Trent Williams: Seahawks aren’t unstoppable, we can beat....

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Are you kidding? I'd love it if he punched Sherman again. He would get more mileage and more money off of it over time.

GOAD HIM, SHERM!! :thfight7:

Also, articles about the current week's opponent can be posted in the main forum during that week, you didn't have to put this in the NFL forum, just FYI.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
PFT is such a garbage website. :lol:

They pulled a nice contentious headline, but if you read his full quote, it's actually pretty complimentary, if not deferential:

Can we beat them? Yeah. At the end of the day, they’re not robots. They’re human beings and nobody’s perfect. Nobody plays perfect every Sunday. They have been beaten before. It’s not like they’re unstoppable. They’re a great team, no doubt about it, but anything is possible in the NFL.

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that we need to step up. We’re going against one of the best teams in the NFL right now on Monday night. I think guys are going to come with their best effort, and hopefully we’ll turn this thing around.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2vj9esb4 said:
PFT is such a garbage website. :lol:

They pulled a nice contentious headline, but if you read his full quote, it's actually pretty complimentary, if not deferential:

Can we beat them? Yeah. At the end of the day, they’re not robots. They’re human beings and nobody’s perfect. Nobody plays perfect every Sunday. They have been beaten before. It’s not like they’re unstoppable. They’re a great team, no doubt about it, but anything is possible in the NFL.

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that we need to step up. We’re going against one of the best teams in the NFL right now on Monday night. I think guys are going to come with their best effort, and hopefully we’ll turn this thing around.
They do that all the time it's one of the reasons I rarely click on any link originating from there. It's the classic bait and switch technique.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^^^Totally. Two of their 49ers related "highlights" in the last week:

1) A couple days ago Florio wrote that although Boone came to Harbaugh's defense, it doesn't mean anything because he never argued that the claims about Harbaugh losing the locker room aren't true. (Apparently Boone saying "I know for a fact that everybody loves Harbaugh" isn't him disputing that the players don't like Harbaugh :lol: :lol: )

2) This morning another PFT guy wrote that Jason Garrett saying that any of his players would be suspended if they got charged with a crime makes the 9ers outliers because they didn't take the same stance with Ray McDonald. I guess that would be true if 1) Ray McDonald had been charged with a crime (he hasn't been) and 2) if all the reports so far didn't say that the 9ers have the SAME stance as Garrett (they're going to suspend or cut him if he does end up being charged).

For the most part the sense I get is they're just trolling for clicks by writing obviously silly stuff that will generate repeated impressions through flame wars in the comments sections (this is Tim Kawakami's schtick too).

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":24pvj25u said:

1) A couple days ago Florio wrote that although Boone came to Harbaugh's defense, it doesn't mean anything because he never argued that the claims about Harbaugh losing the locker room aren't true. (Apparently Boone saying "I know for a fact that everybody loves Harbaugh" isn't him disputing that the players don't like Harbaugh :lol: :lol: )

2) This morning another PFT guy wrote that Jason Garrett saying that any of his players would be suspended if they got charged with a crime makes the 9ers outliers because they didn't take the same stance with Ray McDonald. I guess that would be true if 1) Ray McDonald had been charged with a crime (he hasn't been) and 2) if all the reports so far didn't say that the 9ers have the SAME stance as Garrett (they're going to suspend or cut him if he does end up being charged).

For the most part the sense I get is they're just trolling for clicks by writing obviously silly stuff that will generate repeated impressions through flame wars in the comments sections (this is Tim Kawakami's schtick too).

Yes, PFT is garbage.

Regardless of the story, they will ALWAYS put the negative spin on it.

Several players have come out to dispute the Sanders report and al they ever say is "well, they didn't say it wasn't true".

If you look at all of the statements, It is either CLEARLY implied or straight up said like in Boones case. Its only an effort to keep a story alive and increase mouse clicks.

PFT has devolved into the Enquirer of sports journalism.

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":3i83pxx5 said:
Popeyejones":3i83pxx5 said:

Yes, PFT is garbage.

Several players have come out to dispute the Sanders report and al they ever say is "well, they didn't say it wasn't true".

If you look at all of the statements, It is either CLEARLY implied or straight up said like in Boones case. Its only an effort to keep a story alive and increase mouse clicks.

PFT has devolved into the Enquirer of sports journalism.

