Arian Foster fires back at Anheuser-Busch

Jville

Reaction score
It would appear that a war of words has begun to take on a life of it's own ........ this can't be a good omen for sponsorship.

“Selling poison on that high horse,” Foster said on Twitter. “Domestic violence and alcohol damn near synonymous.”

Link >> [urltargetblank]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/16/arian-foster-fires-back-at-anheuser-busch/[/urltargetblank]

But Anheuser-Busch is not the only sponsor unhappy with the NFL. McDonald’s, Visa, and Campbell’s Soup Co. have also taken their concerns to the league. So far Arian Foster has not had anything to say about the others.
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1479828/arian- ... JFiAIO1.99

Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.inquisitr.com/1479828/arian-foster-rips-beer-maker-anheuser-busch-for-criticizing-nfl-on-domestic-violence/[/urltargetblank]

kearly

Reaction score
Oh no, where will the most profitable sport in the world find sponsors?

chris98251

Reaction score
kearly":lptcis26 said:

The wheels that have started moving will gather more speed before this bus slows down and the NFL is avoiding the media and events which adds to the problem. They may not break the bank but this is going to be a Black Eye that is going to be remembered for a long time. The more they delay in how they deal with stuff and come clean the more people are going to think that where there is smoke there is fire. I think something is being covered up as well, it's easy to tell the truth and be up front when there is nothing to hide. Should have been over and done by now given the resources the NFL has available to use.

Good example is how things turned out with the Sonics, everyone knows that situation and it's still talked about and brought up all over.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Foster kinda has a point, no? The "selling poison" bit is a little over the top, but alcohol and domestic violence being linked? Don't have to work too hard to make that connection...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Foster's an idiot. Irresponsible ass-clowns and domestic abuse go hand in hand, whether the other irresponsible part is alcohol, drugs, stupidity, what have you.

Besides, it's not like Anheuser-Busch even makes a beer with enough alcohol in it to turn someone into a wife beater. :lol: (Unless they get angry at the lack of taste, I suppose.)

mikeak

Reaction score
I give props to Arian. I haven't see any senators claim that you can't buy any alcohol if you ever had a DUI or domestic abuse arrest when drinking alcohol.

I am not condoning the behavior of players but at some point there is enough piling on and AB is the last company that should open their trap....

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3ux746w1 said:
Arian's ultimate play here? Foster's sponsorship.
Winner.

It is pretty funny that a beer company is complaining about the image issue of an incident where the man and wife were shitfaced.

A

Anonymous

kearly":3q9rvsrp said:

Get ready, they'll be selling only cars before you know it.

hawker84

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1rat2ddj said:
kearly":1rat2ddj said:

Get ready, they'll be selling only cars before you know it.

Or smokes. Sure Joe Camel wants some action, and has been known to turn a blind eye from time to time.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
mikeak":8g6dl4jl said:
I give props to Arian. I haven't see any senators claim that you can't buy any alcohol if you ever had a DUI or domestic abuse arrest when drinking alcohol.

I am not condoning the behavior of players but at some point there is enough piling on and AB is the last company that should open their trap....

In many states if you are on probation for DUI you aren't allowed any alcohol.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":14dmhwvr said:
Foster kinda has a point, no? The "selling poison" bit is a little over the top, but alcohol and domestic violence being linked? Don't have to work too hard to make that connection...

Just as background, Foster isn't religious, but he was raised Muslim (I think NoI). Referring to Alcohol and other drugs as "poison" is very, very common in the community in which he grew up.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
Budweiser has always championed women's rights..........

Bxr9cs7CQAAMHNv

....to wear skimpy underwear to promote their beer.

I can sleep at night now knowing that Anheuser-Bush family cares so much for women in this country.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Maybe these fat coporate people can gtf out of the game so parents and their kids can go to a game...I agree with Foster in part...Budweiser the king of DUI has no business saying anything..

HawkWow

Reaction score
mikeak":1eoh64x6 said:

Agreed. In the time it will take to type this, 5,000 +/- spouses and/or kids will be smacked with the hand not holding the Bud.

I don't imbibe, but appreciate and respect that many do. I have no problem with Budweiser or any other alcohol related sponsor...but they would be wiser to just STHU, imo.

I respect Foster for being less PC than most, but I didn't invest in him either. FanTex's vision has to be a bit blurred these days. Shame.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
These sponsors don't really care, they're just posturing for a better deal.