Walter Thurmond III out for the year

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Ouch. This is one of the main reasons we didn't re-sign him IMO (along with the drug problems obviously). They guy just cannot stay on the field. Last year was a miracle that he played as much as he did.

He talked a lot of talk this offseason and he won't have a chance to back it up now. He was only on a one year too, that sucks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-thurmon-tears-pectoral-out-for-giants-season

getnasty

Reaction score
Bummer for WT3, Looks like will get him back on the cheap next year.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Didn't he say something along the lines of that if he was to have another major injury, he would probably retire? At least he played decently on his last year with the Hawks to earn a decent chunk of change with his one year with the Giants. We'll see what happens in the off-season...

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Between his injury history and suspension history I was very happy to see him sign elsewhere this offseason. I feel bad for him and hope he can bounce back from this and salvage a productive career, but I'm glad that we aren't paying him to sit on IR this year.

Largent80

Reaction score
Probably, the only reason he was able to play all of last year was because of the suspension.

Sucks to be him unless you are cashing his checks.

Basis4day

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":3s9c82df said:
Didn't he say something along the lines of that if he was to have another major injury, he would probably retire? At least he played decently on his last year with the Hawks to earn a decent chunk of change with his one year with the Giants. We'll see what happens in the off-season...

He did say that early last season, but it had more to do with the rehab process required for another ACL or similar.
No clue what a torn pec requires.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
getnasty":3f1wi76e said:
Bummer for WT3, Looks like will get him back on the cheap next year.

LOL this is exactly what I thought assuming he wants to play again..welcome back WT3 :D

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about WT3. If I had the choice of brining a player back...it would be Brandon Browner. He would have been perfect to cover Antonio Gates yesterday.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
If Browner was still with us he wouldn't have done any good given he wouldn't be off suspension until the Dallas game.

OrFan

Reaction score
WT3 is the one player we lost, that I didn't care he left. The guy is an average corner who is almost always hurt or suspended. I honestly would not want him back.

Browner? I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

hawker84

Reaction score
I don't want either of them back. Love browner but dude is a penalty waiting to happen when he's not suspended of course. Not to mention he can't cover for crap, especially with the new rule. Thurmond, well i guess this thread pretty much covers him.

Adios Amigos, good luck to both of them.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I want the Browner interview back. The combination of marble mouth and Lurch is hilarious.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Sort of like this except derpier:

[youtube]1F4W0R1Zr_8[/youtube]