NFL to review allegations vs. Burfict

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Dirty play?

burfict.0.gif

The NFL will review allegations that Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict deliberately twisted the ankles of Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton and tight end Greg Olsen as they lay on the ground after touchdowns Sunday, a league source told ESPN's Ed Werder. Panthers coach Ron Rivera sent tapes of the plays to the league office supporting the accusations.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11699 ... greg-olsen

mikeak

Reaction score
I was on the Bengal forum reading after their game because I wanted their thoughts on the lateral pass.

I was surprised by the number of people that immediately following the game slammed Burfict. Gained some respect for the Bengal fans. No excuses and many called for suspension

BASF

Reaction score
Those are only a couple of plays from that game. He took several shots at guys who were on the ground or going to the ground at their heads with shoulders or knees. I believe he was only flagged for one of them. He is definitely dirty.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Looks like the NFL fined him 25k

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday, via a league source, that Burfict will be fined $25,000 for twisting the ankles of both Cam Newton and Greg Olsen during the Cincinnati Bengals' 37-37 tie with the Carolina Panthers on Sunday. Rapoport reported a suspension may be next if Burfict's behavior continues.

[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000411288/article/vontaze-burfict-fined-25k-for-ankletwisting-incidents[/urltargetblank]

Largent80

Reaction score
Not the worst I have seen, but with cameras everywhere anyone with half a brain doesn't do that.

Remember the guy totally on his jock before the draft that year?, saying he was going to beast etc?

Whatever happened to that guy?

Mizak

Reaction score
Offensive Linemen should take note. If he ever blitzes, Dive, I mean Dive at his knee.

themunn

Reaction score
Largent80":36f2l4z6 said:
Not the worst I have seen, but with cameras everywhere anyone with half a brain doesn't do that.

Remember the guy totally on his jock before the draft that year?, saying he was going to beast etc?

Whatever happened to that guy?

In all fairness he led the league in tackles last year with over 170, with 6 pass defenses, an Int and 3 sacks. Dirty or not it's pretty beastly for 2nd year undrafted player

minormillikin

Reaction score
This would be so much more interesting if Marvin Lewis had asked him to do it.

:stirthepot:

googoodan

Reaction score
mikeak":1s6m7sg8 said:
I was on the Bengal forum reading after their game because I wanted their thoughts on the lateral pass.

I was surprised by the number of people that immediately following the game slammed Burfict. Gained some respect for the Bengal fans. No excuses and many called for suspension

Yes, I was personally surprised by their classiness. It's pretty rare to see it in fans, being in the same division as the Saints and Falcons.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Burfict didn't exactly have a stellar rep as a clean player coming out of college. Not sure why this would surprise anyone now.

pehawk

Reaction score
sc85sis":4fgr7wkk said:
Burfict didn't exactly have a stellar rep as a clean player coming out of college. Not sure why this would surprise anyone now.

Exactly.

Irony is all the handwringing about such actions now would've been revered in the 70's or prior. All perspective.

mikeak

Reaction score
pehawk":1v6bdi3f said:
sc85sis":1v6bdi3f said:

Exactly.

Irony is all the handwringing about such actions now would've been revered in the 70's or prior. All perspective.

Great point but why go back to 70s. Bill Romanivski did way worse much more recent than that

chris98251

Reaction score
mikeak":2f0lzgug said:
pehawk":2f0lzgug said:
sc85sis":2f0lzgug said:

Exactly.

Great point but why go back to 70s. Bill Romanivski did way worse much more recent than that

Romanowski didn't have Goodell as a Commisioner.