clicks. I've been in the stadium for the Open House. It's anything but a dud. Dudes a moron.

There are always kinks with a new venue. If you guys like tho I can show you a zillion other accounts if peeps who love the new digs and have said its LOUD. The Suite tower reflects sound directly to the field.

Now I know you guys are gonna say I'm just sticking my head in the sand, but peeps, I've been in the building. I couldn't be happier.

Gasp!

Question: When did you begin to draft your letter to the commissioner requesting an investigation into the new stadium's ability to "redirect" sound onto the field, Marv? I mean, this was a topic worthy of 100+ pages on the spin zone. Surely your entire fan base is up in arms about this. I assume you'd be leading the charge given your status as a, what is it called, legendary or hall of fame member there? ;)

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":25pao2t1 said:
Marvin49":25pao2t1 said:
GASP!

Gasp!

Question: When did you begin to draft your letter to the commissioner requesting an investigation into the new stadium's ability to "redirect" sound onto the field, Marv? I mean, this was a topic worthy of 100+ pages on the spin zone. Surely your entire fan base is up in arms about this. I assume you'd be leading the charge given your status as a, what is it called, legendary or hall of fame member there? ;)

LOL....ah, come on Laloosh...you know I'm not one of those guys. :)

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1xbsk8dz said:
Marvin49":1xbsk8dz said:
GASP!

Let's see here, you denied, and deflected....and you discredited. Textbook.

...and you predictably said I denied, deflected and discredited. I think you need a new line homey.

So funny...one guy has an issue with the stadium during the intentionally soft opening and you guys are all over it like piranhas. LOL. You entertain me so. :D

You guys say I'M predictable. I saw that article several hours ago...and I KNEW some Seattle fan would be incapable of stopping themselves from posting it here. LOL.

BTW...ha wanna more neutral review? Very Nice Stadium, staff that needs to be trained and traffic issues that need resolving.

http://www.mercurynews.com/southbayfoot ... -from-fans

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2bf7xevl said:
Marvin49":2bf7xevl said:
peachesenregalia":2bf7xevl said:
Marvin49":2bf7xevl said:
GASP!

Let's see here, you denied, and deflected....and you discredited. Textbook.

...and you predictably said I denied, deflected and discredited. I think you need a new line homey.

So funny...one guy has an issue with the stadium during the intentionally soft opening and you guys are all over it like piranhas. LOL. You entertain me so. :D

You guys say I'M predictable. I saw that article several hours ago...and I KNEW some Seattle fan would be incapable of stopping themselves from posting it here. LOL.

BTW...ha wanna more neutral review? Very Nice Stadium, staff that needs to be trained and traffic issues that need resolving.

http://www.mercurynews.com/southbayfoot ... -from-fans

You ARE predictable. Anything even remotely disparaging about the niners, you come here and you deny, deflect and discredit. Every. Single. Time. So I'm gonna point it out. Every. Single. Time.

Wait.....

Hold up....

uh.....YA KNOW WHAT!?! I'M PISSED!!! THE STADIUM IS HORRIBLE!!!!! Whatever you guys do, don't buy any tickets and stay home when the 'hawks come here.

Total waste of money. Food horrible and overpriced. Yup...not worth the trip.

;)

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Marvin49":11tmexjn said:
Sarlacc83":11tmexjn said:

Lol. It's NOT "meh".

That's one guys account.

There is documented evidence that if you believe you will love something, you will. It's the mind's way of covering disappointment. Contrary opinions then set off a natural defense lest the facts get in.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":1b7wikzy said:
Wait.....

Hold up....

uh.....YA KNOW WHAT!?! I'M PISSED!!! THE STADIUM IS HORRIBLE!!!!! Whatever you guys do, don't buy any tickets and stay home when the 'hawks come here.

Total waste of money. Food horrible and overpriced. Yup...not worth the trip.

;)

As long as it doesn't smell like urine, it's probably a far better road game experience from what I hear.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1op0up51 said:
Marvin49":1op0up51 said:
Sarlacc83":1op0up51 said:

Lol. It's NOT "meh".

That's one guys account.

There is documented evidence that if you believe you will love something, you will. It's the mind's way of covering disappointment.

You are so right. I don't know what I was thinking. Stay home. Worst Stadium in the NFL.