McDonald case forwarded to DA

Popeyejones

Reaction score
The last thread got locked (for good reason IMO), but I'm assuming this is still a topic of interest, so I might as well make the thread about it.

SJDA tweeted that the case has been forwarded to them, so now we're waiting on them to decide if the findings warrant charging him or not.

FWIW as far as I understand it there aren't any tea leaves to read about them being forwarded the case. If there was an investigation that didn't find anything or an investigation that found dead bodies in his basement it still goes to the DA to be stamped in either direction. Someone can of course correct me if I'm wrong though.

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/10/02/675650 ... n-now.html

Also of note is that unnamed reports have suggested that if he is charged he'll be benched or cut.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Popeyejones":16dgvcxd said:
but I'm assuming this is still a topic of interest,
Hell, backup Panthers DEs are a topic of interest, so of course anything in our division is. :)

On topic, not much to read in that link, unfortunately. I guess we'll see what the DA does, but I think that if the DA decides not to pursue charges, you better be prepared for plenty of ribbing and joking about how the cops in California protect the 49ers. (Regardless of McDonald's guilt or innocence, there has been quite a lot of 'not pursuing' in former 49ers cases in your neck of the words, you must admit.)

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":33ks8177 said:
Popeyejones":33ks8177 said:
Hell, backup Panthers DEs are a topic of interest, so of course anything in our division is. :)

On topic, not much to read in that link, unfortunately. I guess we'll see what the DA does, but I think that if the DA decides not to pursue charges, you better be prepared for plenty of ribbing and joking about how the cops in California protect the 49ers. (Regardless of McDonald's guilt or innocence, there has been quite a lot of 'not pursuing' in former 49ers cases in your neck of the words, you must admit.)

I........

.........won't comment.

EDIT: I lied.

Give me an example outside of Brooks (where the "victim" told Brooks he's drop charges if he paid him and his story to the police kept changing).

Kap? Florida.
Kilgore? Wisconsin.
Aldon airport? LA.
Culliver? Charged.
Aldon? Charged.

Unless "neck of the woods" includes the entirety of the US, I say BS. :D

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":hbq5daza said:
I........

.........won't comment.
You just did. :lol:

Hell, the very fact that they're looking back at the original incident that was hardly given a glance is evidence supporting my assertion, Marv. Come on.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":g10mvy38 said:
Marvin49":g10mvy38 said:
I........

.........won't comment.
You just did. :lol:

Hell, the very fact that they're looking back at the original incident that was hardly given a glance is evidence supporting my assertion, Marv. Come on.

Right...you mean the one where SHE pulled a gun and pointed it at her belly and HE had to call 911? Is THAT the one you mean?

EDIT: oops...held it at her side...and then fled when 911 was called.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... lds-house/

“An engaged couple (a male and female subject) were in an argument when the female subject became upset, grabbed a firearm (handgun) registered to the male subject, and held it at her side,” the police statement released today said, via CSNBayArea.com. “When the male subject informed the female subject that he was going to call 911, the female subject put the firearm away and fled without incident. The female subject did not make any threats or point the firearm at the male subject. Both subjects have been identified and were contacted.”

OP
OP
Popeyejones

Popeyejones

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2o734b5t said:
but I think that if the DA decides not to pursue charges, you better be prepared for plenty of ribbing and joking about how the cops in California protect the 49ers.

Oh yeah, I know where I'm posting. :th2thumbs: Ribbing (a friendly euphemism for ranting, or at least ranting's more socialized cousin) is to be expected regardless of what the DA decides to do.

One thing I suspect I may have been wrong about before, though:

When news of the previous incident broke I said it likely wouldn't have anything to do with how this incident is prosecuted. The more I thought about it that may not be true, though.

One of the (many) reasons the SJ DA decided not to prosecute Brooks (despite basically saying that they were deciding to not prosecute because they thought too many details made the case unwinnable, not that he was actually innocent) was that Divens had attacked Brooks and thrown him to the ground the month before, meaning that Brooks could use a self-defense argument for why he hit Divens over the head with a bottle (which is likely total BS if reports about what happened are to be believed*, but the prior incident legally made him less culpable in a future dispute).

This COULD apply to the McDonald case. If his GF's bruising can be CONSTRUED as being consistent with self defense (she was bruised on her arms and neck from being restrained), just as in the Brooks case her pulling a gun on him in a previous dispute the month before can be used against her in his defense, making the case harder to win.

