Welker... Why does he benefit from new policy?

daveman918

Reaction score
I've been reading up on the new drug testing policy and it seems to address HGH and marijuana. I thought he tested positive for amphetamines and ecstasy (or something like it). Seems like enforcement is so selective. Is there more to the agreement that I don't know about or understand. Anyone have the full scoop?

Dave

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Under the new policy, which will apply to all violations in the 2014 calendar year, amphetamine use in the offseason will fall under the substance abuse portion, not the PED portion. Since this would be Welker's first offense for substance abuse, there is no suspension.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
He is one of Pey Pey's weapons, and those wanting to protect 5-head's legacy want Pey Pey to get a second ring. One thing the NFL cannot control though is injuries. Welker is one concussion away from "rain man" territory!

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":6ndw9kb2 said:
He is one of Pey Pey's weapons, and those wanting to protect 5-head's legacy want Pey Pey to get a second ring. One thing the NFL cannot control though is injuries. Welker is one concussion away from "rain man" territory!
You're right. They're redoing the entire drug enforcement policy of the NFL to benefit one player.

Some people's kids. :roll:

rideaducati

Reaction score
I think it's funny that Welker's argument was that his ecstasy was laced with amphetamines without his knowledge.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SeatownJay":br88ck78 said:
Sports Hernia":br88ck78 said:
You're right. They're redoing the entire drug enforcement policy of the NFL to benefit one player.

Some people's kids. :roll:
Oh brother, you missed the point. Yep, some peoples kids.... :roll: The timing is suspect, how many times have you seen the NFL change ANY policy midseason???? ......and like I said Welker is just a walking concussion waiting to happen so it will more than likely backfire anyhow.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
This is something that has been in the works all offseason. It isn't some new policy the NFL just came up with this week. They submitted the plan to the NFLPA almost a month ago. It's in the news now because the NFLPA decided to finally hold a vote on the proposal this week.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SeatownJay":25nb5ttb said:
This is something that has been in the works all offseason. It isn't some new policy the NFL just came up with this week. They submitted the plan to the NFLPA almost a month ago. It's in the news now because the NFLPA decided to finally hold a vote on the proposal this week.
Well that goes against past practice then as they would have just put it off until next offseason if agreement wasn't reach before the season starts.

marko358

Reaction score
Schefter reporting on twitter that Welker is one of 7 players to be reinstated this week. Just in time for the Seahawks game.