Bengals/Panthers Tie

kidhawk

Reaction score
I'm still a little peeved at FOX for showing this "bonus coverage" instead of the first quarter of the Seahawks game yesterday, but I must say, that while watching the Seahawks on the DirecTV mix channel, I was keeping an eye on this game, waiting for it to end so I could watch the Seahawks in full screen. I was rooting for it to end quickly, but when it went to the final seconds I found myself actively rooting for it to end in a tie, just out of spite.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1jepjlca said:
That's very passive-aggressive of you. :)

I was feeling more agressive than passive at the time.....I think I was actually more pissed at FOX than I was at the actual game we played.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Was it this way everywhere, even in the Pacific NW?! If so I don't blame you.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
ctrcat":nfuks0l2 said:

I'm not in Seattle, but I'm guessing due to NFL rules, that the Seattle game was on from the kickoff in the immediate area, but I know there were many of us who aren't within the area guided by NFL rules for home game viewing that got stuck with the bonus coverage.

I could understand if that were the game we had been watching. I would fully expect them to show it in it's entirety, but given that we had the Packers/Dolphins game, I don't think that there was any reason to push bonus coverage into the 2nd game's allotted time.

ctrcat

Reaction score
kidhawk":lkljie8w said:
ctrcat":lkljie8w said:

I'm not in Seattle, but I'm guessing due to NFL rules, that the Seattle game was on from the kickoff in the immediate area, but I know there were many of us who aren't within the area guided by NFL rules for home game viewing that got stuck with the bonus coverage.

I could understand if that were the game we had been watching. I would fully expect them to show it in it's entirety, but given that we had the Packers/Dolphins game, I don't think that there was any reason to push bonus coverage into the 2nd game's allotted time.

Understood and agree.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":2xqeidbv said:
I'm still a little peeved at FOX for showing this "bonus coverage" instead of the first quarter of the Seahawks game yesterday, but I must say, that while watching the Seahawks on the DirecTV mix channel, I was keeping an eye on this game, waiting for it to end so I could watch the Seahawks in full screen. I was rooting for it to end quickly, but when it went to the final seconds I found myself actively rooting for it to end in a tie, just out of spite.

I felt the same way until I turned to the Sunday Ticket it was scheduled to be blacked out on and found it was not blacked out until the conclusion of the other game moved it back to Fox Local, then blacked out on Sunday Ticket and had to change back to local. Still kinda irritated me though as I was set up to record it on DVR and got the wrong game for a QTR plus.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Fwiw Cam did his part to end the tie with an amazing game which included a dropped Cotchery pass in the endzone which would have ended it. A truly wacky game with a ton of what ifs. And Vontaze Burfict is truly a POS.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
oregonhawkfan":3m3h7im5 said:
kidhawk":3m3h7im5 said:

I felt the same way until I turned to the Sunday Ticket it was scheduled to be blacked out on and found it was not blacked out until the conclusion of the other game moved it back to Fox Local, then blacked out on Sunday Ticket and had to change back to local. Still kinda irritated me though as I was set up to record it on DVR and got the wrong game for a QTR plus.
Welcome to NFL rules that DirectTv must follow... here's a hint ALWAYS check your local channels it saves Tech Support a lot of wasted time that they could use with customers that have actual issues.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
oregonhawkfan":1lg7bxuz said:
kidhawk":1lg7bxuz said:

I wish my directv would have done that. I tried to get the game on the directv channel while the bonus coverage was on but it kept saying it was blacked out. I could only watch it on the mix channel

mikeak

Reaction score
kidhawk":1i1a2x0w said:
oregonhawkfan":1i1a2x0w said:
kidhawk":1i1a2x0w said:

I wish my directv would have done that. I tried to get the game on the directv channel while the bonus coverage was on but it kept saying it was blacked out. I could only watch it on the mix channel

This is interesting. I am with Kidhawk - it was blacked out

There is no "my directv vs yours" - same company right

So that tells me that the technology by directv is there to not black it out until local broadcast goes into the mode of broadcasting the game.

That tells me the issue is lack of communication by the local company to Directv

OK crap I am on this now. Starting with an email to Directv then a separate one to Fox here in Anchorage to find out why we suffered the blackout

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":vyrbd5l3 said:
kidhawk":vyrbd5l3 said:
oregonhawkfan":vyrbd5l3 said:
kidhawk":vyrbd5l3 said:

This is interesting. I am with Kidhawk - it was blacked out

There is no "my directv vs yours" - same company right

So that tells me that the technology by directv is there to not black it out until local broadcast goes into the mode of broadcasting the game.

That tells me the issue is lack of communication by the local company to Directv

OK crap I am on this now. Starting with an email to Directv then a separate one to Fox here in Anchorage to find out why we suffered the blackout

I will be interested to hear their reply (if they reply). It only makes sense that they'd have the ability to black out or not black out any market at any given time, given the way the NFL blackout rules work, so it's not surprising that they were able to temporarily lift the blackout to some regions. I have no idea what type of communications are involved in keeping all the proper channels blacked out in the proper locations, but it was definitely frustrating on Sunday to have DirecTV and be stuck watching about 10 inches of screen.

mikeak

Reaction score
kidhawk":30mebfoa said:
mikeak":30mebfoa said:
I will be interested to hear their reply (if they reply). It only makes sense that they'd have the ability to black out or not black out any market at any given time, given the way the NFL blackout rules work, so it's not surprising that they were able to temporarily lift the blackout to some regions. I have no idea what type of communications are involved in keeping all the proper channels blacked out in the proper locations, but it was definitely frustrating on Sunday to have DirecTV and be stuck watching about 10 inches of screen.

I had the 6 games on a 110 inch screen so guess it was an equivalent of a 26 inch screen or something :)

STILL SUCKED

It did make me see the lateral in the Cincy game and wonder how a referee can stand parallel to the play and still not realize that was a backward pass...... that cost Cincy the game and it caused the whole issue with overtime