TO BE CLEAR: If a woman is in an abusive relationship and pulls a gun to keep her abuser at bay, that this can later be used against her in a self-defense argument is SICKENING. If that's the case I AM NOT arguing for the moral legitimacy of that. It is however, the legal system we're dealing with as it is currently constructed. Who knows what happened, but legally, if that is what happened, this is what could happen.

*As I recall it Brooks was drunk out of his mind, Divens refused to give him his car keys, and Brooks smashed a bottle over his head for it; he was guilty as all get up.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3hqr054a said:
*As I recall it Brooks was drunk out of his mind, Divens refused to give him his car keys, and Brooks smashed a bottle over his head for it; he was guilty as all get up.

He takes those beer bottles on the field too.

iX9CIGBzYK8LC.gif

Laloosh

Reaction score
bigtrain21":32u7plc5 said:
Popeyejones":32u7plc5 said:

iX9CIGBzYK8LC.gif

LOL :th2thumbs:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The way the DA's office sweeps things under the rug down there with "all crimes niner", I seriously doubt anything comes of this, but I believe the league will do something.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3onsn0rj said:
The way the DA's office sweeps things under the rug down there with "all crimes niner", I seriously doubt anything comes of this, but I believe the league will do something.

You can't be serious? Try looking at this without your green and blue glasses on.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Laloosh":2damr1di said:
bigtrain21":2damr1di said:
Popeyejones":2damr1di said:

iX9CIGBzYK8LC.gif

LOL :th2thumbs:

Got his ankles broke... TWICE.
that's funny right there.

Barakas

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":2fk8c75x said:
Sports Hernia":2fk8c75x said:

You can't be serious? Try looking at this without your green and blue glasses on.

Umm...this site is "blue and green" so can't do that of course.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":3k2bnh2x said:
RolandDeschain":3k2bnh2x said:
Popeyejones":3k2bnh2x said:

I........

.........won't comment.

Give me an example outside of Brooks (where the "victim" told Brooks he's drop charges if he paid him and his story to the police kept changing).

Kap? Florida.
Kilgore? Wisconsin.
Aldon airport? LA.
Culliver? Charged.
Aldon? Charged.

Aldon wasn't only charged, but convicted of 5 different offenses, 3 of which were felonies. It amounted to 12 days, all served and a wobbler reduction of the 3 felonies.

His negotiation tactic? Pleading no contest to a case he couldn't win.

I would call that very favorable treatment. Goodell punished him far worse than the courts. Culliver committed his crime with a regular citizen involved. Gotta charge him. Brooks was involved with a teammate, so they left that can of worms alone. No regular citizen involved.

Nothing will happen to Ray Mac, There is no way the DA pursues the case without a cooperative victim. I'm not saying that she isn't cooperative, just that the court won't pursue it without her cooperation.

I just really hope that this is the last of the situation with RayMac and that nothing else happens down the road.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":f4xloru5 said:
Marvin49":f4xloru5 said:
RolandDeschain":f4xloru5 said:
Popeyejones":f4xloru5 said:

I........

.........won't comment.

Kap? Florida.
Kilgore? Wisconsin.
Aldon airport? LA.
Culliver? Charged.
Aldon? Charged.

Aldon wasn't only charged, but convicted of 5 different offenses, 3 of which were felonies. It amounted to 12 days, all served and a wobbler reduction of the 3 felonies.

His negotiation tactic? Pleading no contest to a case he couldn't win.

I would call that very favorable treatment. Goodell punished him far worse than the courts. Culliver committed his crime with a regular citizen involved. Gotta charge him. Brooks was involved with a teammate, so they left that can of worms alone. No regular citizen involved.

Nothing will happen to Ray Mac, There is no way the DA pursues the case without a cooperative victim. I'm not saying that she isn't cooperative, just that the court won't pursue it without her cooperation.

I just really hope that this is the last of the situation with RayMac and that nothing else happens down the road.

OK...wait....is it the Police, the DA, or the Judge who's corrupt? I can't keep track. I guess its everyone. Total corruption. Right...THAT makes sense. SMDH.

4 guys have been arrested in Santa Clara county. Two of them have been charged with crimes. One of them is serving his time in community service. One has his case pending. One wasn't charged because the victims statements and actions made a conviction very unlikely. The last has yet to be charged in an investigation that's gone on over a month.

I know how much you guys want this story to be true. You really do. Sorry man. Its BS plain and simple. Always has been.

