Peterson smokes weed before court appearance

kidhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2s72lj1p said:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/prosecutors-want-adrian-peterson-arrested-again-after-marijuana-admission-195631793.html

I couldn't care less if someone wants to smoke marijuana, but how stupid does a person have to be to smoke it while on bail knowing that it's a violation of conditions?

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Pretty damned stupid, but so is beating your kids with switches.

When I was really small, I wanted to pick some flowers for my mom. We were all at my grandmas and I cut a few flowers. They were Bird of Paradise, and my grandmas prize flowers. She went and cut a switch off of an apricot tree and beat me with it.

Although no skin was broken or anything like that, it scarred me. I always loved her, but forever, that was always on my mind whenever in her presence.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
So, it just appears that AD is both really, really stupid and has no idea that some of his behavior is unacceptable. "I smoked a little weed" What a dumbshit.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
I personally would not beat my own children if I had any, but I am not one to foist this opinion on parents. That said, I think it should ALWAYS be illegal to use a weapon on them.

Adrian Peterson is a frigging asshole and I hope he does felony time.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Most of his troubles could have been prevented with condoms. Why does this idiot have to leave 6 (or is it 5...) kids around the country?

Thank you Adrian, for spreading your stupid seed. So far, it hasn't gone so well for at least 2 of these kids.

HansGruber

Reaction score
I also don't like the way some parents are legislated, but...

Corporal punishment has been proven to be ineffective and counter-productive:
http://www.comm.umn.edu/~akoerner/cours ... 002%29.pdf

Not only that, but it is a barbaric practice that reeks of substandard intelligence on the part of the parent.

It is simple common sense that the human brain is most open to learning when a human is engaged and secure. The infliction of pain triggers a subconscious panic response which interrupts learning function in the prefrontal cortex of our brain (where social learning occurs).

When I see a parent hitting their child, I often wonder if they realize they are actually cementing and deepening the maladjustment or misinformation in the social programming in their child's brain. If you think your child is behaving poorly, the worst response is to inflict pain. Quite literally. While people often laugh at this, it is vastly more effective to immediately engage the child in a non-physical way and attempt to reprogram the behavior directly, in a way that engages their inquisitive mind. Ask them questions. Demand answers. Turn it into a test. With a reward for good performance and neutral cool response for negative.

I'm not pulling that from my ass. There is a significant body of scientific evidence to establish such theories. Further, one can witness the success of these systems in the training of dogs and monkeys, both of which are also mammalian, and therefore share similar characteristics with humans in the development of the prefontal cortex.

Alas, it will take some time to reprogram the adults, though!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":2a1ipacl said:
I personally would not beat my own children if I had any, but I am not one to foist this opinion on parents. That said, I think it should ALWAYS be illegal to use a weapon on them.

It has been shown pretty strongly that even spanking kids lowers their IQs. So, really, you should foist that opinion on other parents.

@Hans: Where the hell were you when most of the forum was all over my ass in that parenting thread like two years ago? Lol.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3mxb19am said:
SmokinHawk":3mxb19am said:

It has been shown pretty strongly that even spanking kids lowers their IQs. So, really, you should foist that opinion on other parents.

@Hans: Where the hell were you when most of the forum was all over my ass in that parenting thread like two years ago? Lol.

Regarding the lower IQ, I think this is a matter of causation and correlation not lining up, unless you're causing head injuries.

Going to play devil's advocate by mentioning 200 years of research on classical and operant conditioning suggests that it's very effective for changing behaviors. I'm not saying I disagree with you, but I don't think there is nearly enough evidence to support "spanking makes kids dumb". I only know what I feel would be right for my own children, not someone else's. Spanking is not abuse, in my eyes. Though I abhor it, I don't feel that spanking, by itself, is going to be the undoing of any child, when administered humanely, by a loving parent.

Whipping them with a switch until their nuts are bleeding, though? Fry this sumbitch. Make a goddamned example of him.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3qokibz9 said:
But seriously, all those articles are essentially quoting the same study that came out - so rehashing the same thing.
I'm wondering how you came to this conclusion, since the second link literally has seven DIFFERENT studies referenced besides the main Straus one from 2009 I assume you're referring to which were independent and not based on the Straus one. The 3rd link also contains a study from 1997 not in any of the other links that found that nearly without exception, parents that were given training and instruction on how to discipline without spanking and started doing it, the behavior of their kids improves.

Every single one of the links I posted contains at least one study reference not found in any of the others. I don't know where you get off saying what you just said, to be honest. It seems like you spent 10 seconds glancing at them, and made an assumption that I just posted a few quick Google results. Nothing of the sort...You should strongly consider reading all the different study links sourced from within those four links.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Yeah couldn't be that the smart ones go well that crap hurts think I best behave. My parents would have to say I wasn't a smart one though took my share of trips to the woodshed.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
career over a la Michael Vick....he may come back somewhere but will be shit. His legacy is ruined, no doubt!

kearly

Reaction score
I think Peterson ends up in Denver. Makes too much sense not to happen. Elway doesn't strike me as the PC sensitive type, he loves signing big names in FA, and the Broncos desperately need a RB who doesn't suck ass. Peterson would be amazing in a pass to set up the run offense led by Manning.