Rams To Los Angeles..?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
There was very much a charm offensive with the Raiders in London. The Dolphins were hardly mentioned in comparison. I know the consensus is the Jags are most likely London bound but such was the raider hype it made me think they were testing the waters.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
There is no stadium in LA. Until that gets fixed there won't be a team in LA.

Oh and the coliseum is not a stadium.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":16lkekyu said:
There is no stadium in LA. Until that gets fixed there won't be a team in LA.

Oh and the coliseum is not a stadium.
This, but I would love to see the Lambs back in LA where they belong.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Everyone knows it's just a matter of time before a team is back in LA, and if you're an NFL owner of a team that's not really doing well in your existing city (like the Rams or Raiders), why would you not work your ass off to make this happen?

But like Chris Hansen and the Sonics, the league isn't going to approve anything until shovels are in the ground constructing a new LA stadium. Even with as much money as the NFL makes, they know the Coliseum is not a viable place to play.

I for one would love to see the Rams back in LA.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
What makes the LA Coliseum not viable for pro football? Doesn't USC play there currently? Plus there is the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. If a team wanted to move there now, they could. NFL will not restrict a move to one of the biggest, if not the biggest, media market. There are options if a team wanted to move there now until a new stadium deal is worked out.

A

Anonymous

hawkfan68":2msdxum4 said:
What makes the LA Coliseum not viable for pro football? Doesn't USC play there currently? Plus there is the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. If a team wanted to move there now, they could. NFL will not restrict a move to one of the biggest, if not the biggest, media market. There are options if a team wanted to move there now until a new stadium deal is worked out.

I had read something a while back about the older stadiums not having enough electrical/data/plumbing/media accommodations and luxury box areas to lure companies to come in as sponsors. The rest rooms gotta be swank these days for all the cash to flow through like it needs to.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Both of those are dumps. They are big college stadiums meant to hold lots of people with no frills.

Msfann

Reaction score
Seriously California, you have enough professional sports teams, stop being a pig and let some others have some. :x

chris98251

Reaction score
Msfann":2ocgwr88 said:
Seriously California, you have enough professional sports teams, stop being a pig and let some others have some. :x

Well if you want one you need to pony up the approximately 2 to 3 billion needed, team cost, and the stadium build along with the NFL good ole boys fees.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Msfann":j5ob841l said:

Well, of the two teams mentioned one is already in California and the other started there. Also, for some reason, they for the most part tend to put teams where there are lots of people.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":sobfeu0a said:
hawkfan68":sobfeu0a said:

I had read something a while back about the older stadiums not having enough electrical/data/plumbing/media accommodations and luxury box areas to lure companies to come in as sponsors. The rest rooms gotta be swank these days for all the cash to flow through like it needs to.
Been to both places for both concerts and football games. What you read is correct. There will not be an NFL team in LA without a new stadium.

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1b46i0pz said:
HoustonHawk82":1b46i0pz said:
hawkfan68":1b46i0pz said:

Been to both places for both concerts and football games. What you read is correct. There will not be an NFL team in LA without a new stadium.

Of course but who is to say they can't play in a college stadium for a few season until it is built.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2iowpfke said:
Epoch times with breaking news?????
Yeah, I laughed at that, too. :)

Please bring the Rams to L.A., though. Shorter commute for our boys and let's be real, who the hell cares about Misery - I mean, Missoureh - err, Missouri?

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3na5g1b6 said:
CALIHAWK1":3na5g1b6 said:

Please bring the Rams to L.A., though. Shorter commute for our boys and let's be real, who the hell cares about Misery - I mean, Missoureh - err, Missouri?

Oh you are going to go there............................

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":19jkgx4l said:
CALIHAWK1":19jkgx4l said:

You had it right the first time.:)

Though the local pronunciation would be "Mizzourah".

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
chris98251":27tujnfo said:
Oh you are going to go there............................
Why wouldn't I? :lol:

MizzouHawkGal":27tujnfo said:
You had it right the first time.:)

Though the local pronunciation would be "Mizzourah".
WRONG. The local pronunciation is "I don't give a crap." I win.