best fans in the NFL

hawker84

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11386 ... -best-fans

Hold on a sec. Packers, Broncos, Pats and Saints? In this 'analysis' do you notice these teams have the top 4 QBs in the league?

Best fans to me show when stadiums are still packing through good and bad years. My guess for the Top 5 list would be Packers, Bears, Steelers, Broncos and Bears. Cowboys up there as well.

Weren't Saint fans wearing bags on their heads at one point?

interesting article though.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":1y2jaozd said:
If this is the same one that was kicking around a handful of days ago, it was based on how many people self identified as a fan of the local team. The cities that had the highest % of population that claimed to be a fan topped the list.
Not trying to be a jerk here, but who cares? If people don't like our team or fanbase, oh well.
Besides, everyone hates a champion! Embrace the hate, we are the new "bad guys"! :lol:

Largent80

Reaction score
People on this very board had bag over their heads avatars in 2009, and in fact one of them started a thread about trying to get everyone to do it too.

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
Largent80":22tyf355 said:
People on this very board had bag over their heads avatars in 2009, and in fact one of them started a thread about trying to get everyone to do it too.

Don't remember seeing any bags in the stands?

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
hawker84":1v2av0m5 said:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11386641/study-says-green-bay-packers-nfl-best-fans

Hold on a sec. Packers, Broncos, Pats and Saints? In this 'analysis' do you notice these teams have the top 4 QBs in the league?

Best fans to me show when stadiums are still packing through good and bad years. My guess for the Top 5 list would be Packers, Bears, Steelers, Broncos and Bears. Cowboys up there as well.

Weren't Saint fans wearing bags on their heads at one point?

interesting article though.

Yes, a number of Saints fans did show up at games with a paper bag on their heads. It occurred during the latter part of the 1980 season and the very beginning of the 1981 season. A New Orleans radio personality name Buddy Diliberto begged Saints fans to boycott the games after a horrendous 1980 season to protest the Saints front office and their personnel decision making. The Saints fan refused to take part in the boycott so Diliberto had the idea of wearing a bag as protest. As many as 200 fans responded over the final few games and the first few the following season. A change in management was made and the brief history of the famous Saints bagheads was over.

I remember that small pocket of fans showing up on sportscasts and people making the false assumption that it was widespread. It wasn't, but that small group made Diliberto even that much more famous.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
hawker84":ocm7aktt said:
Largent80":ocm7aktt said:

Don't remember seeing any bags in the stands?

seahawks.jpg

uk seahawk

Reaction score
went to my first game at the clink for the Monday night football vs saints..the noise and passion from the fans was something to behold.
and I hv followed soccer all over England and Europe for over 30 years ( season ticket holder at arsenal for 24 years)and that game is up there with the best support ive ever seen live.im now torn..im looking forward to coming for the games vs dallas and the jets,
I will not go to games at Wembley because I don't agree with it.
seattle is like my second home and the seahawks have the best fans in the nfl/nhl/mlb
so whoever did the poll can stick it..if no one likes us we don't care..rant over..go hawks

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Must be tough being a Packers fan...Having back to back Hall of Fame QBs and Elite QB play from 1992-Current

Im actually shocked they were only able to win 2 superbowls with that good of QB play for so long.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well look at it this way, Jesus had a father and he played for the Packers, even he could not bring them to the promised land at one time.

whitehurstgb.jpg

Charlie-Whitehurst.jpeg