Niners whine about officiating

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Surprise, surprise. They don't call them the Forty-Whiners for nothing.

"For me, it's been obvious the last two weeks: The amount of calls that have gone against us and the amount of calls that we've gotten hasn't been close," Boldin said Sunday after the 49ers' 23-14 loss to the Arizona Cardinals.

"Every week, it's the same thing -- send the tape in, the NFL just reports back, 'We made a mistake.' But at the same time, the crap cost us another game. At some point, they need to be held accountable." Boldin called the disparity and timing of the calls "unbelievable," adding later "if you're going to call it, call it both ways."

Asked if great teams should able to play through such things, Boldin, who owned his own unnecessary roughness penalty for head-butting Tony Jefferson, shrugged.

"You try to," he said, "but at crucial points in the game like that, how can you?"

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11568 ... s-2-losses

4JCINXy

Marvin49

Reaction score
Well, he's right...some of the calls have been ludicrous...but they've shot themselves in the foot as well. As much as I'd love to, they've made too many errors and poor decisions to put it all on the refs.

Barakas

Reaction score
But I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colors
True colors are beautiful,
Like a rainbow

Laloosh

Reaction score
Boldin is an idiot. Don't like being penalized? Don't head butt people, stop breaking the rules, a-hole!

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":x8etp9lb said:
I reckon Harbaugh's already got his mind on his next job, wherever that may be. Doesn't really look as though he's trying very hard so far this season. I've seen this same sentiment over on the Webzone, too. Do you agree?

Nah.

They aren't losing because Harbaugh isn't focused. They are losing because they have zero pass rush and they are getting penalized at the worst possible times. Some of those penalties are total BS and some were rightly earned by poor decision making.

As an example of the officiating....

1) Cards RB clearly moved early on 4th and one and it wasn't called.
2) Dan Skuta called for Personal foul on a hit of Stanton. Stanton had just begun his slide (was still airborne) and skuta hit him shoulder to shoulder. BS.
3) Willis called on roughing on a blitz. Didn't hit Standon on the head and didn't lower his head. Wasn't late either.

Its gotten to the point were big hits are flagged automatically...just because they are big hits.

In fairness though, there were a number of calls that were JUSTOFIED and Niners were just shooting themselves in the foot.

1) Boldin. Ug. Just got a first down. Would have been 1st and goal form the 6. PF made it 1st and goal from the 21. That drive ended with a blocked 40+ yard FG.
2) Chris Cook essentially manhanding a WR all the way down the sideline on 3rd down.
3) Justin Smith sack on 3rd down wiped out by Defensive Holding on Eric Reid.

There were also some calls the refs DIDN'T make that they could have. Jimmie Ward went helmet to helmet on Stanton but didn't draw the flag.

It goes on and on. I see what most Niner fans see. HORRIBLE officiating. However...they were guilty of enough of these that I really can't put the game on the refs.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":3ql7m48v said:
Boldin is an idiot. Don't like being penalized? Don't head butt people, stop breaking the rules, a-hole!

Not an idiot by any stretch, but certainly a poor decision.

He's been walking a fine line for a long time and there have been several times he COULD have gotten that call. It finally caught up to him at a really bad time.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":dtoxyvic said:
peachesenregalia":dtoxyvic said:
I reckon Harbaugh's already got his mind on his next job, wherever that may be. Doesn't really look as though he's trying very hard so far this season. I've seen this same sentiment over on the Webzone, too. Do you agree?

Nah.

They aren't losing because Harbaugh isn't focused. They are losing because they have zero pass rush and they are getting penalized at the worst possible times. Some of those penalties are total BS and some were rightly earned by poor decision making.

2) Dan Skuta called for Personal foul on a hit of Stanton. Stanton had just begun his slide (was still airborne) and skuta hit him shoulder to shoulder. BS.
3) Willis called on roughing on a blitz. Didn't hit Standon on the head and didn't lower his head. Wasn't late either.

Its gotten to the point were big hits are flagged automatically...just because they are big hits.

In fairness though, there were a number of calls that were JUSTOFIED and Niners were just shooting themselves in the foot.

1) Boldin. Ug. Just got a first down. Would have been 1st and goal form the 6. PF made it 1st and goal from the 21. That drive ended with a blocked 40+ yard FG.
2) Chris Cook essentially manhanding a WR all the way down the sideline on 3rd down.

It goes on and on. I see what most Niner fans see. HORRIBLE officiating. However...they were guilty of enough of these that I really can't put the game on the refs.

