Winston Guy experiment at free safety is over.

Jville

Reaction score
Winston Guy has been relieved of his starting free safety duties and reassigned to a backup strong safety role.

Jaguars make multiple lineup changes to struggling defense >>> [urltargetblank]http://members.jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/400642/hays-carlyon/2014-09-24/jaguars-make-multiple-lineup-changes-struggling-defense[/urltargetblank]

gowazzu02

Reaction score
ivotuk":1xt7a050 said:
Winston is a dumbshit. Always getting stupid penalties and "acting the fool."

LOL you mean "predator"! HAHA remember when he was trying to make that nick name stick in the real rob report. Guys a tool.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Gus's opportunity as an NFL HC is slowly eroding away unless he can eek out a couple of Ws.

I expected more from the Jags defensively by now.

Largent80

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1tvl8gcw said:
ivotuk":1tvl8gcw said:

LOL you mean "predator"! HAHA remember when he was trying to make that nick name stick in the real rob report. Guys a tool.

Yeah, he had "cut me" all over his face in that one.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1aak2pkz said:
Gus's opportunity as an NFL HC is slowly eroding away unless he can eek out a couple of Ws.

I expected more from the Jags defensively by now.
Yeah, the clock is ticking. It's too bad their OL is so bad because they might have something with Bortles.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I think the owner is a little bit more patient but getting rolled week in and week out isnt going to help his cause.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":21vuywlm said:
What this means is that either Dan Quinn doesn't get a gig next year and we get to keep him because teams are leary of Seahawk assistants...

Or we get Bradley back.

Either way... we kinda win.

Just sucks for them.
No thanks on Bradley. Appreciated what he did for us, but I don't want to go back to soft zone coverage at the end of every game. Quinn comes in and in the first year we have what is considered by many to be one of the top five greatest defenses in the history of the league. Yeah, Bradley helped build it; but I absolutely love our scheming with Quinn more.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2ufg869h said:
The_Z_Man":2ufg869h said:
What this means is that either Dan Quinn doesn't get a gig next year and we get to keep him because teams are leary of Seahawk assistants...

Or we get Bradley back.

Either way... we kinda win.

Just sucks for them.
No thanks on Bradley. Appreciated what he did for us, but I don't want to go back to soft zone coverage at the end of every game. Quinn comes in and in the first year we have what is considered by many to be one of the top five greatest defenses in the history of the league. Yeah, Bradley helped build it; but I absolutely love our scheming with Quinn more.
Especially when we fix our communication issue that Sherman mentioned that led to the hole in our coverage that Peyton exploited like any good quarterback let alone an elite one like him.

endzorn

Reaction score
I'm disappointed in the Jags. I've been a Gus Bradley fan since he was coaching at North Dakota State and with the track record he'd established I really thought he'd have his team showing more by this point. With Pete we had a respectable defense on day one and I thought Gus would have his defense playing at least league average while they retooled the offense.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
One week later .......... Winston Guy is released outright. More roster churn in Jacksonville.

[urltargetblank]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/29/jaguars-make-a-change-at-safety/[/urltargetblank]

HawkWow

Reaction score
ivotuk":s6frwfg1 said:

That ain't no lie. I recall him celebrating the hit he put on a receiver...that just toasted his butt for the first down = clown.

As for Gus, unsure if he's HC material, but too early to make that call just yet. I'd welcome him to the Dub, though.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Another former Carroll DC is struggling to make it on his own? What a surprise.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Yeah. You don't have to look too far to understand Pete's greatness. Some of us are still pissed at him for a couple clock mismanagements and getting caught with his pants down against Detroit (the fake FG). But these instances are mostly so isolated (by comparison) that I frequently remind myself that I am nit-picking. 50% of the coaches in this game make more mistakes in a 5 game span than Pete will make in 5 years. He's just...the man.