Ryan Mallett traded to Houston Texans from Patriots

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport broke the news Sunday that the New England Patriots have traded Mallett to the Houston Texans, according to a source. The Patriots received a conditional 2016 seventh-round pick, per Rapoport.

Now he'll attempt to get on the field with the Texans, who are coached by former Pats offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien.

It's a much better situation for Mallett, who no longer has to look up to a living legend on the depth chart. Ryan Fitzpatrick will open the season as Houston's starter, with rookie Tom Savage also in the mix.

Don't be surprised if Mallett eventually sees game action for a Texans team searching for a passer they can trust.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... atn_hanzus

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Montana05 might have to change his 2nd favorite team to the Texans now...

mikeak

Reaction score
I can't believe the Patriots didn't make this trade before the draft. I am sure Houston would have given up more and in this draft....

BASF

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3pzqczgt said:
Montana05 might have to change his 2nd favorite team to the Texans now...

I was thinking the same, but I haven't seen Montana post in quite some time now.

kearly

Reaction score
You wonder how much the Pats were asking for a month ago. I'm betting it was a lot more than a conditional 2016 seventh. Showcasing Mallett in week 3 during what should have been Brady's tune-up game was not Belichick's finest move.

chris98251

Reaction score
Malletts problem is Newton,Tannehill,Kaepernick,Luck, and some too short, not strong enough arm career backup Wilson and Manual in Buffalo. People are hitting on mobile QB's, Mallett is a statue, seeing how dynamic a mobile QB can make a team has a lot of people looking more that way. When Wilson can win a Super Bowl year two and Cam, Kaep, and Luck are all in the hunt so young the consensus has to be they have something with these kids, why give a lot for a guy that has a good arm but is going to get killed if he doesn't get the ball out fast or our line is suspect.

pmedic920

Reaction score
kearly":2d547t2x said:
You wonder how much the Pats were asking for a month ago. I'm betting it was a lot more than a conditional 2016 seventh. Showcasing Mallett in week 3 during what should have been Brady's tune-up game was not Belichick's finest move.

I think I remember reading something about 2 picks. 2nd & 3rd round.
Can't find link sorry.