Can we have a do-over and get Golden Tate back?

jkitsune

Reaction score
Miss that guy. Hate to be reminded that Percy's money kept us from signing Tate.

OP
OP
jkitsune

jkitsune

Reaction score
Really? I feel like that was clear last offseason.

kobebryant

Reaction score
He would still be nice to have. But he isn't worth what Detroit paid for him - good for him though; as he may be worth it to them and their pass heavy offense, but not to the Hawks.

bandiger

Reaction score
I think he's worth whatever Lions paid him, he's an excellent PR and can consistently win contested balls despite the seperation issues, played a ton of snaps compared to freaking Harvin.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Golden doesn't miss games. He doesn't even miss snaps. He's a great and reliable player. Currently leading all NFL WRs in YAC, which was supposed to be Harvin's #1 asset. It's a shame we lost him.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Heh.

Golden retweeted this:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Brandon_E/status/523235166026612736[/tweet]

I ain't even mad.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
If we are getting Golden back then we can get C.Patterson too from the Vikings ( who they drafted with the 1st pick in the Harvin trade) we could of had both at HALF THE PRICE

All good though. Love John Schneider and his ability to nip a bad mistake in the butt.

drdiags

Reaction score
Why would Tate want to be here? The man is getting pass volume like he never would here. He may have wanted to stay at a slight discount, but it probably was a good life lesson for him to see what getting too emotionally attached to things can do. And in the end, one of the best moves he could have made to date.

For the Seahawks, yeah I hate when they pay premium prices for other peoples player development. They should steer clear of WR on the trade and FA markets. They aren't perfect and we will see how understanding Paul Allen is for some of the contracts torn up around here. The SB gave them some leeway but it has got to be tough going forward for the FO to get Paul to sign off on some new player acquisition.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":n4penxih said:
Golden doesn't miss games. He doesn't even miss snaps. He's a great and reliable player. Currently leading all NFL WRs in YAC, which was supposed to be Harvin's #1 asset. It's a shame we lost him.
There were games last year where he didn't do anything..That was his MO here ..Have a good game then he was off for 3..I certainly wasn't upset when he left..Stafford and Megatron will make any wr happy .

Hawks46

Reaction score
I think people are over valuing Tate.

He was a good WR, and a great punt returner (which is where I do miss him). He did have a tendency to disappear during games and during the playoffs. The one thing he was good at, was burning the Rams. We'll have to find a new Ram burner.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Yeah Tate is extremely undervalued by even our own fans which I find surprising and slightly disturbing...

Then again we had a good chunk of people here clamoring to trade Beast Mode this off-season because of his preseason hold out :roll:

I guess most people don't know that Tate led us in receiving yards in 2013 when we won the Super Bowl. And in 2012 he was only 60 yards behind our #1 Sidney Rice...

Tate was essentially tied for that #1 receiver spot on our team BOTH the years we had Russell Wilson.

Tate also currently has more receiving yards than Harvin, Baldwin, and Kearse COMBINED...

I was one of the only people here who seemed to care about losing him...

Everyone else was just saying how much Tate sucks and he's not worth the money, etc. etc... stuff they NEVER said when he was on our team (totally inconsistent, just like people wanting to trade Lynch this off-season)...

I voiced my concern in probably 10+ different threads that Harvin was very unlikely to play every game for us, and if that happens we would be in huge trouble and wish we had Tate back...

Well it turns out I was right Harvin would miss a bunch of games for us (which everyone blasted me for this opinion), but it's even worst than the injury I expected... we just traded him away because in my opinion:

- Harvin has a bad attitude
- Harvin doesn't care to perfect his routes
- Harvin doesn't care about chemistry with his QB
- Harvin doesn't practice hard or study
- Harvin had a hard time learning our offense and performed poorly in games (due to the above issues)
- Harvin did not get along with the rest of the team (due to the above issues)

So here we are in the same exact scenario I expected us to be after losing Tate... We ALSO lost Harvin...

These are quotes from literally the first comment I made upon learning we lost Tate:

Tokadub":qhc2bi93 said:
You just simply can't replace a Golden Tate, nobody is quite like him in the entire NFL that I know of. He's like a less explosive Harvin who is ten times more durable.

We had the potential to be straight up overpowered and impossible to defend with our receiving core next season, without Tate I just don't feel that way.

I just don't like being in a situation where I feel like our entire offense now depends on Harvin staying healthy. Makes me very worried for next year.

I don't like how our receivers would look as a whole with no Harvin or Tate...

I really think we are going to feel this loss...

I expect Tate to put up monster numbers next year and will make all the doubters on even our own forums eat crow.

Really the whole root of this problem revolves around paying Harvin such an absurd amount. He's worth it if he stays healthy but it's a gamble for sure, right now I think he's very unlikely to play every game next season but at least a 50% chance he plays half them.

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=91313&start=300

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
kobebryant":crtxlju8 said:
He would still be nice to have. But he isn't worth what Detroit paid for him - good for him though; as he may be worth it to them and their pass heavy offense, but not to the Hawks.
And yet weren't people saying that its ok to bring harvin here even though he won't have as many opportunities? If that is the case then why wouldnt it make sense to have kept Tate?

Wasn't Harvin supposed to open things up for everyone else? Instead everyone else's numbers are down too.

The same excuses people made for why trading for Harvin was ok would work for Tate as well, except at least with Tate we had proof that he fits in the Seattle offense.

Tate was destined to leave as soon as we got Harvin, and the simple fact is that Pete and John chose the wrong guy.

If tate was here we would still have the same qbs, rbs, tes, and wrs that got us to the super bowl.

This year we have harvin but no tate. Tate absolutely would be worth every penny hes getting paid, unlike the guy we just traded to the jets

Tokadub

Reaction score
So Harvin's dead money next year is 7.2 million dollars! That's embarrassing that we are now likely to lose another great player or two for Harvin's dead money... :cry:

But basically we could of easily kept Tate and still had a million or two left over just from Harvins dead money next season... :pukeface:

I can only imagine how great of a position we would be in if we never acquired Harvin and we never lost Tate. But even after acquiring Harvin, I STILL think losing Tate was a blunder of monumental proportions.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Oh I get it, we're pretending like Tate didn't have a bad habit of dissapearing in big games/moments? That is the reason that we didn't care to spend much money on him, and let him walk. I love golden Tate, would love to have him back, but that is the truth of that matter. Time for Richardson to step up :)

hawk45

Reaction score
Tate also won entire games by himself like the Rams twice last year, taking a beating in the process. Tate's contributions towards the SB were critical and not replaced on this team as of yet.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":26y69s8b said:
Wish we still had Tate. He is a play maker.
I think his "play making" is why he is no longer here, and never will be again. Not referring to his on field play making...