Vikings Release Troubled Receiver Simpson

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000396842/article/vikings-release-receiver-jerome-simpson[/urltargetblank]

The team on Thursday announced the release of the veteran wide receiver after learning that Simpson faces charges of driving on a limited driver's license, possession of marijuana in a motor vehicle and open bottle in a motor vehicle from an incident that occurred July 7, per an incident report obtained by NFL Media.

Not his first incident either. Many will remember his previous arrest when 2 lbs of marijuana was delivered to his house. I think the Vikings are desperately trying to swim in these shark infested waters and are bleeding profusely right now. Basically they are in a no win situation.

Largent80

Reaction score
What's next?...A player farts and they need to sample the fart for substances?

This is pretty weak IMO.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
He already had a suspension in line that he had to do for the first three games of the season Browner-style. Then he gets these charges slapped on him in July. He's a marginal receiver, they probably were going to let it roll but he's worth zero trouble at this point with the other issue they have given his ability to be replaced.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I hope Denver Broncos doesn't pick him up. I don't think i could take another domestic violence story involving a Simpson and a bronco.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":22df5alm said:
I hope Denver Broncos doesn't pick him up. I don't think i could take another domestic violence story involving a Simpson and a bronco.

65324-Colbert-clapping-gif-RYps.gif

mikeak

Reaction score
^ above doesn't work but I know the play. Came to post the exact same thing. Unbelivable what he did there