Matt Prater suspended for 5 weeks.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
It's 4 game suspension but with their Week 4 bye he wont play again until Week 6. FF players across the world could be heard groaning, myself included.

I put this here because can someone shed some light on what he actually did, as far as I can tell he drank some beer in his house. It looks like the NFL is doing some serious clamping down (can we say backlash from Ray Rice suspension reaction?) and I wonder how this will affect our friends in the NFC West and their band of reprobates.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Under what circumstances can the NFL ban a player from drinking? DUI? Does a wet reckless count?

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3fy3pffx said:
Under what circumstances can the NFL ban a player from drinking? DUI? Does a wet reckless count?

Apparently he had a dui in 2011 and entered some kind of program with the NFL. It seems he's broken the rules of that program. Sounds like he's been Brownered.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Isnt this great news for us. Just another slight edge we will have when playing them

TXHawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3gzjupuj said:
It's 4 game suspension but with their Week 4 bye he wont play again until Week 6. FF players across the world could be heard groaning, myself included.

I put this here because can someone shed some light on what he actually did, as far as I can tell he drank some beer in his house. It looks like the NFL is doing some serious clamping down (can we say backlash from Ray Rice suspension reaction?) and I wonder how this will affect our friends in the NFC West and their band of reprobates.

How the hell would the league even know that he drank a couple of beers in his home? Do they have the NSA spying on him? There has to be more to the story than that.

Erebus

Reaction score
As far as fantasy football repercussions go, kickers don't matter. They should be taken in the very last round without exception and permanently replaced during their bye week. It's impossible to forecast kicker points.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
The rookie kicker they have, Mitch Ewald, missed his only attempt Saturday night -- a 36-yarder that he pushed left. They may have to sign someone new who will take up a roster spot.

Prater was money so this could definitely hurt them against us. They're going to be kicking off to Percy Harvin again, and Prater led the league in touchbacks. And they won't be so confident if the game comes down to a field goal.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
hawknation2014":105z92yd said:
and Prater led the league in touchbacks. And they won't be so confident if the game comes down to a field goal.
Prater is just an average kicker. I can't believe how many people don't properly take into account the thin Denver air.

Also:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/503582178681569280[/tweet]

hawknation2014

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2r2zt4so said:
hawknation2014":2r2zt4so said:
and Prater led the league in touchbacks. And they won't be so confident if the game comes down to a field goal.
Prater is just an average kicker. I can't believe how many people don't properly take into account the thin Denver air.

Also:

Like him or not, Prater did make every field goal he attempted on the road last year-- 13/13 on FGs, 35/35 on KPs, and 32 touchbacks. Does he benefit from the altitude? Absolutely. Is he also a great kicker? Yes, those ideas are not mutually exclusive.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3p88hclu said:
RolandDeschain":3p88hclu said:
hawknation2014":3p88hclu said:

Also:

Like him or not, Prater did make every field goal he attempted on the road last year-- 13/13 on FGs, 35/35 on KPs, and 32 touchbacks. Does he benefit from the altitude? Absolutely. Is he also a great kicker? Yes, those ideas are not mutually exclusive.
Bad day and a half for the Donks........

Your kicker gets suspended for 4 games, Welker gets his 40th concussion, and most importantly to dumb assed Donks fans, you lose any chance at your goal to become pre-season champions! What a pisser! 8)

kearly

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":js2qot6m said:

You're joking right? The man beat out Steven Hauschka for a roster spot. Nuff said.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kearly":mk6f8lb9 said:
RolandDeschain":mk6f8lb9 said:

You're joking right? The man beat out Steven Hauschka for a roster spot. Nuff said.
Ok, "average" was a little harsh, but he's absolutely not the great world-beater kicker that people think he is. Look at his stats for away games compared to the same for say, Gostkowski, or Gano. Also, Hauschka wasn't really good until he strengthened his leg off-season before last and had competition brought in during training camp against him, IMO.

Prater's touchback percentage on the road last year: 56%. Which is good, not saying otherwise. His touchback percentage at home last year? 85.9%. Another interesting point to make is that nearly half of the kickers in the league attempted more 50+ field goals on the road than Prater. What, these are things to ignore, Kearly? I remember in the official Broncos forum Super Bowl XLVIII game day thread, some of their posters were screaming after Percy's kick return TD, wondering why they didn't just boom it out of the end zone when you have the best kicker in the league. Newsflash to everybody: Denver's coaches know their kicker can't reliably get a touchback in an outdoor stadium at sea level. NO kicker in the league can.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kearly":1ao8l0u2 said:
RolandDeschain":1ao8l0u2 said:

Thanks for confirming he's average or do you deny Houshka has risen his level or that you watch more live Denver games then myself....you pick.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Nah, to be fair, my use of the word "average" was sparked by mild annoyance at how much love there is for Prater in general. He's good. He's just not amazeballs-please-can-I-have-your-children-Mr.-Prater, like many make him out to be. :)

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Darn. I really wanted them at full strength when we faced them in Sept.

No excuses, no doubt.

-bsd

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
bigskydoc":o1m21l5v said:
Darn. I really wanted them at full strength when we faced them in Sept.

No excuses, no doubt.

-bsd
There will ALWAYS be excuses when it comes to that team and that fanbase.