Rams TE Jared Cook to his own starting QB...

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Wish there was a NFL general thread for tiny stuff like this instead of making a thread, but drama with other teams is always interesting.

https://vine.co/v/O7AjXZIg9Ba

Could not imagine someone on the Hawks doing that. Glad someone got in his face about it though.

Exittium

Reaction score
haha... see they still have sidelines issues no different then last year.. Fisher has zero control of stuff

HansGruber

Reaction score
Like how #14 is applauding.

That team is a ship wreck yet again. What an eternal bad joke.

Seahawk_nation

Reaction score
Wow! Like a kid throwing a fit.... Makes me appreciate the fact that win or lose our guys have always got each others back.. Go Hawks

SeatownJay

Reaction score
hgwellz12":7w70ibkt said:
Smdh. What was the impetus for that? Anyone watch the game?
Cook had just dropped a pass on 3rd down that would've been a TD. Davis went to say something to him and he pushed the QB away.

OP
OP
D

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
hgwellz12":ssxuh2wl said:
Smdh. What was the impetus for that? Anyone watch the game?

In St. Louis, where the Rams had seen a 21-0 lead evaporate to 21-20, the offense moved to the brink of the Dallas end zone. On third and goal, quarterback Austin Davis thew a pass to tight end Jared Cook, who dropped an easy score.

On the sidelines after the play, Cook walked toward Davis. Davis extended a hand.

And Cook shoved Davis.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -threw-it/

ringless

Reaction score
I hate seeing that, it actually made me feel bad.... Cook is trash... I mean the man is trying to shake your hand and thats how you act... Disgusting, if I saw that on my team it would break my heart. If I was the ownership I would suspend him for a game without pay... That is not acceptable

Cyrus12

Reaction score
didn't the hawks try and get Cook not too long ago? glad they didn't...gonna be another long year for the LA(ugh) Rams...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3jid874c said:
didn't the hawks try and get Cook not too long ago? glad they didn't...gonna be another long year for the LA(ugh) Rams...
I don't think they did. I know some fans wanted him.

HawkWow

Reaction score
ringless":1t68g5kl said:
I hate seeing that, it actually made me feel bad.... Cook is trash... I mean the man is trying to shake your hand and thats how you act... Disgusting, if I saw that on my team it would break my heart. If I was the ownership I would suspend him for a game without pay... That is not acceptable

"Trash" might be a bit harsh. To my knowledge, Cook has no history of such stuff. This is a very emotional game / occupation and players, like humans, sometimes make mistakes. How do we know there's not more to the story? How do we know Davis isn't buggering Cook's wife?

His team mates checked him, he issued an apology and that should have been the end of it right there.

Too bad Cook's not living up to his ridiculous talents. That's the real story here and likely the source of his misdirected frustration. But to call the man "trash"...that's just wrong, imo.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Here's an article saying how Cook apologized after the game and a bit of a longer video than the Vine in the OP

[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000398880/article/jared-cook-apologizes-for-shoving-austin-davis[/urltargetblank]

RedAlice

Reaction score
Cook is: overpaid. underperforming. arrogant. thinks he is more than he is: cannot prove himself on the FOOTBALL field to justify who he is in his own mind.

So, he shoves a young, backup QB.

I want him off my team, but that won't happen. Davis says all is good. Davis is young and trying and is not old enough to recognize an actual asshole when he sees one.

nanomoz

Reaction score
The fact that many people on this forum are secretly rooting for Austin Davis to succeed (due to his generosity towards English's draft blog) makes me dislike Cook even more. What an ass. You just dropped a wide open TD that may have made the difference in the game. Davis should be shoving his ass.

chris98251

Reaction score
RedAlice":22ve7y8s said:
Cook is: overpaid. underperforming. arrogant. thinks he is more than he is: cannot prove himself on the FOOTBALL field to justify who he is in his own mind.

I want him off my team, but that won't happen. Davis says all is good. Davis is young and trying and is not old enough to recognize an actual asshole when he sees one.

I disagree, Davis is the guy that throws him the ball, or throws him into a oncoming Kam Chancellor, You don't crap on your own dinner table.

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":29ppv9de said:
RedAlice":29ppv9de said:

I disagree, Davis is the guy that throws him the ball, or throws him into a oncoming Kam Chancellor, You don't crap on your own dinner table.

I have no idea what your point is. Can you clarify?

Your point is Davis threw a bad ball to Cook?

or?