Panthers DE Frank Alexander suspended 10 games

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/517416133113438208[/tweet]

He's just a backup I think, but I wonder if he was going to see some playing time potentially with Hardy being out? IDK. Not sure this even matters for them. Someone that follows the Panthers more chime in?

ctrcat

Reaction score
I don't want to throw out hyperbolic words like "huge" or "significant" for someone like Frank Alexander (ie moron), but it is certainly a big loss. The D was treading water (unsuccessfully) the last two weeks and his return was going to be a shot in the arm. A former Big 12 Player of the Year, was named preseason player of the year by Rivera, and was a quiet member of the best front 7 in football last year in the rotation. On the field surpassed 4th round pick selection, off...obviously not so much. Big loss.

kearly

Reaction score
Alexander was a good player for Oklahoma. I wanted him for the Hawks in the mid-rounds the year he came out, even though I knew he didn't fit Pete's profile. Seems like he's been roughly as good a player in the pros, and just missed a golden opportunity to make himself a household name with Hardy being out.