Amusing Eagles statistic

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Over the past 10 years, there is only one team to have won more games on the road than at home. The Philadelphia Eagles. I asked my Philly friend about why he thinks that is, and he responded with "Home Philly fans are more brutal than away fans." Lol. For the fan base that threw snowballs at Santa Claus and batteries at black players as well as having needed a freaking jail in their former stadium, I guess I can't say I'm surprised.

Fv2WWxf

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
If you look at it...3 of the 4 teams in that division are the top 3 teams in away+-

HawkWow

Reaction score
My buddy and his family has held their seats for decades in Philly. We did radio together here in Hawaii for several years and some of the stories he told were more reminiscent of a British soccer stadium than an NFL venue. The Santa Claus thing was lighthearted compared. To be fair, it's not just the black players that get the batteries, it's the entire opposition. Coaches are also targeted as well as the occasional Eagle. He said it's all something of a game within the game, describing it all as accepted and part of the entertainment. I wish the 9ers were playing there next week...but I think the Eagles get the win anyway.

IIRC, I believe there was a period where both the Jets and Giants had better road records than home. Basically for the same reason but more because of the hounding, hyper-critical press that had the players playing scared. No small wonder guys like Sanchez didn't fare well there.

Thinking more about this, I think it was the Dog pound that started the battery throwing stuff. Way before Sam Wyche grabbed a mic during a home game in Cincy that went like "Knock the crap off...you're in Cincinnati not Cleveland". LOL. Wyche was something else and for those of you unfamiliar with the guy, he's worth looking into. His battles with Jerry Glanville resulted in both men launching personal attacks that resulted in unintentional amusement for us all.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
I thought we couldn't win on the road. There are 16 teams with the same or worse pct, including the Niners.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Is anyone else surprised Atlanta has more wins than Seattle over the past 10 years? Seems like they were really mediocre for the longest time.

NINEster

Reaction score
Who was the better NFC West team overall in the last ten years?

In the modern NFL that's a long time to be taking stats. Maybe you could do that in the '80s or '90s when the league had dynasties and rosters went largely unchanged. But now, 2-3 years is enough to change the face of a franchise. Look at the Giants for instance now from 3 years ago.

Round up the statistics from 2011 until now and I'm pretty sure the 49ers have one of the best road records in the league, if not the best. As far as competitive play, I saw near Niner wins against the Colts and Vikings in '09 and Falcons in '10.

This team has had a tradition of being good on the road. We won 18 straight road games from the middle of 1988 and didn't lose until the 1991 opener. Beating the 49ers was/is a matter of being better/executing better than them, not where the game was/is played.

And without a doubt since Harbaugh took over, the 49ers have had as good or better road wins than Seattle:

2011 - 49ers 6-2, Seahawks ??? ( but 7-9 overall for season, so probably 3-5 or something)
2012 - 49ers 5-3, Seahawks 3-5 (49ers 1-0, Seahawks 1-1 playoffs)
2013 - 49ers 6-2, Seahawks 6-2 (49ers 2-1, Seahawks 0-0 playoffs)

I didn't have to look up the Seahawks game splits the last two years because I remember they went 15-1 over that span, so easy math. Every other team in the league you'd have to look it up.

Maybe you guys win the 2010 away splits.

You guys did a little better for 10 AM starts last year than we did.

SF has had better road division splits the last few years, and the more recent road victory in this rivalry.

This year might be different but in the Harbaugh/Carroll era so far, SF has been a better road team for sure.

Pull up the DVOA for home/road the last few years, and see how these teams compare.

Laloosh

Reaction score
NINEster":c8dwoex5 said:
Who was the better NFC West team overall in the last ten years?

In the modern NFL that's a long time to be taking stats. Maybe you could do that in the '80s or '90s when the league had dynasties and rosters went largely unchanged. But now, 2-3 years is enough to change the face of a franchise. Look at the Giants for instance now from 3 years ago.

Round up the statistics from 2011 until now and I'm pretty sure the 49ers have one of the best road records in the league, if not the best. As far as competitive play, I saw near Niner wins against the Colts and Vikings in '09 and Falcons in '10.

This team has had a tradition of being good on the road. We won 18 straight road games from the middle of 1988 and didn't lose until the 1991 opener. Beating the 49ers was/is a matter of being better/executing better than them, not where the game was/is played.

And without a doubt since Harbaugh took over, the 49ers have had as good or better road wins than Seattle:

2011 - 49ers 6-2, Seahawks ??? ( but 7-9 overall for season, so probably 3-5 or something)
2012 - 49ers 5-3, Seahawks 3-5 (49ers 1-0, Seahawks 1-1 playoffs)
2013 - 49ers 6-2, Seahawks 6-2 (49ers 2-1, Seahawks 0-0 playoffs)

I didn't have to look up the Seahawks game splits the last two years because I remember they went 15-1 over that span, so easy math. Every other team in the league you'd have to look it up.

Maybe you guys win the 2010 away splits.

You guys did a little better for 10 AM starts last year than we did.

SF has had better road division splits the last few years, and the more recent road victory in this rivalry.

This year might be different but in the Harbaugh/Carroll era so far, SF has been a better road team for sure.

Pull up the DVOA for home/road the last few years, and see how these teams compare.

No doubt that SF has been tough on the road in general over the past few years. Won some big games (NE, GB, CAR, ATL, etc.) and lost some close ones (NO, SEA [nfcc])

You've also had some real stinkers at home. Something that SEA has avoided.

Coming from a fan base that likes to reach back 20 years as evidence to prove superiority over other franchises, you're sound, logical post completely blind sided me and I feel a little dirty for having liked it.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Laloosh":3sh82a7o said:
No doubt that SF has been tough on the road in general over the past few years. Won some big games (NE, GB, CAR, ATL, etc.) and lost some close ones (NO, SEA [nfcc])

Coming from a fan base that likes to reach back 20 years as evidence to prove superiority over other franchises, you're sound, logical post completely blind sided me and I feel a little dirty for having liked it.
*Your.
*Blindsided.
*Plus, need a period to finish your second "sentence"...

Not that I'm paying attention to such things.

Laloosh

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3vzwl34z said:
Laloosh":3vzwl34z said:

*Your.
*Blindsided.
*Plus, need a period to finish your second "sentence"...

Not that I'm paying attention to such things.

Itz laat. Im ti-erd. Not fixeen it. Wuz uh-nomolee.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Laloosh":pb9na2os said:
Itz laat. Im ti-erd. Not fixeen it. Wuz uh-nomolee.

homer.jpg