RGIII - Did the injury ruin him for good?

rigelian

Reaction score
I was watching the Browns - Redskin's game. Of course most of the attention was focused on Johnny Football. However, I was watching RGIII. Many of the same bad habits that he's always had, not knowing how to slide, not knowing how to get out of bounds, seem to be present. However, one thing I'm not sure about is whether his mechanics have gotten worse since his knee injury.

He threw a lot of passes off of his back foot without any follow through. The interception he threw to Haden was a prime example of this problem. His throwing motion was kind of weird. All arm, leaning back, with the ball coming out at kind of a weird angle. I remember watching him do the very same thing in the few games I saw him last season. Does anyone remember if this was his throwing motion in his rookie year ---- or is this something that has developed since his injury? It seems like he's afraid to plant his feet to throw the ball.

MB12

Reaction score
Yet, despite the injury, he still hasn't become more cautious when running--and never slides...

Smellyman

Reaction score
MB12":q16dfzy3 said:
Yet, despite the injury, he still hasn't become more cautious when running--and never slides...

oh, he slides....he gets hurt even doing that. looks like a giraffe tripping.

poor guy

MB12

Reaction score
Smellyman":qimup5cl said:
MB12":qimup5cl said:

poor guy

Hahaha! Throws himself on his ass

OP
OP
rigelian

rigelian

Reaction score
Smellyman":1q4ma6ux said:
MB12":1q4ma6ux said:

poor guy

I can't understand why someone as athletically gifted as RGIII can't learn how to slide. He's not going to last very long in the league if he doesn't figure this out.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
What is so frustrating with RG3 is he clearly has the skills to be a very good pocket passer. Smart, accurate, went through his progressions, a leader, etc.

But he's a complete idiot when it comes to protecting his body. He worse than Michael Vick when it comes to learning when to get out of harms way. He was taking some stupid hits IN THE PRE-SEASON for crying out loud.

I doubt he plays more than 8 games. Hey may be book smart and a nice guy, but he is a moron when it comes to prioritizing his body and staying in the pocket.

Jville

Reaction score
RG III is a terrific player. He does some amazing things and puts on a great show.

However, he really doesn't know how to fall down / get down.

I think he will become the Sidney Rice of quarterbacks.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
You would think they'd bring in someone like Rickey Henderson type baseball player who could teach him how to slide.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RGKnee, I think you need to bust out some of that Hasselbeck sliding practice action as seen here:

[youtube]NfGZsPLDkY8[/youtube]

Smellyman

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2d13dcic said:
You would think they'd bring in someone like Rickey Henderson type baseball player who could teach him how to slide.

rickey only went head first. That would make a bad situation even worse. :)

the ditch

Reaction score
I don't think he'll ever be the same, I also think he's going to get popped again for a concussion this season, I watched the pre season game against Cleveland and he got hit hard in the back on a run play, for whatever reason he won't run out of bounds in time or slide when he should.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
RGIII is done. He was done because his coaches refused to teach him how to slide or when to slide.

It's too bad because he was fun to watch for a short time.

I hope he's been good with his money because it's done coming in.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SonicHawk":4lnh894a said:
RGIII is done. He was done because his coaches refused to teach him how to slide or when to slide.

You mean the Rams may get the best of that deal despite refusing to draft a quarterback? That's just sad if RGIII really is done though.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1ulnup1q said:
SonicHawk":1ulnup1q said:

You mean the Rams may get the best of that deal despite refusing to draft a quarterback? That's just sad if RGIII really is done though.

The rams won on that deal the moment it happened. They ripped the redskins off so bad.