Jacksonville @ Washington

mbtitleist

Reaction score
I've got the Vikings/Patriots. Vikings drove down the field on their first possession quite easily in 4 minutes and took the lead 7-0.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Griffin just suffered a non-contact injury. Hard to tell from the replay if it's his leg again.

Edit: They're looking at his left leg. Replay looks like it's the ankle.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Yep Griffin carted off, smiling and waving all the way to the bank. That's why you never pay that much for a rookie... He was never the same after that playoff game against the hawks

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Dang I picked Jacksonville for my pick today too. Had I know Griffin was gonna go down, I would have picked Washington. Rats!

hawk45

Reaction score
There's busts, gigantic busts, and then there's RGIII.

And when you give up so much to get him, you have to keep playing him when he's "healthy" because giving up on him is pretty much the death knell for the GM and maybe coach. What a franchise-killer.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Yeah, I picked JAX today based on RG3's play as well. Oh, well.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
hawk45":2p65uidy said:
There's busts, gigantic busts, and then there's RGIII.

And when you give up so much to get him, you have to keep playing him when he's "healthy" because giving up on him is pretty much the death knell for the GM and maybe coach. What a franchise-killer.

He already killed Shanny's career.

hawk45

Reaction score
I have Vikes-Pats also. The first drive they had Cassel with a bunch of rollouts and misdirection so the receivers were pretty open. Goodness though, after that he doesn't seem to be able to string together more than 5 throws without making a terrible, terrible decision. The first pick he failed to see the safety help, the 2nd pick he threw at Revis. I think on the 2nd pick his own receiver cut the route short because Revis had run the route better than the wideout, but still.

Pats actually got called for a pick play, nice. We would murder that offense. Bunch of picks and underneath stuff.

hawk45

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2zq0mqt7 said:
So far I'm seeing no similarities between Jacksonville's defense and Seattle's.

Other teams will be disappointed with head coaches from the Pete Carroll tree. Similar to Belichick's underlings, they can be effective coaches, but overall identity of the team is Pete's. Especially on the defensive side.

Bradley, Quinn, nothing against those guys, but they leave and we keep on trucking.

It'll be a bit more interesting if some team taps Bevell. I mean Bevell isn't magic and he's not going to transform a team unless he can bring Russell Wilson, Lynch, and Harvin with him. Also, our offense will be just fine with someone else calling the plays. But there will be at least a little adjustment, unlike on defense where you don't even notice anything.

hawk45

Reaction score
Wow, blocked figgie leads to 7 for the Pats, 23-7 now.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Washington looking like world beaters today with Cousins. Not sure how much of it is them and how much is the bad Jacksonville team.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Weird that Troy and Buck are doing the Dallas/Tennessee game... They usually announce the later game on Fox and one would think the hawk/charger game will be the better game...

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":31j15y6v said:
Weird that Troy and Buck are doing the Dallas/Tennessee game... They usually announce the later game on Fox and one would think the hawk/charger game will be the better game...
When FOX doesn't have a national game, they always do the Dallas game.