"Former Titans kicker Rob Bironas killed in car crash"

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Rob Bironas, who spent nine years as the kicker for the Tennessee Titans, has died in a car crash. He was 36.

Nashville police confirmed that Bironas was in a single-car crash at around 11 p.m. on Saturday. According to the Tennessean, Bironas lost control of his SUV and hit several trees. He was pronounced dead on arrival at a local hospital.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... car-crash/

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Police are saying no signs of intoxication, just that he tried to take a turn too fast and lost control.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
bmorepunk":f09d9n1e said:
Police are saying no signs of intoxication, just that he tried to take a turn too fast and lost control.
I'm glad to hear that if you get what I mean. Thanks for the info.

He was Terry Bradshaw's son-in-law I just saw/heard on FOX pregame show which I did not know. Sympathies to everyone in the extended families.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Apparently he and Rachel Bradshaw just got married this past June. Just heartbreaking. Thoughts and prayers to both families.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
It's hard to get killed in a crash these days, at least compared to before all this crumple zone/airbag design stuff. He must have either been going really fast, or not wearing his seatbelt. Either way, it's still a damn shame.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I remember he once kicked 8 field goals in one game.

Sad.

Maulbert

Reaction score
A terrible tragedy. Not trying to make light of anything, but if I were in Terry Bradshaw's family, I'd hide in a bunker before the next Seahawks-Broncos game. His father died right before Super Bowl XLVIII. :shock:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/jwyattsports/status/518159912388792320[/tweet]

Err...Can't say I feel sorry for him any longer.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Yeah its pretty hard not to hit stuff when your almost 3 times legal. I am just thankful he didn't take people with him.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I guess the police saying there were no signs of intoxication doesn't include the ridiculous booze smell.