SAM BRADFORD DOWN. UPDATE: ACL Torn, out for the season.

Cartire

Reaction score
Holy crap. Wow. Watching the game live. It looks bad. Wow, just wow.

Is this officially the most expensive Bust ever?

The answer is yes.

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
GeekHawk":z0ksmgry said:
This is not only the most expensive bust ever, it's the reason for the rookie salary cap.

hmmmm, me thinks you dont know when Bradford was drafted or that he had the most expensive rookie deal ever, or that he was the actual reason to even implement the cap.

EDIT: Wow, read that wrong geek, sorry.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Cartire":qxkxfdob said:
GeekHawk":qxkxfdob said:
This is not only the most expensive bust ever, it's the reason for the rookie salary cap.

hmmmm, me thinks you dont know when Bradford was drafted or that he had the most expensive rookie deal ever, or that it was the actual reason to even implement the cap.
No, but it was an excellent Exhibit A for the Rookie Cap.

Of course, Russell is the counter argument.

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
Wow, nevermind GeekHawk. For some reason I read your reply as "No, this is not the most expensive bust ever"

Been drinking, sorry for not reading that correctly,

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Cartire":1vfg04xn said:
GeekHawk":1vfg04xn said:

hmmmm, me thinks you dont know when Bradford was drafted or that he had the most expensive rookie deal ever, or that he was the actual reason to even implement the cap.

Um.. he said Bradford's enormous deal is the reason we have a rookie salary cap.

But yeah.. I thought the Rams made a mistake not drafting a QB at some point early in the draft .. now it may really bite them in the ass.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":14bb5hmc said:
Cartire":14bb5hmc said:
GeekHawk":14bb5hmc said:

Um.. he said Bradford's enormous deal is the reason we have a rookie salary cap.

But yeah.. I thought the Rams made a mistake not drafting a QB at some point early in the draft .. now it may really bite them in the ass.

They could of drafted RG3 instead of all those draft picks..but they would prob be in the exact same boat with an injury riddled QB

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Wow, what terrible luck. Looks like it could be a hyper-extension or something worse. It'll be interesting to see what the tests reveal. That is his surgically repaired knee :/

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/503348626773782528[/tweet]

mikeak

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2xwbcuwr said:
Cartire":2xwbcuwr said:
GeekHawk":2xwbcuwr said:

hmmmm, me thinks you dont know when Bradford was drafted or that he had the most expensive rookie deal ever, or that it was the actual reason to even implement the cap.

Demarcus Russel? :)

kearly

Reaction score
2013 Rams with Bradford. 3-4.
2013 Rams without Bradford. 4-5.

The Rams had a higher win percentage and a superior point differential without Bradford.

Best case scenario for Hawks fans: Bradford plays 16 games this year, but plays hobbled all year long.

Scottemojo":1py4wutk said:
Cartire":1py4wutk said:
GeekHawk":1py4wutk said:

Wilson would have been dirt cheap under the old CBA too. Mwahaha...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":17vwcfee said:
2013 Rams with Bradford. 3-4.
2013 Rams without Bradford. 4-5.

The Rams had a higher win percentage and a superior point differential without Bradford.

Best case scenario for Hawks fans: Bradford plays 16 games this year, but plays hobbled all year long.

Scottemojo":17vwcfee said:
Cartire":17vwcfee said:
GeekHawk":17vwcfee said:

Wilson would have been dirt cheap under the old CBA too. Mwahaha...
Yeah, but he might have gotten a new deal after just 2 years.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Popped scar tishue perhaps? It sounds like there is a chance it's not serious. Maybe if worries the rams enough that they carry an extra QB.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2xsxwe7a said:

In that scenario he'd be an RFA after year three (top end RFA tender (1st + 3rd protection) is only about $3 million). That said, for Wilson they might be forced to franchise just to be safe. It would be a tougher negotiation starting point for a GM that's for sure.

On the flip side, if you could sign Wilson right now wouldn't you want to? The NFL is expecting record breaking cap expansion next year and if Harvin stays healthy Wilson could vault himself into ultra-elite company this upcoming season.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
kearly":r83uasjr said:
Scottemojo":r83uasjr said:

In that scenario he'd be an RFA after year three (top end RFA tender (1st + 3rd protection) is only about $3 million). That said, for Wilson they might be forced to franchise just to be safe. It would be a tougher negotiation starting point for a GM that's for sure.

On the flip side, if you could sign Wilson right now wouldn't you want to? The NFL is expecting record breaking cap expansion next year and if Harvin stays healthy Wilson could vault himself into ultra-elite company this upcoming season.

I totally agree..IF they could I would hope they would do it. After this year he is DEF going to be worth the highest QB Salary of ALL TIME

lsheldon

Reaction score
News mentioned his injury, and that an MRI showed no ligament damage. They stated he was going to be further evaluated. As of now, I would assume it's not serious until conclusive proof otherwise.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Definitely wasn't a good night for the Rams though. Looks like they had some other injuries besides Bradford..

CLEVELAND -- St. Louis starting quarterback Sam Bradford reinjured his surgically repaired left knee in the first quarter against the Browns on Saturday night.

The Rams had four other starters hurt in the first half.

St. Louis lost two other players in the opening quarter as defensive tackle Kendall Langford and guard Rodger Saffold went out with leg injuries.

Two more Rams were injured on the same play in the second quarter. Left cornerback Trumaine Johnson and defensive tackle Michael Brockers went down, but Brockers walked off under his own power.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/sam- ... nee-082314