who thinks pryor will be the rams next qb?

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Boy the Rams are snake bit. I wonder if the Rams are going to be talking to the Hawks for Tarvaris and we tell them to take a hike and they pick up Pryor after he is cut.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Are Seahawks are the only team that have more than one non-starting quarterback?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Why give them another POS haven't they suffered enough?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Here are the other teams with 3 "decent" options at QB:

Browns: Hoyer, Manziel, Rex Grossman

Redskins: RG3, Cousins, Colt McCoy

Vikings: Cassell, Bridgewater, Ponder

Eagles: Foles, Sanchez, Barkley

They could possibly look at Ponder. His time in Minnesota is done. If Skins want to get rid of the "Cousins over RG3" talk, they could try to move him. Although with how bad Rg3 has been, they may want to hold onto him. Same thing goes for the Browns, if they truly think Hoyer isn't a solution at QB, they could just trade him.

With all that said, Shaun Hill may be a better option than all those guys. I haven't seen much of Hill lately, but remember he did well filling in for Stafford a few years back when he was hurt all year. However, I think anyone could do well throwing to Calvin Johnson.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
What about Mallett? Seems like the Patriots are so bonered on Garaprarapaoloppallo that they would be willing to let hm go.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Josh Freeman is still a free agent. Could be a likely scenario. I totally forgot about him.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I think Mark Sanchez makes the most sense. Shottenheimer is the O-Coordinator for STL, and was the O-Coordinator for Sanchez when they were with the Jets. Learning a new playbook without training camp is almost impossible....just look at Josh Freeman last year with the Vikings. Sanchez is very familiar with Shottenheimer's system.

rideaducati

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2n8esplz said:
IndyHawk":2n8esplz said:

Let me think about your question for a second.

No, they haven't.

Then Tarvaris would be the guy to send them.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":zlvinf5q said:
Here are the other teams with 3 "decent" options at QB:

Browns: Hoyer, Manziel, Rex Grossman

Redskins: RG3, Cousins, Colt McCoy

Vikings: Cassell, Bridgewater, Ponder

Eagles: Foles, Sanchez, Barkley

They could possibly look at Ponder. His time in Minnesota is done. If Skins want to get rid of the "Cousins over RG3" talk, they could try to move him. Although with how bad Rg3 has been, they may want to hold onto him. Same thing goes for the Browns, if they truly think Hoyer isn't a solution at QB, they could just trade him.

With all that said, Shaun Hill may be a better option than all those guys. I haven't seen much of Hill lately, but remember he did well filling in for Stafford a few years back when he was hurt all year. However, I think anyone could do well throwing to Calvin Johnson.

How the hell does Manziel qualify as decent?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":2arwusx7 said:
GeekHawk":2arwusx7 said:
IndyHawk":2arwusx7 said:

Let me think about your question for a second.

No, they haven't.

Then Tarvaris would be the guy to send them.
No...I didn't say provide them with anyone..They probaly will take TP after we dump him before the Santa Clara team does..

Rambitious

Reaction score
storm74":zonqswl8 said:
Boy the Rams are snake bit. I wonder if the Rams are going to be talking to the Hawks for Tarvaris and we tell them to take a hike and they pick up Pryor after he is cut.

LOL

Folks the Rams are NOT trading for a QB to start this year.
They might sign someone to 'back up' Hill.
Book it.

Right or wrong, they're going with Hill all 16 games. (Or until he's injured)

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
What makes sense to me is the Jags trading Henne for Flynn like compensation (ie 5th rounder + a conditional pick), this allows Bortles to start.

OR

Rams just give up a conditional 3rd rounder (that could be worth a 2nd rounder) + a 4th round pick to WASH for Kurt Cousins... then Seahawks can fleece Dan Snyder by throwing them Pryor for 6th round pick.

But Christian Ponder will be the guy for a 6th round pick.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
I think at this point the Rams are more interested in figuring out what they've got at WR than they are in trying to build a guy like Pryor into a competent QB. I think a Brian Hoyer type is better for those purposes than Pryor.

Also, not a dig, but I think Hawks fans are more enamored with their backup QBs than the rest of the league is. It's because the team has done a great job of amassing backups that fit into their system*, but if Tavaris got cut for whatever strange reason I don't think other teams would be beating his door down. Same for Daniels. I could see Belichick picking up a guy like Pryor just because he likes to do stuff like that, but IMO the Hawks have three backups who are worth much more to the Hawks than they are to anyone else.

*Something I wish the 9ers would do more of: Josh Johnson is going to lose out to Gabbert after losing out to McCoy last year and he's better in their system than both of them, IMO (and heck, might just be a better QB than either of them regardless of system).

Largent80

Reaction score
If they do get Pryor, at least they would have a chance at the #1 pick in the draft. Oh wait, their defense may win a game or 2.

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
They can win with solid QB play. Hell, that's what we did. It truly is a team sport.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Sherman4Prez":3v7uq80a said:
They can win with solid QB play. Hell, that's what we did. It truly is a team sport.

No, the Hawks had great, fantastically efficient QB play. Much better than solid. What Alex Smith did for the Chiefs is solid.