Cardinals Jonathan Dwyer Questioned for Violence

Jville

Reaction score
UPDATE: The initial report indicated Jonathan Dwyer was arrested for domestic violence. However, a full report claims the running back was pulled from Arizona Cardinals practice on Wednesday afternoon to answer questions regarding a domestic violence incident.

If it were me, I'd edit the title to read "Cardinals Jonathan Dwyer questioned for Domestic Violence"

ringless

Reaction score
I hope this isn't true, some of what I have heard (speculation with no proof) is he may have broke her nose. If he did this, and I am sure we will know within 24 hours, he will be cut I am sure.

I just dont get how a player can do something stupid like that with how crazy the media and twitter is over it... Hopefully we cut him, and pick up another RB, the one that comes to mind that has experience on our team would be Ryan Williams

ringless

Reaction score
From @cbseveningnews

CONFIRMED: AZ Cardinals RB Jonathan Dwyer arrested for domestic violence.
Charges:
-aggravated assault
-preventing someone from calling 911

ringless

Reaction score
At this point I say we cut him, proven or not. He just put himself in a bad situation, his teammates, the organization, and the NFL..... What is going on this year with injuries and suspensions is just insane.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
ringless":308iaz24 said:
At this point I say we cut him, proven or not. He just put himself in a bad situation, his teammates, the organization, and the NFL..... What is going on this year with injuries and suspensions is just insane.

Really ringless? Just gonna do that without any due process?

Hey were playing the broncos this week. Im gonna call the police and say I saw Peyton beating his wife..... Boom arrest his ass, throw him the hell out of the league.........

bmorepunk

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3mk97p8w said:
ringless":3mk97p8w said:

Really ringless? Just gonna do that without any due process?

Hey were playing the broncos this week. Im gonna call the police and say I saw Peyton beating his wife..... Boom arrest his ass, throw him the hell out of the league.........

Like I posted in the other thread, "due process" implies the legal system. Ray Rice was cleared in the legal system, so by "due process" the guy deserves a zero game suspension.

A proper investigation by the NFL if charged? That would be the process a dude should get.

ringless

Reaction score
He has been charged though, there is a difference. I at the very least would expect him to be deactivated, while the team does an investigation but that shouldn't take as long as the 49ers, and should be done before the game.

I just dont see the kid playing another snap for us and I am okay with that. Not excited because we just cant afford anymore losses but it is what it is... Timing of the situation was poor and that does have a big impact

huskylawyer

Reaction score
The Twitter Mob has spoken. There really isn't any other option:

Electric chair 4a1

Sports news is now mass hysteria.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Seahawks fans know first hand. Marshawn Lynch was recently accused of something... I forget, was it DV? Anyway, had we judge jury and executionered him the first time we heard about it........ We would of missed that he was totally cleared of everything, in fact he was at the team facility at the time or something like that.

Either way, this country will let 9 guilty men go free if it means not sending one innocent man to jail. LEt's let these things work themselves out. Don't give into the angry twitter mobs.

Barakas

Reaction score
I'm really getting tired of all of this due process talk. It's not like the team is going to send him to jail. If a player contract says they can be cut for embarrassing the team for whatever reason then the team can do that without any due process.

Now, I'm not saying he's guilty or not guilty or any of that. I'm just saying people hiding behind "due process" when player's contracts have stipulations in them for cases like this is getting tiresome.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... uct-policy

STANDARD OF CONDUCT

While criminal activity is clearly outside the scope of permissible conduct, and persons who engage in criminal activity will be subject to discipline, the standard of conduct for persons employed in the NFL is considerably higher. It is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty of a crime. Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the League is based, and is lawful. Persons who fail to live up to this standard of conduct are guilty of conduct detrimental and subject to discipline, even where the conduct itself does not result in conviction of a crime. Discipline may be imposed in any of the following circumstances:

Criminal offenses including, but not limited to, those involving:

The use or threat of violence; domestic violence and other forms of partner abuse; theft and other property crimes; sex offenses; obstruction or resisting arrest; disorderly conduct; fraud; racketeering; and money laundering;
Criminal offenses relating to steroids and prohibited substances, or substances of abuse;
Violent or threatening behavior among employees, whether in or outside the workplace;
Possession of a gun or other weapon in any workplace setting, including but not limited to stadiums, team facilities, training camp, locker rooms, team planes,
buses, parking lots, etc., or unlawful possession of a weapon outside of the workplace;
Conduct that imposes inherent danger to the safety and well being of another person; and
Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the NFL, NFL clubs, or NFL players.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
huskylawyer":2g0zasde said:
The Twitter Mob has spoken. There really isn't any other option:

Electric chair 4a1

Sports news is now mass hysteria.

You are so melodramatic.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
gowazzu02":9jkbzg50 said:
Seahawks fans know first hand. Marshawn Lynch was recently accused of something... I forget, was it DV? Anyway, had we judge jury and executionered him the first time we heard about it........ We would of missed that he was totally cleared of everything, in fact he was at the team facility at the time or something like that.

Either way, this country will let 9 guilty men go free if it means not sending one innocent man to jail. LEt's let these things work themselves out. Don't give into the angry twitter mobs.

When was Lynch arrested?

ringless

Reaction score
Cards RB Jonathan Dwyer currently being questioned about alleged fight w wife from a while ago.She saved records of injuries @tylerbaldwin

-The Glove-

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2c478h5u said:

There's a huge difference in being charged and just being accused...the team and I believe Marshawns camp immediately shot down those accusations. They knew it was bogus and treated it as such

themunn

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2krl4bje said:
gowazzu02":2krl4bje said:

When was Lynch arrested?

His DUI (that he was not convicted for)