Just Wow

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Only read the first page but it's almost entirely made up of psychopathic, animalistic 9ers fans saying variations on "no biggie" and " who cares. " The nerve of them!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Popeyejones":4emfmaa9 said:
Only read the first page but it's almost entirely made up of psychopathic, animalistic 9ers fans saying variations on "no biggie" and " who cares. " The nerve of them!
Between Marvin's spinning and your need of spinach I'm entertaining the impossible... Mercury Morris better not die until March 2015 if you get my gist.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2zib17k0 said:
Popeyejones":2zib17k0 said:
Between Marvin's spinning and your need of spinach I'm entertaining the impossible... Mercury Morris better not die until March 2015 if you get my gist.

Seriously, I've tried to figure this out and I understand that it's a joke but I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Sorry. :lol:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Okay, finally got around to watching the clip. ;)

Three thoughts:

1. Yep, refs definitely missed one there.
2. Won't be the first or last time the refs missed one.
3. Seriously doubt it would have mattered anyway.

Conclusion: true, but whatevs.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2w8sfdf7 said:
MizzouHawkGal":2w8sfdf7 said:
Popeyejones":2w8sfdf7 said:

Seriously, I've tried to figure this out and I understand that it's a joke but I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Sorry. :lol:
Popeye you bastard I may have to like you, off with your head!!!

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3ma7z29x said:
Who cares? Having Marvin and Popeye posting here incessantly is bad enough...you don't have to link us to the moron brigade at Webzone on top of it, man!

i was actually linking to the clip, and wanting to get folks take on the actual play. And the fact the ED is such a niner homer he felt the need to bring it up on NFLN. The fact that Popeye thought i was talking about the ridiculous posts in that thread is his problem and apparently yours.

If you have a problem with niner related threads perhaps you should excercise your options and move on... :th2thumbs:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawker84":32y34260 said:
i was actually linking to the clip, and wanting to get folks take on the actual play. And the fact the ED is such a niner homer he felt the need to bring it up on NFLN. The fact that Popeye thought i was talking about the ridiculous posts in that thread is his problem and apparently yours.

Figured you had to be talking about the thread itself because you said you hadn't seen the replay and the replay is linked in the very first post of the thread.*

In any case, my thoughts on the replay posted upthread. :th2thumbs:

*I was assuming you would have watched it if it was what you wanted to talk about it; now realizing you were prolly just on a phone or can't watch it yet for some other reason.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I've never seen a segment of a fan base be so delusional, butthurt, and insanely jealous than the scrotal stains at the denial zone! Just a matter of time before they try and link Pete Carroll to the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. They should be embarrassed by their own stupidity!

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
hawker84":3p8v7lfn said:
Smelly McUgly":3p8v7lfn said:
Who cares? Having Marvin and Popeye posting here incessantly is bad enough...you don't have to link us to the moron brigade at Webzone on top of it, man!

If you have a problem with niner related threads perhaps you should excercise your options and move on... :th2thumbs:

And yet you linked to a clip on Webzone instead of a clip at a neutral source. No need to be defensive because you care so much about what the other side thinks of you and your team. Look at the NFL Nation board; there are a lot of insecure folks like you that only enjoy the Seahawks in the prism of what Niners fans think about them. Go ahead and own your insecurity. :th2thumbs:

Laloosh

Reaction score
Seemed like Unger was in the 2nd level when the ball was thrown. In watching that video floating around from the Auburn game with the SEA game just above it, looked like the Auburn center was up field as well. No call there.

I disagree with the argument that the corner bit because of the center being up field. He was eyeballing Russell, not the o-line. Technically, I suppose it could have been called back but in the grand scheme of things, no impact on outcome of the game.

Just an opportunity for some to poo poo about our win.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Laloosh":2n3yzj9t said:
Seemed like Unger was in the 2nd level when the ball was thrown. In watching that video floating around from the Auburn game with the SEA game just above it, looked like the Auburn center was up field as well. No call there.

It doesn't matter where he is when the ball is thrown. It only matters where he initiates contact with the guy he is blocking which is one yard down field.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1cjw1gdk said:
LOL. What a bitch fanbase. Defends their coaches decision to play a suspected wife-beater, yet are all up in arms because the refs missed a call on a potential penalty in a game that was so one-sided it wouldn't have come close to mattering.

Typical whiners. Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing.
Well said! :th2thumbs:

Laloosh

Reaction score
bigtrain21":27y0lkq7 said:
Laloosh":27y0lkq7 said:

It doesn't matter where he is when the ball is thrown. It only matters where he initiates contact with the guy he is blocking which is one yard down field.

Wasn't aware of that.

Still, seems like he initiated contact beyond a yard (not by much though). I have no idea how close they call these. Seems like it would have had to be more obvious than what I see in the screen cap.

unger_zpse4ef495a.png

Exittium

Reaction score
Does it matter or make a difference if wilson was inside or outside the pocket as well?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
bigtrain21":3k62c59n said:

Huh? That's plain and simply not true.

As I already said I'm generally indifferent to this play (calls get missed all the time), but in the clip they even quote the ineligible player downfield rule in the clip and put the text of it on the screen. C'mon, man.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Exittium":11s5fhai said:
Does it matter or make a difference if wilson was inside or outside the pocket as well?

Nope. It's the same for any forward pass. (FWIW it's usually called with the QB outside of the box, when a lineman has assumed the QB has taken off and is wandering downfield to block for him).

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Illegal man down field is never called unless it is 3 or 4 yards. Unger engaged his guy about a yard and a half down field.

If Eric Davis says nothing, the crying morons say nothing. They are simply regurgitating shit they heard, not shit they saw when it happened. I guarantee you we can find illegal guys down field, and uncalled, in many Niner plays too. I watch the all-22 and see it all the time on all teams.