Good thing Belicheck traded away Mankins for a 4th

ivotuk

Reaction score
I've always maintained that he's an idiot when it comes to handling players and drafting.

He traded away Pro Bowl left guard Logan Mankins for a 4th round pick. Against the Dolphins, Brady was sacked 4 times and knocked down 12 times. He won't last the season at that rate.

I really like Garappolo and think he's New England's QB of the future, but he's not ready to start in the NFL just yet. He will be a winner though.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ivotuk":murbvjt8 said:
I've always maintained that he's an idiot when it comes to handling players and drafting.
Yeah, he sure got screwed when he traded Deion Branch to us for a first-round pick.

:roll:

That being said, yeah, getting rid of a good O-lineman is not generally a smart idea.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Pats, much like the Stealers, have always been of the mindset that getting rid of a guy a year too early is preferable to a year too late. When most of your offense rests on the shoulders of your QB and it's an o-lineman that's a questionable strategy to be sure, but it's their philosophy and thus he's gone.

I watched some of that game last week and NE didn't look like a playoff team to me. There's long way to go in the season and they have a HOF QB which means they're certainly not done but they need to start a turn around this week. Fortunately for them, Minny is without AP which should help them immensely.

endzorn

Reaction score
His drafts remind me of ours. When it's over people grudgingly give respect because they know he'll win with these players, but on the surface it looks terrible. As far as trading Mankins, maybe he knows things about these players that we don't. All I can tell you is he continues to post 11-12-13 win seasons.

ringless

Reaction score
They didn't just get a 4th rd pick. They got rid of 10 million dollars against the cap as well. Pretty significant amount.

Beast Mode

Reaction score
endzorn":krrljuzo said:
His drafts remind me of ours. When it's over people grudgingly give respect because they know he'll win with these players, but on the surface it looks terrible. As far as trading Mankins, maybe he knows things about these players that we don't. All I can tell you is he continues to post 11-12-13 win seasons.

I remember reading a Mike Sando tweet mentioning Mankins is 32. Not to mention the significant cap savings of letting him go. Maybe Bellichick is starting the process of rebuilding in a sense he wants an influx of youth? Even so, I still have a hard time believing he doesn't regret trading away the pick that led to Cordarrelle Patterson, when was the last time Brady had someone dynamic to throw to? I wouldn't be surprised if all these years of having the "genius" label has made him arrogant as hell sometimes, but the man can still coach.

mikeak

Reaction score
Let's see how long Mankins plays first. Injured the first game, will play today but hyperextended an oft injured knee