Hey Marv, can you PM me when the conspiracy theory video comes out on this one? Looking forward to it.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":fhc0p4uy said:
Laloosh":fhc0p4uy said:

Not an idiot by any stretch, but certainly a poor decision.

He's been walking a fine line for a long time and there have been several times he COULD have gotten that call. It finally caught up to him at a really bad time.

He did the same thing to a Seahawk last year in San Fran and wasn't flagged. Maybe that's why your fan base thinks the problem is the refs.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":301g60jb said:
Marvin49":301g60jb said:
peachesenregalia":301g60jb said:

Nah.

Hey Marv, can you PM me when the conspiracy theory video comes out on this one? Looking forward to it.

LOL.

No conspiracy. Just bad calls.

As I said tho...also some deserved ones.

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1fdmg0y6 said:
Marvin, SF had been getting away with a LOT over the previous 3-4 years. We all saw it, and you webzoners called us whiney for calling it out. Now the shoe is on the other foot, and you guys are all bitching out because you're not getting ref relief anymore.

Philly are going to have a field day with your lot next week, then you'll win one of either vs. KC or @ St Louis, then Denver are going to kill you guys. 2-5 heading into the bye, and already out of playoff contention because you're going to lose to New Orleans, San Diego and Seattle at least once. 8-8, possibly 7-9. Bye-bye, Harbaugh and Kaep. It was a good run while it lasted (it wasn't).

Pot? Kettle?

Just sayin.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":vr8avy6i said:
peachesenregalia":vr8avy6i said:
Marvin, SF had been getting away with a LOT over the previous 3-4 years. We all saw it, and you webzoners called us whiney for calling it out. Now the shoe is on the other foot, and you guys are all bitching out because you're not getting ref relief anymore.

Philly are going to have a field day with your lot next week, then you'll win one of either vs. KC or @ St Louis, then Denver are going to kill you guys. 2-5 heading into the bye, and already out of playoff contention because you're going to lose to New Orleans, San Diego and Seattle at least once. 8-8, possibly 7-9. Bye-bye, Harbaugh and Kaep. It was a good run while it lasted (it wasn't).

Pot? Kettle?

Just sayin.

They should let Niner fans officiate their games. Only way to get an unbiased, fairly called game.

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
The funny thing is, that Seattle led the league in penalties by a substantial amount last year and didn't hear any of their players say what crybaby Boldin just did. He's been a cheap shot artist his entire career.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but I find it delicious that a fanbase that has accused their biggest rivals of cheating and that they should change the rules to be more strict are now the victims of the very thing they wanted to bring in. It's so big and delicious an irony it should be on Man Versus Food.

SF49r

Reaction score
I dont like to whine about the refs but they have been absolutely horrible and bias the last 3 games. I really dont know how you guys dont see it.

Chapow

Reaction score
Marvin49":1vcrm9yx said:
They are losing because they have zero pass rush and they are getting penalized at the worst possible times. Some of those penalties are total BS and some were rightly earned by poor decision making.

So that's why huh? And here I was sitting here thinking that maybe losing that Bears game might have had something to do with Kap tossing 3 picks and losing a fumble.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
SF49r":1psnxbf3 said:
I dont like to whine about the refs but they have been absolutely horrible and bias the last 3 games. I really dont know how you guys dont see it.

Maybe there is a reason everyone hates you?

Barakas

Reaction score
SF49r":27e1n1p8 said:

Seriously??? You don't know how we don't see it??

Here, I'll give you a hint. You are posting on http://WWW.SEAHAWKS.NET

Not exactly a place where you are going to be comforted.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Marvin49":zez1bmd7 said:
peachesenregalia":zez1bmd7 said:

Nah.

There were also some calls the refs DIDN'T make that they could have. Jimmie Ward went helmet to helmet on Stanton but didn't draw the flag.

Beck crying

Marvin49

Reaction score
Chapow":21loh15c said:
Marvin49":21loh15c said:
They are losing because they have zero pass rush and they are getting penalized at the worst possible times. Some of those penalties are total BS and some were rightly earned by poor decision making.

So that's why huh? And here I was sitting here thinking that maybe losing that Bears game might have had something to do with Kap tossing 3 picks and losing a fumble.

Don't be silly....of course that had a lot to do with. They were ALSO penalized SIXTEEN TIMES vs. the Bears and couldn't put a rush on Cutler.

They had the same pass rush and penalty issue in Dallas even though they won the game.