Watching Johnny Manzeil

Steve2222

Reaction score
I knew he'd be ass in the NFL so this isn't all that surprising.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Funny part is some of the so called experts are saying he is playing great. I mean 7-16 45 yards yes a td thanks to a great run by a RB, e sacks and -1 yards rushing, qb rating 76.3 43% complt. mostly against 2-3s that is not good at all.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
It's times like this that make me miss cable TV. At least my prediction that he's the modern era's Ryan Leaf seems not that far offbase.:)

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I just tuned in to watch Dale Jr. as a guest. Now I am watching a movie on HBO.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
They just showed the stat that Brian Hoyer has failed to convert a single third down in seven series. Manziel is 7/14 on third downs.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
This happened:

proxy.jpg

Flipped the bird to the Skins' bench during MNF. Can't make this stuff up.

TXHawk

Reaction score
While Manziel obviously isn't as advanced as Wilson was at the start of his rookie season, what's the rush to label him a bust during his second preseason game? Russell Wilson's rookie success is pretty rare for quarterbacks and there were more than a few here who wanted him benched early in the season after a few inconsistent starts.

QBs were typically expected to struggle in their rookie year up until a couple of years ago, and most did, including a few who are now in the HOF. John Elway was probably the worst rookie QB I've ever seen. I'm not claiming that Manziel is the next Elway but lighten up and give the kid a chance.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
TXHawk":13x2exrq said:
While Manziel obviously isn't as advanced as Wilson was at the start of his rookie season, what's the rush to label him a bust during his second preseason game? Russell Wilson's rookie success is pretty rare for quarterbacks and there were more than a few here who wanted him benched early in the season after a few inconsistent starts.

QBs were typically expected to struggle in their rookie year up until a couple of years ago, and most did, including a few who are now in the HOF. John Elway was probably the worst rookie QB I've ever seen. I'm not claiming that Manziel is the next Elway but lighten up and give the kid a chance.
If he had one ounce of humility people would.

I root for him to fail because of his arrogance.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
TXHawk":hnfrtz07 said:

I have very little patience for douche bags.

If he was working hard, keeping his mouth shut, staying out the limelight and working to perfect his craft, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. But Jesus, money signs, rolling up dollar bills, flipping the bird, etc., etc., is something you would expect from some pimple faced kid suiting up for his local middle school team.

ivotuk

Reaction score
The interview with Gruden was painful to watch. I think Manziel has a learning disability because he made little to no sense and had this vacuous look on his face when trying to describe plays. I thought he was going to start drooling and start repeating himself.

He's going to fail in the NFL and once again the Cleveland fans take it in the shorts. Teams will feast on that disaster. The upside? Browns can select Marriota with the first overall pick.

I hope they fine the shit out of him for that finger, he has done nothing in the NFL and that kind of arrogance will cause 99% of the player to lose any respect they may have had for him.

kearly

Reaction score
DavidSeven":y1svi8nb said:
This happened:

proxy.jpg

It probably wasn't on purpose, but the thumbs up with his other hand makes it even better.

Cartire

Reaction score
ivotuk":1h8yaicp said:
The interview with Gruden was painful to watch. I think Manziel has a learning disability because he made little to no sense and had this vacuous look on his face when trying to describe plays. I thought he was going to start drooling and start repeating himself.

He's going to fail in the NFL and once again the Cleveland fans take it in the shorts. Teams will feast on that disaster. The upside? Browns can select Marriota with the first overall pick.

I hope they fine the shit out of him for that finger, he has done nothing in the NFL and that kind of arrogance will cause 99% of the player to lose any respect they may have had for him.

and this is coming from a nobody, so you know its got merit.

Joe Namath was no different and his legacy is bigger because of it. I think the majority of issues with Manziel is completely media derived. They do this every year. They pick one player thats eccentric in any way, and do a reality show of him. This includes highs and lows, all of it. If that player farts in the wrong direction, they talk about it. And then, when that player succeeds, they keep riding him until the sun sets. But when that player begins to fail, they dissect his every action and analyze his ever decision. Then they get crazy and start complaining about all the coverage for a bad player. But yet, in essence, they keep talking about him anyway, and this is just a topic that goes along.

I dont care if he succeeds or fails, but Im not going to fall victim to mass coverage of a player and the moral superiority I feel over him. This is just another reality show, our opinions are pointless.

Oh, and the interview was the worst. He took so long to think of a play. It was just stupid. I dont even know why espn didnt edit that. Unless they are already preparing for his implosion.

lsheldon

Reaction score
ivotuk":1nbt5lkx said:

I noticed him during the Gruden interview too. I seriously thought he was going to start crying when he took 15-20 seconds to come up with an answer for a play question. Shows he's been spending may too much time out partying and not near enough time studying the playbook.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
kearly":2cc8e11l said:
DavidSeven":2cc8e11l said:
This happened:

proxy.jpg

It probably wasn't on purpose, but the thumbs up with his other hand makes it even better.

johnny-manziel-middle-finger.jpg