Is it spreading? .... are more of us going to be mutes soon?

Jville

Reaction score
UPDATE 9:15 p.m. ET: White has now tweeted, “I should not have made light of a very serious situation. I understand the strong feelings about this issue and i shouldn’t have said that.”

"Roddy White thinks his fantasy team is the real victim of the Adrian Peterson case" >>> [urltargetblank]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/12/roddy-white-thinks-his-fantasy-team-is-the-real-victim-of-the-adrian-peterson-case/[/urltargetblank]

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Or...don't tweet stupid, insensitive statements

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Joking about that among friends is one thing, to the entire Internet when you're a big-time NFL player is quite another. What an idiot.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Devices that telegraph the first thing that pops into the mind certainly carry an amplified risk.

Lxx

Reaction score
this isnt the first time roddy white has tweeted something stupid

mikeak

Reaction score
If he hade made it sarcastic making a point that it is all that a lot of people care about then it would have been ok. But the second part of the tweet makes it straight up dumb...

kearly

Reaction score
There's a bit of schadenfreude in seeing Roddy White take heat in the press. Love it.

I don't mind that White got called out for a tasteless joke. But wouldn't a mocking tweet be enough? Do we really need a PFT article on something like this? I guess for some the answer to that question is "yes", but I am a bit uneasy with how the media and twitter culture has gotten quite sanctimonious as of late. It's almost as if Bob Costas or Keith Olberman were cloned millions of times overnight.

You know how commentators and writers will write stuff that bashes the Seahawks just to get clicks? I'm starting to think the media is now on the hunt for progressive rage-bait with a similar premise in mind.

drdiags

Reaction score
Seems like everything is a powder keg. I am thinking my folks would be in deep crap if the rule-of-thumb type thinking wasn't in play back in their time. I'll be glad when they pass laws that incarcerate a-hole dog owners for letting their dogs crap in other peoples lawn.