Maybe if we look at it this way, 49er fans will get it?

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
The first 37 years of Seattle's franchise doesn't look any worse than the first 37 of the 49ers.
It took us 37 to win the big game, and it took them 35.
Why is it so hard for them to admit?
They have 5 in 67 years, and have ZERO in the last 19.

We have one in the last 19 years.
They have one in the last 24 years.

If we don't have 5 by the year 2043, fine, we suck.

I hope this ends the debate once and for all? :th2thumbs:

The graph shows wins per season, with a SuperBowl being 25 just so it sticks out in the graph.

Attachments

• SEA vs 49.jpg
    SEA vs 49.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,490

Marvin49

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":18x86jjw said:
The first 37 years of Seattle's franchise doesn't look any worse than the first 37 of the 49ers.

The graph shows wins per season, with a SuperBowl being 25 just so it sticks out in the graph.

Not sure what your point is.

You sucked for a long time and are good now? Niners have been around longer and sucked just as long before getting good?

Duh.

That didn't require a graph.

NEWSFLASH: Niners fans will be just as unreasonable as Seahawk fans when looking for new ways to say "your team sucks, my team rules".

I think you are overthinking it just a bit.

hawker84

Reaction score
it goes back to the whole we have 5 you only have 1 thing. while true, this graph shows why that statement is irrelevant. Niners have 4 more than us and have been around 30 years longer than us. To use that statement to compare the two franchises is unfair.

I prefer the whole "what have you done for me lately" approach. History is great and has it's place, but i'm not sitting here still puffing my chest over our 1979 NBA championship... I am however strutting my championship gear from last year every chance i get.

OP
OP
ZorntoLargent

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
hawker84":h4zaidet said:
it goes back to the whole we have 5 you only have 1 thing. while true, this graph shows why that statement is irrelevant. Niners have 4 more than us and have been around 30 years longer than us. To use that statement to compare the two franchises is unfair.

I prefer the whole "what have you done for me lately" approach. History is great and has it's place, but i'm not sitting here still puffing my chest over our 1979 NBA championship... I am however strutting my championship gear from last year every chance i get.

My favorite is our Seattle 1917 Stanley Cup............. Vancouver hasn't won one since 1915.
We haven't had a "pro" hockey team since 1924, but look at us!!!!! More cups than Vancouver. ;)

Wagon12

Reaction score
Marvin49":54kuzdk4 said:
ZorntoLargent":54kuzdk4 said:

You sucked for a long time and are good now? Niners have been around longer and sucked just as long before getting good?

Duh.

NEWSFLASH: Niners fans will be just as unreasonable as Seahawk fans when looking for new ways to say "your team sucks, my team rules".

Hate to say it, but I agree... Frankly, why do we give a shit what Niners fans think? Do we really need their validation? Are we so insecure? Geeeez.... WHO GIVES A SHIT?!

Lxx

Reaction score
How many championships do the 49ers have post salary cap-gate?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Lxx":oqfbeaa4 said:
How many championships do the 49ers have post salary cap-gate?

To answer your question, 1.

To ask another, why does it matter?

This whole pre/post salary cap thing is a red herring. Yup..Niner paid their players very well before the salary cap...but there was no free agency as we know it today (players who were cut were free agents, very limited free agency via Plan B where the Niners LOST Roger Craig and Ronnie Lott and gained only Thane Gash), but it's not like the Niner went all Yankees/Dodgers and signed every player in sight...because players didn't BECOME free agents to be signed. Those teams were built through the draft.

To ask another...why are you guys so fixated on this argument?

You won the Super Bowl. Gratz. Enjoy it.

hawker84

Reaction score
Wagon12":381jd1yu said:
Marvin49":381jd1yu said:
ZorntoLargent":381jd1yu said:

Duh.

Hate to say it, but I agree... Frankly, why do we give a shit what Niners fans think? Do we really need their validation? Are we so insecure? Geeeez.... WHO GIVES A SHIT?!

Lighten up Francis, it's a boring Thursday. Also this is not the Shack...

Wagon12

Reaction score
hawker84":2aqj6zh0 said:
Wagon12":2aqj6zh0 said:
Marvin49":2aqj6zh0 said:
ZorntoLargent":2aqj6zh0 said:

Duh.

Lighten up Francis, it's a boring Thursday. Also this is not the Shack...

True enough... at least there is a game tonight... Been trying to get a fix since Monday night!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Who cares?

The only time it has ever mattered is when Whiner fans are chest puffing over their championship awesomeness.

The Hawks taking them out on the way to the one reduced the frequency of its use in a major way. Just not happening that much anymore.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
That graph is awful.

If you're going to draw parallels, then draw one around both franchises floundering in mediocrity until the right coach came along that innovated and forever changed the way the league did things.

Walsh came in and totally turned the way offenses were run, and it took the rest of the league 10 years to catch up to his genius. Pete's doing the same thing, but on the personal side of coaching. He's completely changed the way the modern day coach interacts with his players, and it's also genius.

chris98251

Reaction score
The illusion of 49er greatness is proven, in all actuality the Seahawks over the same early years of a franchise have been better. We are now in a upswing and hopefully in a time of talent as proven as well, just as the 49ers are. We are hitting our Walsh era while you are in a era of Dallas at that time, just a tad below but still good. Kind of how you had The Catch to start youoff we had The Tip.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chris98251":k3i7nzjs said:
The illusion of 49er greatness is proven, in all actuality the Seahawks over the same early years of a franchise have been better. We are now in a upswing and hopefully in a time of talent as proven as well, just as the 49ers are. We are hitting our Walsh era while you are in a era of Dallas at that time, just a tad below but still good. Kind of how you had The Catch to start youoff we had The Tip.
That is how I view it.

Marvin49

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":i6uddaua said:
chris98251":i6uddaua said:
That is how I view it.

LOL.

Of course you guys do.

We'll see what happens, but I think peeps are getting a bit ahead of themselves. No worries. It's all in good fun. :D

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":3a8mulix said:

Illusion?

Only the Steelers and Packers have a better all time win percentage than the Niners, even with how mediocre they were in the 50's, 60's and 70's (sorry Raven fans, not enough games played yet for me).

Add in four Super Bowl wins and we have a ways to go yet before we're on equal footing.

So if you're bragging about us being more mediocre than the niners before winning our first titles, you're REALLY reaching.

kearly

Reaction score
So the Seahawks won 25 games last year? You learn something new every day.

Marvin49

Reaction score
kearly":2i4z0iky said:
So the Seahawks won 25 games last year? You learn something new every day.

yeah...the increase to 25 for SBs makes it look odd.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
The most important comparison is the Salary Cap. Since then, where do teams rank? I would think the Patriots are kinda the kings of that mountain. Seattle/SF-Seattle wins because they have one title and SF zero.
Could you imagine if the Cap were dropped how dominant Seattle would be? We have the richest owner in the league and it wouldn't be fair.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":7uofpyyo said:
The most important comparison is the Salary Cap. Since then, where do teams rank? I would think the Patriots are kinda the kings of that mountain. Seattle/SF-Seattle wins because they have one title and SF zero.
Could you imagine if the Cap were dropped how dominant Seattle would be? We have the richest owner in the league and it wouldn't be fair.

...and again...no free agency. You'd be able to keep the players you draft which is nice, but there wouldn't be any free agency to fill holes.

SF also won in the first years of the cap...but I really don't want to compare and open up another can of worms.