Rams extend Quinn

SeatownJay

Reaction score
In some football news that doesn't involve the police, the Rams have signed Robert Quinn to a 4-year extension.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/510840899153432576[/tweet]

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think it was 6 years.

I like the idea that they sunk so much cash in to their dline while our o line is playing so well.

hawk45

Reaction score
No brainer but good for them. I just peed a little in fear for Russ. Our ol played "ok" in pass pro for one measly game, we have a long long long way to go before I will feel safe with a guy like Quinn lining up out there.
Russ just dump it off of throw it away, score a field goal or two, and allow their offense to take the field to give the LOB a scoring opportunity. No need to risk yourself.
This all assumes their d recovers from the travesty that wS the Vikings game. Wth rams.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
ivotuk":29opexe4 said:
I think it was 6 years.

I like the idea that they sunk so much cash in to their dline while our o line is playing so well.
2 years left on deal, so 4 year extension

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chris98251":95edxtdq said:
So I guess they plan on a Rookie QB next year?
Wouldn't you? Though Bradford still has another year I think but cutting him shouldn't be that bad of a hit by now I would guess.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1bicad18 said:
Good move and I bet Red Alice is happy about it.
No doubt.

Also, rest in pieces, DangeRuss. :( Quinn to date has had our O-line's number in a big way. Hopefully the improvement we saw in week one wasn't a fluke.

RedAlice

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":26bkxpms said:
Good move and I bet Red Alice is happy about it.

Yes! I am and was when I saw that. Is one of the only good Rams things lately.

Sorry - I have been travelling so just now catching up.

This was a great thing to see.

HawkWow

Reaction score
The dude is a flat out menace. Pull up your recording of @ Stl and watch RW's body language as he leaves the field. He wasn't himself for weeks after.

Hopefully this big up means Quinn can relax a little and stop playing like his head is on fire, tormenting those shorter than him on the football field. No need for that nonsense in today's kinder, gentler NFL.

RedAlice

Reaction score
My absolute favorite vid from last year is the Colts' DC saying: we just can't stop him. Forget who was mic'd up for Colts, but it's a treasure seen close up.

Hey, I need something to love right now!

RedAlice

Reaction score
HawkWow":2irrzqru said:
The dude is a flat out menace. Pull up your recording of @ Stl and watch RW's body language as he leaves the field. He wasn't himself for weeks after.

Hopefully this big up means Quinn can relax a little and stop playing like his head is on fire, tormenting those shorter than him on the football field. No need for that nonsense in today's kinder, gentler NFL.

Somehow, I think no matter how bad the Rams season goes, or how good the Hawks goes - our games will still be school yard recess fights.

You might get the bigger win fast on one or the other, but no one gives up.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Totally agree Alice, and I don't think either of us believe that to be coincidence. If I were to build a D to stop the Hawks (or them other guys) it would look just like yours. I root for the Rams. But mostly because of you. ; )

In all seriousness, and I recall you differing (a bit) on this, but I was sick as hell when Bradford went down this time. IIRC, you are glad to be rid of him and I suppose that's a positive way of dealing with it. In all honesty, I hope it doesn't position you guys to get the Duck. A few in here disagree with me on this (and everything else, too) but I think Mariota would put you guys on top of the division in his 2nd year (if not the 1st).

chris98251

Reaction score
They get the Duck and they depending on whether Fisher plays him, he has a hard on for Veterans over Rookie or Young QB's start showing something it becomes a 4 team race, at least short term. Rams will have a looming problem, they have a stack of first round picks, those contracts are going to start coming due and then it's re sign or let go, down side of accumulating so many top picks in the same year, Then it's a matter of how to we keep rising with a potential roster shift because of the contracts, they are also signing a lot of guys now so maybe the hit comes down the road if the front office is smart.

RedAlice

Reaction score
HawkWow":3icvjurh said:
Totally agree Alice, and I don't think either of us believe that to be coincidence. If I were to build a D to stop the Hawks (or them other guys) it would look just like yours. I root for the Rams. But mostly because of you. ; )

In all seriousness, and I recall you differing (a bit) on this, but I was sick as hell when Bradford went down this time. IIRC, you are glad to be rid of him and I suppose that's a positive way of dealing with it. In all honesty, I hope it doesn't position you guys to get the Duck. A few in here disagree with me on this (and everything else, too) but I think Mariota would put you guys on top of the division in his 2nd year (if not the 1st).

Wait. Hold on. Stop.

Who is this Duck?

I have not looked at QBs for next year's draft, so can give no opinion. I would like to wait until after Thanksgiving, thank you.