Vontaze Burfict signs 4 year extension

Meeker

Reaction score
Kind of surprised there wasn't already a topic because it has implications for the Hawks. The Bengals got a great deal and this is great news for the Hawks when it comes to negotiating with K.J. Wright. I think the odds of us re-signing/extending K.J. just jumped up.

4 years 20.05mil

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -extension

kearly

Reaction score
Weird. He entered the league in 2012 and has only played 2 seasons. I guess UDFA don't have to wait 3 years to sign contracts like drafted players do.

chris98251

Reaction score
He was UDFA, had a few raps against him due to his weight up injured and slow was said to have attitude issues, signed a performance deal if I remember with the Bengals on the cheap. They are now rewarding him for being what was expected prior to the release of the bad information on him that tanked his draft status. That's from memory so details may be off but it was something like that.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Phenomenal talent. I remember watching him dominate in HS, then watching him implode over and over and over again at ASU. Big hitter with incredible vision and instincts, and actually underrated in coverage. He led the league in tackles last year-- and I believe personal fouls as well.