Votes: 46 54.1%
  • Levi Stadium

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • Oakland Colissuem

Votes: 26 30.6%

• Total voters

Aristotle22

Reaction score
Watching the Seahawks Raiders game got me thinking about horrible field conditions. I am surprised the niners new stadium is having so much trouble

bmorepunk

Reaction score
This belongs in the NFL forum.

Additionally the conditions at FedEx when the Seahawks go there in early October will be very different than the playoff game two seasons ago. It seems like a lot of people think the field there is like that all season; it tends to get bad the second half of the season. They have a chance to re-sod about midseason this year and will likely be able to have a decent field all year.

Heinz Field is probably the worst and it's not even on your list.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I expect we will see a lot of sloppy fields this season. Teams know it affects us.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Yes, I'm sure the field crews will be out with rototillers the week the Seahawks come to play, because only one home game matters all season for them.

NINEster

Reaction score
Fans whose team plays on artificial turf have no business ranking/criticizing stadiums with grass.

Real football is played on grass. Turf is nice to look at but "corporate".

It's nice to see that all of the old guard teams except the Giants play on grass today (Packers, Steelers, Bears) and of course the Niners. Raiders, Redskins, and Dolphins were important for the league's success today due to their '70s and '80s prominence.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3mlk5b6j said:
Yes, I'm sure the field crews will be out with rototillers the week the Seahawks come to play, because only one home game matters all season for them.

I doubt they would go that far but there is a lot of upkeep that goes into these fields thus a lot of places to let things slide for a week or so. Its nothing new.

RiverDog

Reaction score
The worst field conditions in recent times was at Pittsburgh's Heinz Field following a heavy rain storm. At one point during the game, a punt that was allowed to bounce stuck in the mud like a turd from a tall pony.

dunceface

Reaction score
NINEster":vosl6268 said:
Fans whose team plays on artificial turf have no business ranking/criticizing stadiums with grass.

It's nice to see that all of the old guard teams except the Giants play on grass today (Packers, Steelers, Bears) and of course the Niners. Raiders, Redskins, and Dolphins were important for the league's success today due to their '70s and '80s prominence.
:roll:

rideaducati

Reaction score
NINEster":1572iw3j said:

When teams play on artificial turf and then have to play on natural grass fields that aren't fit to play on, it is fine to criticize the poor field conditions. I'm sure it is all to blame on fans of opposing teams for those poor field conditions. Real NFL teams have no excuses for poor field conditions. If they can't keep their field in good condition, they shouldn't be allowed to retain natural turf.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
rideaducati":ydrhageu said:
.............Real NFL teams have no excuses for poor field conditions. If they can't keep their field in good condition, they shouldn't be allowed to retain natural turf.
This.

If 'ol Rog was as concerned about player safety as he proclaims to be, he'd force Snyder, McCaskey (Bears owner) and the Rooneys (Stealers) to put field turf down to replace those freakin' cow pastures they call fields. But of course he's not. He's actually only concerned about image and staving off lawsuits so he does nothing when a bright young player like RGIII gets hurt (along with Chris Clemons).

Jville

Reaction score
This OP reads like a trick question. Last time I looked. The 49ers had a shiny new stadium ...... but no field.

Maulbert

Reaction score
RiverDog":3rvtt15x said:
The worst field conditions in recent times was at Pittsburgh's Heinz Field following a heavy rain storm. At one point during the game, a punt that was allowed to bounce stuck in the mud like a turd from a tall pony.

I remember seeing that game. Probably the worst game I ever saw. The ball hit the field like a lawn dart. I think Pittsburgh beat Miami 3-0.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Maulbert":23kezl2x said:
RiverDog":23kezl2x said:

I remember seeing that game. Probably the worst game I ever saw. The ball hit the field like a lawn dart. I think Pittsburgh beat Miami 3-0.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7DTNEa2E7w Voila! You can see it better starting at the 18 second mark.

Marvin49

Reaction score
The fact that Levis is even on this list speaks to the homeristic fail of the entire post.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Marvin49":2yjsaspd said:
The fact that Levis is even on this list speaks to the homeristic fail of the entire post.

No kidding. It's not like they just had to redo the entire thing.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":397bx2im said:

The title says worst field, not stadium. Last I checked, Harbaugh and Co. were rather concerned about significant turf issues.

Attachments

• 10600410_679763192101831_4206654719405934494_n1.jpg
    10600410_679763192101831_4206654719405934494_n1.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 1,147