What really cracks me up tho is how people lump the LAX, Kilgore, and Kap stories into this when they weren't anywhere near SC. LOL.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":8see2yu3 said:
OK...wait....is it the Police, the DA, or the Judge who's corrupt? I can't keep track. I guess its everyone. Total corruption. Right...THAT makes sense. SMDH.

4 guys have been arrested in Santa Clara county. Two of them have been charged with crimes. One of them is serving his time in community service. One has his case pending. One wasn't charged because the victims statements and actions made a conviction very unlikely. The last has yet to be charged in an investigation that's gone on over a month.

I know how much you guys want this story to be true. You really do. Sorry man. Its BS plain and simple. Always has been.

What really cracks me up tho is how people lump the LAX, Kilgore, and Kap stories into this when they weren't anywhere near SC. LOL.

WHAT IN THEE HELL MARVIN?

Find ONE time, just ONE time where I said ANYONE was corrupt.

How many times are you going to do it man? How many times are you going to redefine my posts into what you THINK I am saying? It is habitual and it is an awful strategy in getting your point across. This is truly old news and is becoming more and more lame every time you do it.

You are an awful poster Marvin. You can't just make shit up and throw it out there. I have never called anyone corrupt, not even close. Never said anything bad about the police or the DA, so either get your shit straight or give me a break and shut the hell up.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Aldon was charged after he made another dumb decision. If not those three felonies that would still be felonies for any common guy in CA, would have disappeared instead of became misdemeanors. I am a gun owner in CA I know what guns I can't have, so did he that's why he bought them in AZ. As far as cracking up I know whenever a subject is broached that you are going to put on your SC caped crusader costume and come to tell us why we are wrong. Do you think common people would have already been charged in the McDonald case? How about Aldon's case would a common man have got that sentence after a no contest? There is a reason people believe that they get special treatment. If I go now and smack a co-worker upside the head with a bottle I could bet that I am in jail by noon.

Do I believe that it's because everyone is corrupt? Not exactly but I think the fact that they are celebrities and 49ers does have undue influence on how it plays out. It isn't all that different from most celebrities. You or I commit half the crap Lindsey Lohan has there wont be countless rehabs. It would be say hello to your new cellmate. The fact that you come here and act like what punishment or lack of was just is laughable.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3fy3zj4h said:
Marvin49":3fy3zj4h said:

WHAT IN THEE HELL MARVIN?

Find ONE time, just ONE time where I said ANYONE was corrupt.

How many times are you going to do it man? How many times are you going to redefine my posts into what you THINK I am saying? It is habitual and it is an awful strategy in getting your point across. This is truly old news and is becoming more and more lame every time you do it.

You are an awful poster Marvin. You can't just make shit up and throw it out there. I have never called anyone corrupt, not even close. Never said anything bad about the police or the DA, so either get your shit straight or give me a break and shut the hell up.

Nice.

To answer your question I wasn't saying that you specifically had said that but more the forum in general. Its just more of an example about how the goalpost moves...if its not the DA then clearly the next level is doing something wrong.

The story always changes...Its the police, its the DA, its the judge...whatever to further the "49ers legal issues get swept under the rug".

Didn't mean to offend you...but if you are on this side of the argument you might see it differently.

Jeez...I KNEW I shouldn't have commented.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I don't think Marvin realizes how easy it is to apply pressure somewhere along the line if you want to see someone either get railroaded in the legal system...or let off the hook.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":1imm0kbv said:
Nice.

To answer your question I wasn't saying that you specifically had said that but more the forum in general. Its just more of an example about how the goalpost moves...if its not the DA then clearly the next level is doing something wrong.

The story always changes...Its the police, its the DA, its the judge...whatever to further the "49ers legal issues get swept under the rug".

Didn't mean to offend you...but if you are on this side of the argument you might see it differently.

Jeez...I KNEW I shouldn't have commented.

Hey, I owe you an apology for calling you an awful poster. You're not an awful poster, I think you are just trying to respond to too many things while concatenating the views of others.

But you have "put words in my mouth" a great number of times. It appears disrespectful and makes for a lot of wasted posts while creating arguments where there is none. Disputing things that don't exist. Grab a bottle of Fireball and relax. You're better than that.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Marv haven't you noticed it's seems like it's always you and someone else, rarely do I see 49er fans or Hawk fan getting into long drawn out multi post arguments unless you're one of the participants.