Packers Lose Raji

acer1240

Reaction score
Sucks but the trolls have an excuse now when we blow them out

kearly

Reaction score
Raji was one of the worst defensive lineman in the NFL last year. Ranked near dead last in pass rush and run defense performance. I was shocked that Thompson actually paid a substantial amount of money to bring him back.

Sherminator

Reaction score
kearly":1fqrt040 said:
Raji was one of the worst defensive lineman in the NFL last year. Ranked near dead last in pass rush and run defense performance. I was shocked that Thompson actually paid a substantial amount of money to bring him back.

True.
Didn't they move him to DE from NT though? I always thought he was best at the NT position.

Anyways, tough loss for pack fans. That defense is slowly unraveling just like last year

sc85sis

Reaction score
Yes, I read today that they had moved him back to nose tackle, and he was playing well this preseason. It's a big loss for them.

LaSeeno

Reaction score
Believe it or not losing Raji is not as big of a deal as non Packer fans might think.

Other than the SB run a few seasons ago Raji has been an average player at best. Mike Pennell has had a great training camp and has looked like a beast. http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/ ... id=2543574

All Green Bay needs to do is sign Johnny Jolly or Ryan Pickett and the depth at NT is solid with Josh Boyd thrown into the mix. With Raji playing on a 1 year deal this is probably the best thing that could happen for the future. Raji won't be resigned next season.