What team comes from nowhere this year

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Who is this years Kansas City Chiefs? Or the previous years Indy Colts? Where they were dog poo the year before but comes on strong and makes the playoffs.

Ill start by saying Pittsburgh, not a "uncommon" name to see in the playoffs, but last year was a down year and I see a healthy bounceback. My second pick would be the Dolphins. I think Tanehill takes another step and that offense can be quite formidable this year. WC spot

Cartire

Reaction score
I was leaning Browns before preseason. I think we can scratch that one.

Atlanta and Houston should bounce back. I have a hard time seeing anyone else.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Atlanta has the same problems they had last year and are 1 more injury to their offensive line away from starting a TE in that position. They still have zero running game and not much on their D-line either. I expect them to be bad again... I haven't watched their tv show though.

Tampa looks like they have a shot, but not because they are really good. Similar to KC last season, they have a favorable schedule and two teams in their division just aren't very good.

Tennessee has a lot of speed and good lines. Their division is ripe for the taking too.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Vikings. They were better than their record indicated and the defense blew ALOT of games on the very last drive AFTER the offense couldnt get just the one first down they needed to seal the game.

I think with Turner being the OC and Matt C starting from day 1 basically, it will help. AP is going to be alot more involved in the passing game and the offense will just be more varied IMO. Musgrave and Frazier were terrible coaches, probably one of the worst in the league. They cant be any worse than they were last year and they should of easily been 7-9 if not 8-8 and won the North last year if not for last second collapses.

The defense was dead last and was using a very outdated tampa 2. Cant see how they wont improve at least a little with a new scheme. Just jumping from last up ten spots or so should be good for another win or 2.

rideaducati

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2tac0ty7 said:
Vikings. They were better than their record indicated and the defense blew ALOT of games on the very last drive AFTER the offense couldnt get just the one first down they needed to seal the game.

I think with Turner being the OC and Matt C starting from day 1 basically, it will help. AP is going to be alot more involved in the passing game and the offense will just be more varied IMO. Musgrave and Frazier were terrible coaches, probably one of the worst in the league. They cant be any worse than they were last year and they should of easily been 7-9 if not 8-8 and won the North last year if not for last second collapses.

The defense was dead last and was using a very outdated tampa 2. Cant see how they wont improve at least a little with a new scheme. Just jumping from last up ten spots or so should be good for another win or 2.

Their new coach won't take AP off the field on fourth down and one like the previous idiot. They're unlikely to sign a QB then have him throw the ball 54 times after three days with the team.

How inept was that coaching staff?

I like the Vikes too. I think it will be whichever team has the best defense in that division.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
rideaducati":2jvm9tqj said:
WilsonMVP":2jvm9tqj said:

Their new coach won't take AP off the field on fourth down and one like the previous idiot. They're unlikely to sign a QB then have him throw the ball 54 times after three days with the team.

How inept was that coaching staff?

I like the Vikes too. I think it will be whichever team has the best defense in that division.
That's the problem none of them any defense of note. Maybe Green Bay but that's arguable. I lean to Green Bay because of Rodgers but even then I could see anybody but Detroit winning if the pieces fall right.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
I'm rooting for Jacksonville. If Bortles comes in and lives up to the hype (I've yet to see him) then the division is weak enough that they'll be competitive. 8-8 or 9-7 might do it in the AFC South.

Sherminator

Reaction score
How have the Lions not been mentioned yet?
Now that they finally got Schwartz out they should be a very good team.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Sherminator":2rfkh3rd said:

For me, the problem with picking Detroit is they picked up Jim "Thousand Yard Stare" Caldwell. The roster is loaded, however, which leads me to believe they'll end up in the 8-8/9-7 range.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Tennessee Titans. Ken Whisenhunt is a damn good coach who gets the most out of his running game and QB. AZ was a fool to fire him and relegate themselves to false hopes and mediocrity.

I give Whisenhunt a lot of credit for getting Philip Rivers back on track and for Ryan Mathews career year.

endzorn

Reaction score
Sherminator":2g46z340 said:
They went from one coach who wouldn't instill discipline in his prison-break roster to a coach who looks like he has no idea what game he's even coaching.

I'm going with Tampa Bay. I think they're the second best team in the south and they might be a thorn in the side of view Orleans.

ctrcat

Reaction score
endzorn":js32d2u0 said:
Sherminator":js32d2u0 said:

I'm going with Tampa Bay. I think they're the second best team in the south and they might be a thorn in the side of view Orleans.

The Panthers out scored the Bucs by nearly 40 points last year, and could have been much worse. I do expect the opener to be closer due to the rivalry, any given Sunday, the Panthers have started slow under Rivera, Cam may not be 100%, the Bucs have many new faces, will be at home, etc., but nonetheless, extremely hard to imagine if you watched the two games to think that a journeyman in McCown can propel them to overtake the Panthers for one game, much less over the course of a season. JMO.

kpak76

Reaction score
I too am picking the Jags. They have the QB in Bortles and they are building an elite defense. Not quite there yet to challenge the big boys but I think they win the 6th WC this year. A 9-7, 10-6 record isn't out of the question.

Sherminator

Reaction score
I think the jags repeat last year,
May just be me but I am a firm believer in that if you control the line of scrimmage, you generally win games.

1. That o-line is probably one of the worst in the NFL
2. D-line had a significant improvement from last year, but that is the only area that was improved. Get all the pass rush you want but if you don't help out that secondary it won't mean much.
3. Blackmon is out, Cecil shorts as your # 1 with Lee and Allen behind? Not to mention a rookie QB and Gerhart as your starting RB? Way too many unproven/rookie players on the offense

Still rebuilding IMO