Chris Maragos scores on blocked punt

Jville

Reaction score
Chris Maragos highlight >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/videos/videos/Maragos-Recovers-Blocked-Punt-For-TD/4c9e7aa3-4f72-4056-8404-5b93b0a4afa7[/urltargetblank]

First time in Eagles history Special Teams have scored a touchdown in 3 straight games >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Punt-Block-TD-A-Special-Moment/d5b63424-057e-4379-ab81-8d73d8d7198b[/urltargetblank]

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
He was a boss on special teams for us, too.

Fun fact: If the Eagles block a field goal and return it for a touchdown at some point this season, they will be the only team in NFL history to have scored eight different ways in a season.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":cenpx7hl said:
He was a boss on special teams for us, too.

Fun fact: If the Eagles block a field goal and return it for a touchdown at some point this season, they will be the only team in NFL history to have scored eight different ways in a season.
That would be something special to see. :th2thumbs:

kearly

Reaction score
The punt was blocked by Trey Burton. It just happened to bounce to Chris Maragos, but there were several other Eagles players in the area who could have scooped it up to score.

Maragos had probably the worst special teams play I've ever seen when he was a Seahawk on the final play before halftime against the Titans. Would Carroll say "adios" to a good special teamer because of one bad play? Maybe, but I personally never thought Maragos was all that great on specials when he was a Hawk.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
kearly":36tcf6kj said:
The punt was blocked by Trey Burton. It just happened to bounce to Chris Maragos, but there were several other Eagles players in the area who could have scooped it up to score.

Maragos had probably the worst special teams play I've ever seen when he was a Seahawk on the final play before halftime against the Titans. Would Carroll say "adios" to a good special teamer because of one bad play? Maybe, but I personally never thought Maragos was all that great on specials when he was a Hawk.

Your a hard man to please kearly ... picking out his one time only substitution for the regular place holder. LOL Although, I'd have to agree that Seattle has had better special teams players. Just posting updates on previous Seahawks.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
That play is definitely what comes to my mind whenever Maragos is mentioned, haha

chris98251

Reaction score
Well he wasn't the best up man protecting Ryan based on my memory.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":zviosfif said:
IDK, I thought Maragos was good for us on STs, overall. Not one of our best, but good. *shrug*

The problem is that he was just "ok" on special teams and his only play of note was a TD for the other team. The fact that he botched the hold was completely acceptable, he probably barely practiced it. The fact that he then picked it up and made one of the dumbest plays I have seen in a long time was not acceptable.

You can't be an ok backup and an ok special teams player and then go out of pull dumb stuff like that.