Are the Cowboys for real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

korboko

Reaction score
They won 5 in a row, even beat the Seahawks at Century Link Field. Micheal Irvin said they probably be the best team in the NFL? Are they really, or will they be like the Kansas City Chiefs of 2013? To be honest, I think the Philadelphia Eagles will win the NFC East and the Cowboys will end up playing whoever in the Wildcard, and get knocked out of the playoffs.

Speaking of which... the Eagles. They shut out the Giants and is also 5-1. Shouldn't they be the best team in the NFL?

drdiags

Reaction score
Doesn't matter whether they are real or not come the end of the season, right now they were real enough to beat the Seahawks at home and at their own game.

The top dogs in the NFC East (Eagles and Boys) have been competitive with anyone else in the conference. I would reserve judgement until the final quarter of the season has started, since a lot of divisional games will have taken place by then.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Enjoying this thread, if only because when the 9ers beat the Cowboys according to many here it was only because they were the worst team in the league, and when the 9ers beat the Eagles it was only because they were horribly overrated.

To answer the question though, yeah, I think the Cowboys are for real. They won't keep up this pace, but they're definite contenders this year. I'm still on the fence about the Eagles. I need to see what happens when their O-Line comes back.

As for the best team in the conference, it's still the Hawks, IMO, even though they haven't been playing very well yet.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3lumnazn said:
Enjoying this thread, if only because when the 9ers beat the Cowboys according to many here it was only because they were the worst team in the league, and when the 9ers beat the Eagles it was only because they were horribly overrated.

To answer the question though, yeah, I think the Cowboys are for real. They won't keep up this pace, but they're definite contenders this year. I'm still on the fence about the Eagles. I need to see what happens when their O-Line comes back.

As for the best team in the conference, it's still the Hawks, IMO, even though they haven't been playing very well yet.

LOL.

Me too. Dallas and Philly have lost a combined 2 games...and both were to SF.

As for are they for real? On offense, yes...they are for real.

I'm not buying that defense though.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
They have Tony Romo at qb....can't run the ball every play. Romo can be counted on making a mistake when it matters the most. Guarantee it happens and it will cost them! Manziel is the future in Big D

Largent80

Reaction score
That first game appears to be an anomaly, as they have won 5 in a row and 3 of those on the road. I would say in the case of the 9ers game "it's not WHO you play, it is WHEN you play them"...Chuck Knox.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Largent80":kwuw6pn3 said:
That first game appears to be an anomaly, as they have won 5 in a row and 3 of those on the road. I would say in the case of the 9ers game "it's not WHO you play, it is WHEN you play them"...Chuck Knox.

LOL.

Of course. How silly of me.

If you take out the Niner games, they teams they have played have a combined record of 17-6.

Yup...Niners just lucked into that Dallas win.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Largent80":1me7ocwx said:
Well that offense was the reason Santa Clara won that game. 3 INT's?....

Go RAMS.

Right....

Even though they also scored on a fumble return and two 80 yard drives in the first half.

It was only the INTs. Gotcha.

Wait...how did the Seahawks get their points yesterday?

OP
OP
K

korboko

Reaction score
Would we still have this conversation... if they drop one against Giants next week?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Their defense played well enough to take advantage of our offensive misfires yesterday. And if they stay committed to the run game, that offense is going to stay dangerous. Last season's Chiefs were getting by on an easy schedule, but seeing what the Cowboys just did in our stadium, I don't know if you can make that argument for them.

Then again, we've seen plenty of meltdowns by the Cowboys over the years, so I'll just say that they sure as hell look real right now, but I'm not 100% sold just yet.

Marvin49

Reaction score
korboko":6g2p7xpy said:
Would we still have this conversation... if they drop one against Giants next week?

lol.

Probably not. Week to week league. Just when you think you know something it proves you don't know anything.

Largent80

Reaction score
Marvin, jeezus dude, I saw that game and Romo was nowhere NEAR what he was yesterday and it wasn't because of your defense.

I hope you get your asses beaten down. Only a DICK comes onto a message board of a team that just lost a tough game instead of the team you are playing tonight. You are what you are.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Largent80":2gv87eez said:
Marvin, jeezus dude, I saw that game and Romo was nowhere NEAR what he was yesterday and it wasn't because of your defense.

I hope you get your asses beaten down. Only a DICK comes onto a message board of a team that just lost a tough game instead of the team you are playing tonight. You are what you are.

ROTFLMAO

You mad bro?

Come on now. I took my medicine when the Niners lost. You can't expect me not to find the humor in you guys losing to the team you guys said was one of the worst in the NFL when the Niners beat them pretty convincingly. Its comedy to see you pick apart the win as if somehow it would justify the Seahawks loss.

Jeez.

Chill out a bit. It happens. Seahawks will rebound and probably go on a run. This may have been the wakeup call they needed. Don't take it so seriously.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":251j86f6 said:
Marvin, you really are trolling now. Ease up.

I hear ya Roland...but I'm not the one namecalling. I take a lot of abuse around here...would be nice if some on the other side can take 1/10th of what I get on a regular basis especially when it's good natured.

Its all in fun. 'Hawks will be fine.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Marvin49":318wyj5p said:
RolandDeschain":318wyj5p said:
Marvin, you really are trolling now. Ease up.

I hear ya Roland...but I'm not the one namecalling. I take a lot of abuse around here...would be nice if some on the other side can take 1/10th of what I get on a regular basis especially when it's good natured.

Its all in fun. 'Hawks will be fine.

It's a Seahawks board. What part of this don't you understand? Wouldn't appreciate them doing the same on 49er board. And if you don't like the abuse you get here or at any other teams forum you're free to leave. Your presents is not mandatory.

We will never be equal, learn to live with it.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
^^^ I'd listen to this guy.

As for the OP's question? Current evidence suggests yes. But the NFL being what it is doesn't mean a whole lot right now. Let's revisit the question in December and possibly January.

Largent80

Reaction score
Yeah I'm mad why shouldn't I be?

I hate your team and every other team in the league but ESPECIALLY your team. I have had my share of run ins with fans of your team in the real world. One of them threw a rock at me while I was on my motorcycle. It hit me in the head.

Unfortunately for him, things didn't work out so well.

Your smug, crap retorts are offensive most of the time, usually having to defend that team, makes you look...weak, or dickish if you will. Every time I log onto this forum, there is your name at the bottom, online, always trolling, you are what you are. Of course it's "all in fun"......bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts