Concerns regarding the 49ers.

GLOCKHAWK

Reaction score
Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless debate their level of concern for San Francisco's offense and whether the 49ers are still Super Bowl contenders. I usually don't have any love for these two clowns but...this IS a legit debate. Spin this as much as you want Whiners fans...the result will be the same (9-7).

[youtube]W1z50iMKvhk[/youtube]

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
GLOCKHAWK":2wnkx0gn said:
Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless debate their level of concern for San Francisco's offense and whether the 49ers are still Super Bowl contenders. I usually don't have any love for these two clowns but...this IS a legit debate. Spin this as much as you want Whiners fans...the result will be the same (9-7).

Oh look yet another 49er thread, what a surprise.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I dunno. I'm watching the Seahawks right now and it seems clear to me that they just have zero depth at all. Raiders just driving down the field time after time got TDs. You guys are in trouble.

49ers meanwhile just won 40-13, so obviously they are the greatest team of all time and on their way to 19-0 and their 6th Lombardi.

Obviously you can draw these conclusions from the preseason and any attempt to argue otherwise is just spin.

:D

Seriously peoples, enough of taking preseason seriously. Means nothing. Thankfully real games about to start.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Marvin49":31xgugr7 said:
I dunno. I'm watching the Seahawks right now and it seems clear to me that they just have zero depth at all. Raiders just driving down the field time after time got TDs. You guys are in trouble.

49ers meanwhile just won 40-13, so obviously they are the greatest team of all time and on their way to 19-0 and their 6th Lombardi.

Obviously you can draw these conclusions from the preseason and any attempt to argue otherwise is just spin.

Seriously peoples, enough of taking preseason seriously. Means nothing. Thankfully real games about to start.

Too bad our starting O once again scored more than Kaep has all preseason in just 3 throws.

Marvin49

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3p82vfdo said:
Marvin49":3p82vfdo said:

Too bad our starting O once again scored more than Kaep has all preseason in just 3 throws.

Methinks you missed my point.

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
Marvin49":36toytk9 said:
WilsonMVP":36toytk9 said:
Marvin49":36toytk9 said:

if it helps, i understand your point
8)

Marvin49

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":amqjha7q said:
Marvin49":amqjha7q said:
WilsonMVP":amqjha7q said:
Marvin49":amqjha7q said:

if it helps, i understand your point
8)

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":w78f175u said:
Hey Marvin, have you ever had really good asparagus?

i know this isnt dedicated to me but..

my woman made me some asparagus wrapped in bacon one time.

i had to give it up.

chris98251

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":1bflrcxh said:
peachesenregalia":1bflrcxh said:
Hey Marvin, have you ever had really good asparagus?

i know this isnt dedicated to me but..

my woman made me some asparagus wrapped in bacon one time.

i had to give it up.

You got rid of your wife, DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Marvin49":2yyuy07b said:

You couldn't be more wrong. The Raiders are just that good. Crown em'

Cartire

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":46flv2xn said:
Oh look yet another 49er thread, what a surprise.

Sure, Ill admit the amount of threads is large here. But our 9er threads usually cap out around 2-3 pages.

You guys use one thread......... Constantly. Which is close to 200 pages. So.... you know........

Sherminator

Reaction score
GLOCKHAWK":qrjcyjxk said:

Lol that first sentence loosely translated

"I usually don't have any love for these two clowns but this is a legit debate"

So you mean

"I normally don't agree with 99% of what these two talk about, but since I want to make a point about a rival I'll go with it"

Am I right there?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin can't help himself. That might actually apply for some of the people piling it on and I haven't seen any of the SF game but 40-13 sounds good. How much of that was your 1st team offense?

Almost sounds like they started Gabbert instead of Kaep. Sure beats the hell out of being smoked in your stadium opener I'd imagine.

[edit] I almost forgot. Congratulations!

Cartire

Reaction score
Laloosh":28wn4ibn said:
Marvin can't help himself. That might actually apply for some of the people piling it on and I haven't seen any of the SF game but 40-13 sounds good. How much of that was your 1st team offense?

Almost sounds like they started Gabbert instead of Kaep. Sure beats the hell out of being smoked in your stadium opener I'd imagine.

0 of it was.

Smellyman

Reaction score
I can't believe people watch and post links to that garbage.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Marvin49":19ssvjwo said:

I don't know Marvin for the most part this weeks games kind of fall in line with everything being said.

The Seahawks ultimate strength is game planning as is Richard Sherman's. We are more likely to get smoked by unknowns than top shelf Vets. The QB's that have torched us were mostly unknowns, the RB's also and the receivers that have torched Sherman were also mostly unknowns. When there is game film it is a different story all together.

In this game against the Radiers we pretty obviously have no information on that team. I think there is also some level of expectation going in. The Raiders knew who they were facing and played up to the challenge. The Seahawks really had no idea of personnel as well as no reason to care and fairly obviously under estimated what the Raiders and Carr (SP) were capable of. In that regard we got caught with our pants down but this is where the preseason truly has no meaning. It's not like this is going to send us back to the drawing board scratching our heads wondering what the hell went wrong.

The Niners on the other hand had their best performance of the preseason and only real decent showing. The problem is unless you plan on starting Gabbert, it is meaningless because your starting unit never showed a single thing all pre-season and Gabbert right now looks better than Kaep.

It does help to bolster your confidence about depth but that is really about it.

This really is why preseason has no meaning. You still want to see something from your starting unit like we did even in that game when RW scored in 1:35 and was perfect but a single bad performance really doesn't mean anything. There is still things that can be learned in a meaningless loss. If your starting unit looks horrible all preseason then you should be worried. You guys look worse than last preseason and the problems are easy to point to in the O-line and QB.

You guys have a big test next week in Dallas. If you can't beat Dallas then you are in big trouble. Most have predicted them to be the worst in the NFC. You lose next week and nobody will be saying, dang, Dallas looks good.

If Seattle were to lose against GB that would not be nearly as much the case. Most would credit GB for being everything they thought they could be, Sure we would drop in the power rankings but the theme of that game would be how good GB looks not like you guys were the theme (talking nationally) would be how bad the Niners look.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":3gxia5l0 said:

[edit] I almost forgot. Congratulations!

Starters didn't play at all.

That wasn't my point tho. My point was about drawing conclusions from the preseason. I've been reading here for weeks about how the 49ers have no depth because it was on clear display in the preseason. Goes into the whole "Baalke sucks" lunacy I've been reading here for awhile. Last night was a really good night for those picks who will be counted on to make contributions. Tank Carradine, Quinton Dial, Chris Borland, Aaron Lynch, and Bruce Ellington all looked good.

Hell, Derek Carr was playing against a number of STARTERS for Seattle last night.

Does that mean I think Seattle is going to have issues with its starting D?

Hell freakin' No. It means preseason means nothing. As I've said all along.

I read last night that Seattle offense had scored on like 11 of 13 possessions or something like that. Gratz. Niners starting O has only played about SEVEN possessions in the preseason scoring twice (and missed a field goal on the third). 1 in the first game, 2 vs Denver, and 4 vs SD. That's it. Frank Gore has played a grand total of 5 snaps.

Did they struggle? Sure...not really in sync yet. It happens. Does struggling on seven total possessions in the preseason really mean anything? Come on...is that a serious question?