Stop it you two, we like it great cloudy and depressing, it's fall after all so keep your sunshine to yourselves, we have more important things to think about like when we take our anto depressents and what bridge we are gonna jump off of.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^^ :lol: Sorry, didn't see this until I rambled on with the below. If it makes you feel better, I'm posting from Portland, Oregon right now, and it's all sunshine. :)

Marvin49":jo59s1iq said:

Yeah, I was actually pretty surprised by how many players came out to dispute it rather than just ignore it. Within 24 hours of Sanders' comment about unrest in the 9ers locker room seven guys came out and said it just simply wasn't true (IIRC Bethea, Boone, Bowman, Wilhoite, Crabtree, Lee, and Martin, although I may be missing some).

Kawakami, of course, took seven players in 24 hours calling BS on the report and twisted into "none of the 49ers team leaders have disputed the report" :lol: :lol:

Of course, if Boldin had said the same thing about Harbaugh he has repeatedly said in the past, like Bowman, Kawakami just wouldn't count him as a "team leader."

If Kaepernick or Willis or Gore or Smith said the same thing about Harbaugh that they've said in the past he would be asking "isn't it suspicious that only one of the 49ers team leaders came to Harbaugh's defense?"

If all 53 players signed a public statement of support and published it in the Chron it would be "what the players think doesn't matter, why is Jed York silent?" and if Jed York commented too it would be "Trent Baalke is conspicuously absent."

And of course if it was Baalke too it would be "this organization has a long history of secrecy, and putting on a good public face to try to hide turmoil behind the scenes" and so on....

Like PFT, he's just trolling for clicks in the comments section. More surprising is that people still feed these types.

Basis4day

Reaction score
PFT is just TMZ for sports. Though i do find it extremely entertaining.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
What is he supposed to say? That they think they are going to lose?

While football is a business, I am quite sure that the Skins are going to do everything they can to win this game. We'll see what that means on Monday.

It could mean gin slinging to no end, taking chances and it could mean playing a conservative power game. Regardless, I don't think the Skins are going to just go through the motions as long as there is a chance. I don't dig on media folks even asking the question.

Like they did with Stevens during XL. They turned a moment of confidence into smack talk because Stevens didn't share feelings of the Bettis story as heartwarming as the rest of the media. Next thing you know, Joey Porter is at full smack levels.

Ridiculous.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It's like half of you are just now being exposed to the media world and how it operates for the first time.

Awww, it's so cute, the gullibility.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":c4wgnfik said:
It's like half of you are just now being exposed to the media world and how it operates for the first time.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Me and my feigned naivete have been in a committed LTR since long before you ever showed up, you home-wrecker.

chris98251

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1g7pcg40 said:
RolandDeschain":1g7pcg40 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Me and my feigned naivete have been in a committed LTR since long before you ever showed up, you home-wrecker.

You're selling Roland way too short, he wrecks Empires and whole Timelines.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2acbfso0 said:

I have been tired of the whole media bit for decades. I don't mind reporting on facts that have happened, it is usually the forecasting and prediction type stuff that annoys me. The play on words taken out of context, used in a headline to get numbers.

Like this thing with Harbafreak. If it is going bad, it is going to go bad, the media doesn't need to help it along. Or the question "do you think you can win?" Do they just fish? expecting a player to say "yeah, we are going to lose, but we will try anyways".

It seems to come up all the time with players, but it is meant to generate a quote, nothing more. It happens for all topics, not just sports.

kidhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2dl9gqyy said:
chris98251":2dl9gqyy said:
*Your and *two.

I appreciate the comment nonetheless.

Your sure about that aint you?

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":23c7h8tw said:
chris98251":23c7h8tw said:
*Your and *two.

I appreciate the comment nonetheless.
G'knite Gunslinger. :)

kidhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3nompmkb said:
kidhawk":3nompmkb said:
Your sure about that aint you?
No, but I elected to take it that way of my own free volition. How do you like THEM apples, Kid?

Way too much candy coating for me ;)

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2wjdloe8 said:
Are you kidding? I'd love it if he punched Sherman again. He would get more mileage and more money off of it over time.

GOAD HIM, SHERM!! :thfight7:

Also, articles about the current week's opponent can be posted in the main forum during that week, you didn't have to put this in the NFL forum, just FYI.

I did not know about the current week opponent thingy. Thanky tooy youey.