San Diego will win the AFCW this year.

ivotuk

Reaction score
They beat the Broncos last year, in Denver 27-20 and are much improved this year.

On defense they have some great players, Kendell Reyes, Melvin Ingram, Corey Luiget, Brandon Flowers and Jason Verrett who is going to be a Pro Bowl corner.

The offense has some problems along the offensive line but they have really improved quickly since the beginning of the year. Ryan Matthews is a force to be reckoned with but Danny Woodhead is a threat to. San Diego got Donald Brown from Indy who I think were folks for letting him go. Brown has outplayed Trent Richardson and cost a fraction of what the Colts paid for Trent.

Keenan Allen is phenom. I wanted this guy last year among want surprised when he played so well after having a knee injury in College. Not to mention Malcolm Floyd, Antonio Gates and Eddie Royal.

I know it's a bold prediction, but after today's loss at San Diego, I feel even more confident about my belief in Philip Rivers and the San Diego Chargers.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ivotuk":34xc18fv said:
They beat the Broncos last year, in Denver 27-20 and are much improved this year.

On defense they have some great players, Kendell Reyes, Melvin Ingram, Corey Luiget, Brandon Flowers and Jason Verrett who is going to be a Pro Bowl corner.

The offense has some problems along the offensive line but they have really improved quickly since the beginning of the year. Ryan Matthews is a force to be reckoned with but Danny Woodhead is a threat to. San Diego got Donald Brown from Indy who I think were folks for letting him go. Brown has outplayed Trent Richardson and cost a fraction of what the Colts paid for Trent.

Keenan Allen is phenom. I wanted this guy last year among want surprised when he played so well after having a knee injury in College. Not to mention Malcolm Floyd, Antonio Gates and Eddie Royal.

I know it's a bold prediction, but after today's loss at San Diego, I feel even more confident about my belief in Philip Rivers and the San Diego Chargers.
Its a small sample size but it wouldn't surprise me. Rivers has one of the more punchable faces in the NFL which my fist would fit perfectly 8), but I might prefer SD over the PeyPey slobberfest......

Smellyman

Reaction score
meh.

and the hawks were going to go 16-0, Saints were super bowl contenders etc...

chris98251

Reaction score
That Hurry up will be adjusted to, Bengals had a similar offense at one time, they had a perfect storm to run it with us being short on DB's with experience in our defense today, the match ups favored what they were doing. A few more games and the miscues of communications and comfort levels will be better.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ivotuk":x8vop6r3 said:

No. 10-6? Yeah, looking solid for that and a wildcard berth....decent chance because it looks like the AFC is getting a bit more balanced back east and San Diego is a bad matchup for Denver like usual.

strohmin

Reaction score
The Chargers are loaded with talent every year, but they always manage to F it up. Today they happened to play great football with some lucky breaks. Its just one of those days and things will get better as long as we stay positive.

stizz19

Reaction score
the Bolts are the most inconsistent team in the NFL. They'll find a way to mediocrity again.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Denver definitely doesn't look as overwhelming as the prognosticators have implied. And the Chargers aren't intimidated by them.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Meh...I guess you can feel that if it makes you feel better about that debacle this past weekend. Bottom line: The Hawks played like poo.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
They'll go on the road and lose to Buffalo... because... Chargers

8-8 or 9-7 for them. Denver wins 13. So no.. the Chargers will not win the AFCW

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Meh, Chargers have had the same amount of talent for a few years and find a way to not win. They'll probably finish second, but not like a game back.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Philip Rivers #1 QB possible MVP, just went 90 yards to put the Chargers up 28-0 on a good Jets defense.

I stand by my prediction ;)

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
ivotuk":187lof9x said:
Philip Rivers #1 QB possible MVP, just went 90 yards to put the Chargers up 28-0 on a good Jets defense.

Jets have a great run D. Their pass defense is atrocious - may well be bottom 5 of the league by the end of the season.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":6qq4tora said:
ivotuk":6qq4tora said:

Jets have a great run D. Their pass defense is atrocious - may well be bottom 5 of the league by the end of the season.

They certainly played like it today, but they were going up against Philipe Rios who makes a lot of pass defenses look like the 27th ranked pass defense as opposed to 14th ranked. Jets D didn't get any help from their offense either.

San Diego defense is good this year though, and they have one of our old D Linemen Cordarro Law who I think is really good.

drdiags

Reaction score
One thing for sure, the AFCW is going to fair much better against the NFC than they were getting credit for before the beginning of the season. I still think the Broncos win the AFCW over the Chargers but until they meet, there is no way to know for sure.

I figured injuries would eventually catch up to them in the backfield but so far they have done what they need to do. Cannot worry about anything but beating the next opponent. Lot of teams coming out the gate pretty well. No clear cut dominant teams in my eyes yet.