49ers Bowman/ Aldon Smith both out for at least 6 games

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
lsheldon":2wtu8x82 said:
Can't say I feel sorry for either one. Great news for us.

Aldon, no, because he made stupid decisions.

Bowman was hurt battling for his team, and that should not be celebrated. Grab yourself a glass or two of class, sir.

Marvin49

Reaction score

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":i6fphicy said:
NJSeaHawk":i6fphicy said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/504067742178500609[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/status/497582626614829056[/tweet]

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...tes-on-49ers-stars-recovery-from-knee-surgery

Never want to wish injury on other teams, but these are significant for niners.

Old news on Bowman, but nobody really knows what up with Aldon yet.
Would be surprised if Alldumb got more than 2 games. The whiners are doing the smart thing by bracing for 6-8 games.

Sherminator

Reaction score
lsheldon":26libgvl said:

Just because I'm curious,
if you don't feel sorry for Bowman, what do you feel towards his injury?

lsheldon

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":1xjozhdb said:
lsheldon":1xjozhdb said:

Bowman was hurt battling for his team, and that should not be celebrated. Grab yourself a glass or two of class, sir.

Sherminator":1xjozhdb said:
lsheldon":1xjozhdb said:

The thread topic is about them being out, not about their injury. That is the context of my response. If that offends you, I can't help that.

Yeah, it's a pity he was injured. But that was lat year.

hawker84

Reaction score
Dude is out due to a major injury that happened while battling for the NFC title and trip to the SB and you can't feel a little sorry for the guy. Jeeeesh. Aldon's an idiot and deserves what's coming, Bowman's a warrior and i hope he get's back on the field soon.

I guess you didn't feel sorry for Clemons either when he went down in Washington . His absence kinda hurt us in ATL No? That's what the Niners are facing now. I hate them as much as the next guy, but injuries especially to key players suck, and i don't wish that on any team. Feels much better to beat the best when both have their horses in there. JMO

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Interesting that the niners dont face us until thanksgiving..... NFL going out of their way to allow time for the niners to get whole?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1gmju2dh said:
Interesting that the niners dont face us until thanksgiving..... NFL going out of their way to allow time for the niners to get whole?
I don't really believe in scheduling conspiracy theories after reading that lengthy article on MMQB a while back about the scheduling process that the NFL goes through.

Largent80

Reaction score
Once again, the NFL metering out suspensions that don't reflect the crime...Smith 6 games?.....I know it was a separate thread but good Gawd.....SMH at the league

Marvin49

Reaction score
Largent80":t2d5kgjk said:
Once again, the NFL metering out suspensions that don't reflect the crime...Smith 6 games?.....I know it was a separate thread but good Gawd.....SMH at the league

Its not even that yet...still hasn't been announced.

Sherminator

Reaction score
lsheldon":2h0htq5s said:
CurryStopstheRuns":2h0htq5s said:

Sherminator":2h0htq5s said:

The thread topic is about them being out, not about their injury. That is the context of my response. If that offends you, I can't help that.

Yeah, it's a pity he was injured. But that was lat year.

Lol, backpeddaling at its finest.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Prater gets 4 games for having a few beers in his house, Gordon gets a year for MJ use. Smith must be getting a bit nervous, it's enough to drive anyone to drink....

Marvin49

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2rqcjkmd said:
Prater gets 4 games for having a few beers in his house, Gordon gets a year for MJ use. Smith must be getting a bit nervous, it's enough to drive anyone to drink....

Dunno what's gonna happen, but in both those cases the offenders were already "in the program", IE, had already been warned by the league. Not the case on Aldon.

Dunno what the result will be though.

Sherminator

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":19wpjs1u said:

1. Wasn't at his house, was on vacation in between the end of the team’s offseason workout program in June and the start of training camp in late July.

2. The reason Gordon got a year is because he is a repeated offender, wouldn't have been as bad if this was a 1st time offense.

Smith won't get anything past 4, especially with Rice only getting 2 after video tapes caught him beating his gf/wife

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Marvin49":3aip0frg said:
UK_Seahawk":3aip0frg said:

Dunno what's gonna happen, but in both those cases the offenders were already "in the program", IE, had already been warned by the league. Not the case on Aldon.

You don't think that Aldon was warned for his previous DUI charge that was reduced to reckless driving?

Marvin49

Reaction score
bigtrain21":pin53xa3 said:
Marvin49":pin53xa3 said:
UK_Seahawk":pin53xa3 said:

You don't think that Aldon was warned for his previous DUI charge that was reduced to reckless driving?

I don't think he was entered into the program, no.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Marvin49":3hw8no3k said:
bigtrain21":3hw8no3k said:
Marvin49":3hw8no3k said:
UK_Seahawk":3hw8no3k said:

You don't think or you know for sure. Honest question, not trying to prove you wrong or right. My guess would be he wasn't but that would be just a guess.

Brahn

Reaction score
Marvin49":2s8k5o6q said:
bigtrain21":2s8k5o6q said:
Marvin49":2s8k5o6q said:
UK_Seahawk":2s8k5o6q said:

I also do not think he joined the substance program.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... his-favor/

This is an old article from PFT so take it for what you want it did have this tho.

Asked by ESPN if Smith’s decision to seek alcohol treatment works in his favor, Goodell said, “Yes, it will be a factor, for sure.”

“Certainly, the issue here isn’t to discipline players. It’s to stop the behavior,” Goodell said. “Aldon has voluntarily said, ‘I need help.’ We’re obviously there to support him, and the 49ers did a great job getting him into a facility to try to get help. We support that.”

-Was the behavior stopped? I think that will factor into the suspension.