Saints Fans have Figured us Out

El Caliente

Reaction score
That is one Saints fans take, but those fans do not speek for the majority of us. Many of us are level headed, and are stick licking our wounds from the Atlanta game.

Thats not to say we don't believe we have a chance, its just that we need to go one game at a time.

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
understood and i absolutely believe the Saints can beat us among a few other teams in the league. However i do not think the OP is correct in his analogy. And other posts in that thread are pure comedy.

I also understand that board does not reflect the true Saints Nation, as this board does not reflect the true Hawk Nation, it's just a very small community. Which is why wrote it's a good read for entertainment purposes. After Alaskan Saints little temper tantrum over here last season, it's just fun to poke fun at the Black and Gold these day's because the butthurt is very strong with that group. That's all.

IMO: The only way to stop the Hawks this season is to stop Lynch, Contain RW and cut off his escape routes, while getting pressure up the middle, forcing him to throw it away or take a sack. As i've stated in other posts, not easy to do, first you have to committ to that scheme, and secondly you have to have the personnel to pull it off. Only a handful of teams do. Then of course they have to actual execute. This offense is literally almost impossible to stop repeatedly. we will have our miscues and whatnot's but, this O is looking like a well oiled machine.

Marvin49

Reaction score
He left out one reason Seattle wins...

...outside of QB (which I know you will debate) and maybe WR and TE, Seattle is better at almost every single other position on the field. They have the best secondary in the NFL, hands down...and this is coming from a Niner fan.

The reason those really good QBs can't beat Seattle is the same reason they can't beat SF (and yes, I know Brees beat them last year...speaking in general)..

...you can't come in with an incomplete pass happy, unbalanced team and expect to win. You need to pass, run and play defense. Really that simple. Very, very difficult, but really quite simple. You won't scheme them into a win. You need the horses.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
What in The hell is up With the random capitalization That he Is doing in that Post? Drive Me crazy...

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
Marvin49":2sm7dubg said:

...outside of QB (which I know you will debate) and maybe WR and TE, Seattle is better at almost every single other position on the field. They have the best secondary in the NFL, hands down...and this is coming from a Niner fan.

The reason those really good QBs can't beat Seattle is the same reason they can't beat SF (and yes, I know Brees beat them last year...speaking in general)..

...you can't come in with an incomplete pass happy, unbalanced team and expect to win. You need to pass, run and play defense. Really that simple. Very, very difficult, but really quite simple. You won't scheme them into a win. You need the horses.

agreed, and we all know that Saints win was gifted to them (which i truly enjoyed). That was a bull you know what call, but the gif was priceless.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Seattle matches up well with the Saints because we have so much speed on defense and are consistent tacklers that we shut down the screen game. I would be surprised if Cooks had a good game against us. Brees got the offense rolling a little bit in the second half of the Divisional game so I don't think the Saints can't beat us. I just think we match up well with what they do.

El Caliente

Reaction score
Cooks is amazing for us. He provides us with that Harvin type skill that so few guys in the NFL possess. What he will do this season will only be a fraction of what we will get out of him over his career.

That Falcon loss was a divisional game, so yeah it was going to be tougher, and we should have put them away earlier, but thats how divisional games work.

What we need to do vs you guys (and what we should have stuck with vs Atlanta) is just keep pounding the ball. Ingram and Robinson did that very well, and the o-line has shown they are up for the challange. The problem is Brees and Sean love passing the ball, and that is why we lose games we shouldn't. We get too damn pass happy.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I seriously want to punch a baby after reading the first couple sentences of that post because of the randomly capitalized words. Ugh. Not even going to bother with the rest of it.

*twitch*

El Caliente

Reaction score
Yeah, that OP must be from Da Parish or something.

As for pounding the ball, in that playoff game Lynch was pounding for 5.0 ypc (very impressive), while Ingram and Robinson were pounding the ball at a 4.1 ypc. The run game was there, but we went SOS and just needed to pass the ball...in poor conditions, to a Jimmy Graham who was having his lunch money taken by Sherman.

You guys are on another level right now, but I want to see where the season leads us both before we go and hand you guys the Lombardi.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
peachesenregalia":3e0qw6ps said:
The only team that can beat Seattle this year is themselves. that includes the niners. No-one else in the league is on our level. there may be a few teams that have the talent and coaching to capitalize on any mistakes we make, but at the end of the day, if Seattle is playing any other team and both teams play mistake-free football, Seattle wins 100% of the time.

I...I think this is true.

I can't believe I'm saying this about a team that I root for, but I think this is true.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawker84":orupbtzr said:
Marvin49":orupbtzr said:

agreed, and we all know that Saints win was gifted to them (which i truly enjoyed). That was a bull you know what call, but the gif was priceless.

...yes, but I didn't want to have the argument again. :D

Kaiser

Reaction score
Dont be intimidated and play the same game the hawks do. The 49ers do it, but most teams dont have the power to back up that attitude.

homerun1970

Reaction score
The fans have us figured out. Unfortunately for them the team, as well as offensive and defensive coaches are still in the dark. Ryan with the playmakers we have presently will think the Falcons that just ripped them for ungodly amounts of yards were kind. I haven't seen the defense there adjust to what teams are doing he just sits on the sidelines running his hands through his long gray hair and looks mad.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Kaiser":1dyjanxw said:
Dont be intimidated and play the same game the hawks do. The 49ers do it, but most teams dont have the power to back up that attitude.

Works both ways too.

That's the same reason Seattle is beating SF lately. They are playing the Niners own game...just better.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":368r0ktq said:
The only team that can beat Seattle this year is themselves. that includes the niners. No-one else in the league is on our level. there may be a few teams that have the talent and coaching to capitalize on any mistakes we make, but at the end of the day, if Seattle is playing any other team and both teams play mistake-free football, Seattle wins 100% of the time.
This man speaks the truth! ^
Money post yet again! :thirishdrinkers:

Chapow

Reaction score
LOL!
Cut blocks!
Brilliant!

We are doomed if NFL DC's figure out the key to beating us is cut blocks!

kearly

Reaction score
In fairness, he started that thread before the season had kicked off for them, during a time of year when most fans are unreasonably optimistic.

I doubt he was singing the same tune after his team lost the opener to the Falcons.

His analysis was pretty dumb too. Cut blocking our blitzers? Seattle rarely blitzes and cut blocking is only good in pass protection for very quick passes when you want to reduce batted ball rate.

He was right about running the ball, but good luck with that. And though his fellow forum members disagreed with him, he was right about going deep to a burner like Brandon Cooks.

rideaducati

Reaction score
That was amusing. He seems to almost have himself believing that the Aint's can beat Seattle. Funny thing is, the Aint's don't even play the Seahawks this year. Seattle wins because they're in opponent's heads long before the game is played. I think they ought to worry about making the playoffs before worrying about a match up that can't happen prior to the playoffs.