What NFL innovations would you like to see?

Jville

Reaction score
Q Hd3g8p
I'd like a Go Pro view from atop Richardson's helmet.

Here is an innovation that bombed in week one >>>>> [urltargetblank]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/11/intrusive-ads-on-preseason-broadcasts-raise-eyebrows/[/urltargetblank]

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I want to watch live games where I choose the camera angles. I would watch in the all-22 format.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2oqqtuct said:
I want to watch live games where I choose the camera angles. I would watch in the all-22 format.

Yep. And the option for no commentary (but crowd noise still on - before you point out that the mute button is available).

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hawkspur":3rm1ea8p said:
Scottemojo":3rm1ea8p said:

Yep. And the option for no commentary (but crowd noise still on - before you point out that the mute button is available).

I sent in a suggestion to the NFL for them to offer "stadium sound". That would be so awesome to only hear the crowd and the public address announcer in surround sound at home. More money for them for the salary cap and no more idiotic announcers for me.

I'd like to see a single team version of Sunday Ticket. Who watches all 256 games? I think they'd make more money charging $75 for just your favorite team than they get from selling the entire package for $300 to a lot fewer people.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3qereegj said:

They offer this already on some broadcasts. Gotta have a smart tv or watch on your cpu.

Sac

Reaction score
GPS in the ball and sensors in the field so ball spotting is no longer subjective.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3683wogu said:
GPS in the ball and sensors in the field so ball spotting is no longer subjective.

GPS isn't close to sensitive enough for that. They could futz with the ball and put sensors along the sidelines though and definitely agreed that this is a doable and very necessary innovation.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
In-game tracers of all 22 players that track their movements/routes/assignments on any given play. And to add to that, track the speed of the players and the ball when it is thrown, as well as the trajectory of the ball's flight. You know, geek stuff.

chris98251

Reaction score
Injection of this man in to Roger Goodell's brain.

Rozelle_Pete_HS_166-200.jpg

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
rideaducati":2leuz9ho said:
Hawkspur":2leuz9ho said:
Scottemojo":2leuz9ho said:

I sent in a suggestion to the NFL for them to offer "stadium sound". That would be so awesome to only hear the crowd and the public address announcer in surround sound at home. More money for them for the salary cap and no more idiotic announcers for me................
Are any of you guys old enough to remember when one of the networks (NBC I believe) experimented with the broadcast of a game exactly as you describe, what you called "stadium sound"? It was a Jets v. Dolphins game and I think it was in the early to mid 80s. I loved it and couldn't understand why other viewers didn't. I suppose too many stupid fans need announcers to tell them what they're seeing.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3518r9ve said:
rideaducati":3518r9ve said:
Hawkspur":3518r9ve said:
Scottemojo":3518r9ve said:

I sent in a suggestion to the NFL for them to offer "stadium sound". That would be so awesome to only hear the crowd and the public address announcer in surround sound at home. More money for them for the salary cap and no more idiotic announcers for me................
Are any of you guys old enough to remember when one of the networks (NBC I believe) experimented with the broadcast of a game exactly as you describe, what you called "stadium sound"? It was a Jets v. Dolphins game and I think it was in the early to mid 80s. I loved it and couldn't understand why other viewers didn't. I suppose too many stupid fans need announcers to tell them what they're seeing.
The fact is most fans tune in to see the drama and rely on announcers to narrate the show. I am more interested in the chess game. I watch games with no volume all the time because announcers get things wrong all the time.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Yeah I'd like to see more cameras and mics from the football player's perspective.

Maybe more probability percentages posted just for fun, think like what they do for World Series of Poker. I mean I don't know what they'd implement, but those are always fun to look at. Especially during 2 minute drills or game winning drives. Probability team wins can come back and win this game.

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":20niybfe said:
rideaducati":20niybfe said:
Hawkspur":20niybfe said:
Scottemojo":20niybfe said:

I remember reading that the Canadian announcers went on strike so a CFL game was broadcast with no announcers. It was one of their most watched games of the season.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
It would be innovative if they would quit changing the rules to favor the offense and would return the game to the physical one that we all fell in love with in the first place.

253hawk

Reaction score
Hawkspur":3hts8bi4 said:

You can do this with a surround setup if it's being broadcast in Dolby Digital 5.1. Just mute/disable the front and center channels; only stadium noise is played over the rear speakers.