NFC West Week 3

ringless

Reaction score
Current Standings:
AZ: 2-0 Next Opp SF 1-1
Sea: 1-1 Next Opp Den 2-0
SF 1-1 Next Opp @ AZ 2-0
Stl 1-1 Next Opp Dal 1-1

I think this is a really tough week to pick the games, as in all honestly... All of them really could go either way.
I know for AZ we have a lot riding on unknowns... Will Palmer be able to play, will Abraham show up Monday or is he truly done? Will Ruckers injury be healed? Tyrann should be good to go for the whole game as well..... I know our pass rush is non existent, the worst one I have seen in years.

For Seattle, you guys seem to have the best injury situation in the league right now. Playing at home, of course you guys are favored. However Peyton Manning is still Peyton Manning and you just dont know.... He could also pick apart the defense and it might not be as good as it was last year.

SF: We will see how the Vernon Davis injury plays out, he normally has monster games against AZ. The offense really hasnt done anything this season, 14 points came off the defense tonight, last week was the same story. The defense is also lacking in the same pass rush it use to have.

Stl: Sure they are hanging around at the moment, but they will be in the rear view in enough time for all of these teams I would have to think.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Congrats on sole possession of first place in the NFC West, Ringless.

Need to see what injuries keep players from playing for SF next weekend, if any. At the moment I'm tempted to pick the Cardinals in your game, but that's probably overly reactionary based on tonight. Have to wait a couple days and think about it.

Lxx

Reaction score
which is better for Seattle, Cardinals or 49ers Winning?
The main reason i'm not worried about Cardinals is because of their QB. Sorry but no one will take you guys serious in December with Carlson Palmer (or whoever may be your QB at the time)

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Lxx":u05cdu5q said:
The main reason i'm not worried about Cardinals is because of their QB. Sorry but no one will take you guys serious in December with Carlson Palmer (or whoever may be your QB at the time)

No offense taken... I think its better if the Cardinals win because I assume the 49ers are going to be a different beast when Bowman, and Aldon return.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Lxx":1bsysnce said:

Vaunted QBs certainly helped get the wins in the NFC W this week.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RedAlice":1omxlwvn said:
Yeah, but how sustainable is this weekend's NFC West QB win/loss trend over the rest of the season?

RedAlice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":h5zok7zu said:
RedAlice":h5zok7zu said:
Yeah, but how sustainable is this weekend's NFC West QB win/loss trend over the rest of the season?

I expect not sustainable at all.

I also expected neither team without a QB to win this week. And the two with them to win. So, wtfk?

rideaducati

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":fpzc92jo said:
RedAlice":fpzc92jo said:

Pretty sustainable for the niner QB.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Arizona currently has the best defense in the division. You may not have the best pass rush, but you're allowing the least points and seem to be the most consistent. Your offense isn't explosive but it's consistent and with the way the defense is playing, it's enough to win. Even against a terrible Giants team, you managed to go on the road and win with a backup QB. That can't be understated.

If AZ wants to be taken seriously as a contender, you have to beat SF. It hasn't happened in a few years...what, 10 in a row goes to SF ?

Seattle's defense is going to be tough to call. Was it just the heat and the offense's inability to sustain drives in said heat? ANY defense is going to wilt in that heat, with that time on the field. Or are we seeing flaws ?They should be focused and pissed, which will be a bad bad sign for Denver. Our offense looks to be the most explosive in the division right now, so that's a plus as long as we can pound Beast more than we did last game and sustain some drives.

SF is having secondary issues. They'be been outscored something like 39 - 6 in their first 2 games, which is them getting up on teams and then getting burned by the pass. They aren't getting consistent pressure on the QB, but have been playing the run well enough. The secondary was the big question mark to start the season, and it's still glaring. THe offense had a lackluster preseason, now they seem to have trouble running the ball and Kaepernick doesn't look to have progressed. THis was my biggest fear about that team: with a full complement of weapons, Kap could be deadly with his athleticism.

I'm going to say as of right now....SF wins against AZ. This could change with the injury report.

Seattle will beat Denver.

STL plays Dallas. I'm going to go with STL here.

kearly

Reaction score
The Cardinals would need a 3-0 type start if they hope to finish 11-5. Regardless, I'm still pulling for the Cardinals next week. Can't afford to see the 49ers sweep the Cards yet again.

kearly

Reaction score
Hawks46":avqinr39 said:
Arizona currently has the best defense in the division.

Arizona is a good team, but a week 1 out-of-sync Chargers offense at home and a horrific passing offense in New York have propped up their defensive numbers. That week one game the Chargers was a huge break for them. No sacks on Rivers, just one turnover, but they got bailed out because the Chargers pass catchers had 8 drops or something ridiculous like that.

Should be interesting to see how they defend Kaepernick with those scab LBs. I'm rooting for the Cardinals, but players like Kaepernick typically expose them.

Mizak

Reaction score
Rooting for all NFC West teams to be 2-1 next week.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Our Defense should be getting a boost this week. Three starters back on Defense. The return of Abraham should help more with our pass rush. We are also getting Rucker back our starting DE, we've had a third string late round pick rookie playing in his place. Tyrann got 5 snaps last week to test his ACL and is expected to get 20-30 this week. That's 3 starters back on Defense so they should play somewhat better. How much is yet to be seen.

We should get our punter back this week who has been a little slow getting the punts off and has had one blocked in each game leading to a significant amount of the 31 total points scored against us. 14 of them I believe. Field position should improve for us in saying that.

We could get Palmer back as well but I doubt it's this week. He is better than Stanton. But Palmer is average still.

With all of that we have a chance to be a much better team. With more depth, better rotations with fresher players. Our team should be a better team moving forward.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
It now appears that Vernon Davis will be out as well week 3 against the Cardinals. He was seen on crutches and the 49ers signed a tight end...... I would have to think with the players we are getting back this week, and some of the 49ers that got injured this week. Means we should be favored at home.... I think it is a big swing in our favor all riding on our QB now