Made my day. :)
78a86c8bdc9d5d8dcab1f9962cf325ed.jpg

Bigger upset than ours, IMHO

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
pmedic920":3s5t9lhk said:
Ok. I looked it up. I'm a dumb A$$.
My bad.

Could we now get back to the main topic.
The 9ers didn't win. :)

How'd the Hawks do?

Ozzy

Reaction score
Not nearly as bad as the Niners did in blowing a monster lead at home and having a QB who looks completely lost out there. Good luck with that this year.

Barakas

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":1bn8v81w said:
pmedic920":1bn8v81w said:
My bad.

How'd the Hawks do?

We lost on the road to an AFC team that won a playoff game last year. All credit to them, they played their 'A' game and we took it to our last, meaningful, drive and came up short. It should be a good teaching moment for the Seahawks and hopefully we don't play any more games in 110+ degree weather :)

What would you say of your loss?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Barakas":1q0cffnz said:
we took it to our last, meaningful, drive and came up short.

I guess "coming up short" is one way to describe starting on your 11 yard line and four plays later ending up on your 10 yard line. :lol:

(just ribbing you, please don't take it too seriously)

Barakas":1q0cffnz said:

Personally, a loss is a loss. I have no interest in sugar coating losses or making excuses about officiating, weather, unluckly bounces, injuries, etc., etc.. A loss is a loss is a loss. In a month's time the only people who will be interested in qualifying losses will be fans with a vested interest in trying to convince themselves that their team played well enough to win.

So, what I will say of the 9ers loss is that they didn't play well enough to win. They could have, and they didn't. :)

Anything beyond that is homer nonsense, IMO.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I will admit, watching Kap vomit all over himself really did help with the sting of our loss.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Popeyejones":26uctzqa said:
Barakas":26uctzqa said:
we took it to our last, meaningful, drive and came up short.

I guess "coming up short" is one way to describe starting on your 11 yard line and four plays later ending up on your 10 yard line. :lol:

(just ribbing you, please don't take it too seriously)

Barakas":26uctzqa said:

Personally, a loss is a loss. I have no interest in sugar coating losses or making excuses about officiating, weather, unluckly bounces, injuries, etc., etc.. A loss is a loss is a loss. In a month's time the only people who will be interested in qualifying losses will be fans with a vested interest in trying to convince themselves that their team played well enough to win.

So, what I will say of the 9ers loss is that they didn't play well enough to win. They could have, and they didn't. :)

Anything beyond that is homer nonsense, IMO.

Agreed, a loss is a loss. At this point in time with these two teams. All that matters is which column the game goes into. And as of week 2 both our teams are looking up in the standings.

NINEster

Reaction score
At a certain point, as much as I hate to even say it , it's probably best the 49ers lost the game so it stings so bad to rattle the players up mentally. Had they held on to win/tie, it wouldn't register the same.

Not gonna go 16-0, and won't always beat the inferior team. At least it wasn't a division opponent who did that to us.

Only thing that truly stings is losing the opener.

I noticed that the Colts/Eagles game was officiated far differently than our game yesterday. Similar officiating might have the Niners 2-0 right now.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":5w2ui1g3 said:
Don't care how you spin it, both our teams shit the bed.

I think both of the teams we played played well though.

I re-watched the Bears comeback and Cutler was on fire.

I think it was a worse loss for you guys because it was a home game.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":rziod83a said:
pmedic920":rziod83a said:
My bad.

How'd the Hawks do?

In the grand scheme of things, i see the niners as our toughest competition
I'm happy that we didn't go down a game to them.
That's all my post was about.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
While in SD, the people sitting next to me on the plane ribbed a Ninerfan. Gentle ribbing and it was all good. He said exactly what I thought. It came down to them and us last year....it will be the same this year. I even think he may have gone to the game we had in SD. He wore his colors on the plane but not to the game if it was him that I saw. A gentleman.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Popeyejones":fcvgpr5a said:
So, what I will say of the 9ers loss is that they didn't play well enough to win. They could have, and they didn't. :) .

What's your honest assessment of Kaepernick now that there's a large enough sample size of his play?

As much as I think Trent Dilfer is a tool, I found his assessment of Kaepernick earlier this week right on the money. He said he's not sold on guys like Kaepernick and RG3 because they're still struggling to understand what the QB position is about.

Meaning Kaepernick thinks he NEEDS to be a playmaker, which sounds like a good thing, but for a QB it's not because it leads to risky plays......which has been Kaep's problem in the 2nd half of games. Instead of playing smart controlled football leading his team unselfishly taking what's given to him.........he feels the need to make ill advised throws or take off and run because that's all he's ever known. GOTTA MAKE PLAYS!

The best QB's of all time weren't "playmakers," they were commanders of the offense, willing to let other's shine unselfishly for the sake of the common goal of winning...........and I think Kaepernick hasn't figured that out yet.