Is this an NFL forum, or a 9ers forum?

Largent80

Reaction score
Really?...We have 1 guy...Marvin, with more posts here than many veteran posters.

We constantly have stupid 9er threads created and multiple pages are the norm.

This is supposed to be about the NFL as a whole, not a HOLE.

Sherminator

Reaction score
Largent80":3kgufb9c said:
Really?...We have 1 guy...Marvin, with more posts here than many veteran posters.

Just do what most forums do, make a 49 thread and everything 49 related goes in there
Beats out having multiple 9er threads

Marvin49

Reaction score
Largent80":36hj59ro said:

I know, huh. :)

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Why not make a separate forum for the NFC West? Maybe even a rival forum, this is stupid. 4 pages on Kaeperturkey?

It's pathetic really.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
If the Rams were any good, and the Cardinals were in some way interesting, there'd be threads on their teams.

As for the other 28 teams, there is a significant disinterest in many of them, and a significant lack of knowledge concerning the rest. (Most of this is because there's an oft-expressed bias against fantasy football players, which is ironic since they keep the closest tabs on what's going on in the league.) So what's there to talk about?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
There are 13 49er threads that I counted in the NFL Nation forum out of the most recent 75.

Every one of them was started by a Seahawks fan.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2yqvmxjy said:
If the Rams were any good, and the Cardinals were in some way interesting, there'd be threads on their teams.

As for the other 28 teams, there is a significant disinterest in many of them, and a significant lack of knowledge concerning the rest. (Most of this is because there's an oft-expressed bias against fantasy football players, which is ironic since they keep the closest tabs on what's going on in the league.) So what's there to talk about?

I suppose we could talk about whether we think the Bengals are for real.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The 49ers and their fans just make themselves so unlikable, it's kind of like a fascinating science experiment; we can't walk away. Just run with it, Largent!

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":44c039pt said:
The 49ers and their fans just make themselves so unlikable, it's kind of like a fascinating science experiment; we can't walk away. Just run with it, Largent!

Ok, nevermind. This place is a .......

BN9tUg2

El Caliente

Reaction score
If you think that its bad now wait til this offseason when Harbaugh leaves for Michigan and they come for Dan Quinn.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
El Caliente":2b5myc6v said:
If you think that its bad now wait til this offseason when Harbaugh leaves for Michigan and they come for Dan Quinn.
According to an un-named bottom feeder fan forum of a specific rival, SC is going to be interested in Bevell
That'd be a real pisser! :sarcasm_off:

El Caliente

Reaction score
Doesn't Quinn have ties to the 49ers (not a Seahawks or 49ers fan so not sure)? If they came for him he would probably listen.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
El Caliente":1g1u2fet said:

Harbaugh is under contract next year. If he really wants to leave I guess they could release him*, but I don't see them firing him.

As for Quinn, I don't see it happening. If/when Harbaugh does leave I think it will provide some insight into who is really running things in the 9ers org. With the extra 100 million annually from the new stadium in the team's coffers, if they go cheap and promote Jim Tomsula we'll know that John York is still controlling the purse strings, whereas if they open the vault to try to bring a guy like Gruden back, we'll know that Jeb is actually in charge.

*As for Harbaugh wanting to leave for Michigan, is there any precedent of NFL coaches who are still under contract and still in high demand in the NFL forsaking NFL suitors and going back to the college ranks. The only cases I can think of is people returning after they've flamed out at the NFL level. Not saying it couldn't happen, but unless I'm forgetting some obvious names, historically, it seems pretty unlikely.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
El Caliente":1rn85zxv said:
Doesn't Quinn have ties to the 49ers (not a Seahawks or 49ers fan so not sure)? If they came for him he would probably listen.

He was defensive quality control coach ( = white collar water boy) for a year and then the D-line coach for one year, but that was back in '04 when John York ran the team and Dennis Erickson was the head coach. The only front office person still with the org from back then is probably Marathe, and there's no reason they would have had a relationship back then (Marathe was just negotiating contracts).

Save for the team name he doesn't really have any ties to the org as it currently stands that I can think of.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
El Caliente":1qlubvcc said:

Not to bad mouth Dan Quinn, who has obviously done an amazing job, but in all honesty, just about anyone willing to learn could be a successful DC under Pete Carroll.

Nick Holt was the DC for Pete Carroll's best defense at USC in 2008, and now he can barely cut it as a minor league coach.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkinNY":12xli760 said:
And yet you create another thread.

Irony.

I don't mind arguing with Niner fans, it's more fun than arguing with Hawk fans. It's like scrimmaging, you'd much rather play another team than against your own teammates.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2yu2nsdv said:
HawkinNY":2yu2nsdv said:
And yet you create another thread.

Irony.

I don't mind arguing with Niner fans, it's more fun than arguing with Hawk fans. It's like scrimmaging, you'd much rather play another team than against your own teammates.

As fans, we're just competing to be the best trash talkers we can be. :th2thumbs: