Golden looking good for the Lions.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I bet he misses winning at home instead of losing to a backup quarterback. Of the Bills.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I said it then, and I am saying it now; Letting him go will bite us in the behind BIG TIME!!! Big mistake on the FO's part.

bigwrm

Reaction score
Yup, was going to say the same thing. I think we all expected him to look good in Detroit and he's been great this year. He's also done it as the number one option with Calvin Johnson limited/hurt these last couple weeks so it's not just a matter of Johnson demanding double coverage. Just like our defense helps make our cornerbacks look better (speaking of which, it looks like Browner isn't playing today), this helps demonstrate how underrated our wide receivers are. Given our punt return problems and the way Baldwin has started, are people still happy that we kept Baldwin instead of Tate? If we could have kept him for 5/5.5 million a year, I think that would have absolutely been worth it.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
bmorepunk":ze65t70l said:
I bet he misses winning at home instead of losing to a backup quarterback. Of the Bills.
I bet the other 165 hours he has each week with a significantly larger bank account more than make up for that.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2zvny6jh said:
I said it then, and I am saying it now; Letting him go will bite us in the behind BIG TIME!!! Big mistake on the FO's part.
He's playing opposite of megatron, and still only has one td in 5 games? You really think letting him go is a bigger mistake than letting Sherm, Thomas, Chancellor or Russ go?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":14tnxn8u said:
bmorepunk":14tnxn8u said:
I bet the other 165 hours he has each week with a significantly larger bank account more than make up for that.

He's already got a ring, so money is a big thing.

Hopefully he's smart enough to save most of it.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
He's balling out.

I still don't see him putting up the same numbers on a run first team. The numbers he put up at WR are (to me) not too difficult to replicate. Especially if ADB gets more targets/receptions.

The punt game is another convo.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
bmorepunk":17nqx8vu said:

Exactly. Too many people sound like a scorned ex-girlfriend regarding Tate.

bigwrm

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1w4j428o said:
bmorepunk":1w4j428o said:

Exactly. Too many people sound like a scorned ex-girlfriend regarding Tate.

Yeah by all accounts he wanted to stay here. If we'd given him a reasonable offer he'd still be a Seahawk.

rastahawk

Reaction score
Wasn't happy when we couldn't keep him. Miss his play making abilities and he was a big factor as a punt returner. Something we have not replaced.

marko358

Reaction score
Am I missing something? Did they get rid of the salary cap after the Super Bowl?

themunn

Reaction score
He's on track for what, 1500 yards at the moment?
Lions probably should have won too, had a 55 yard reception with 1 minute to go to set the Lions up for their 3rd missed FG.

I know Harvin offers a massive difference to the team - but we proved we could win without him for 2 years straight, and that massive salary could have paid for Tate and someone else (which is something Tate alluded to when Harvin first signed). Is Harvin really worth that much more to the team? I think for all Harvin does for it, we'll always have to temper his production against what we "could" have had with Tate.

hawk45

Reaction score
Couldn't pay him what he wanted in this offense but I agree he has been looking great in Detroit.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1k5xsy4n said:

Wha...? You can say it later, too. Still won't make any sense. It's not like our current group is costing us games. There's only so many balls to go around and Tate, as great as he was, wasn't worth to us what he was / is to Detroit. Return duties included.

Not only was it a smart move by our FO then, it was a move that looks even smarter now.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
He looks about what i expected him to in that offense. Doesn't mean he'd look like that here

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
themunn":342rvsjy said:
He's on track for what, 1500 yards at the moment?
Lions probably should have won too, had a 55 yard reception with 1 minute to go to set the Lions up for their 3rd missed FG.

I know Harvin offers a massive difference to the team - but we proved we could win without him for 2 years straight, and that massive salary could have paid for Tate and someone else (which is something Tate alluded to when Harvin first signed). Is Harvin really worth that much more to the team? I think for all Harvin does for it, we'll always have to temper his production against what we "could" have had with Tate.

To answer your question...yes...Harvin is worth that much..Wilson has basically a 100+ QB rating every game so far(Denver he had 99.9)

nanomoz

Reaction score
themunn":3gvhc4c1 said:

Then we remember this, and realize we're being silly.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss ... -the-house

IndyHawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":f3s417ym said:
Seahwkgal":f3s417ym said:

Wha...? You can say it later, too. Still won't make any sense. It's not like our current group is costing us games. There's only so many balls to go around and Tate, as great as he was, wasn't worth to us what he was / is to Detroit. Return duties included.

Not only was it a smart move by our FO then, it was a move that looks even smarter now.
:13: :13: :13: