Could we please get V.Jackson!

northseahawk

Reaction score
What a get it would be! I don't think it would cost much as he is aging especially with $10 million/year contract. We can now afford his salary with PH gone and next years salary is non-guaranteed so if it doesn't work out, let him go. But we need a big receiver on this team and he would be a perfect fit into the offense. Lets do this!!

nanomoz

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2ht9ea2g said:
Can we get Matt Forte too?

Well, we could have. A bunch of us on these boards were begging to draft him a few years ago. But, we decided he would have been a luxury because of the FA acquisition of the incomparable Julius Jones. Tim Ruskell dude. Tim Ruskell.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Because the last time we traded for a big name receiver it worked out swimmingly

Jville

Reaction score
I hear that. They certainly have a poor track record.

I wonder what T.J. Houshmandzadeh is up to. They ended up paying him some unreal amount to play for someone else.

strohmin

Reaction score
No Vincent Jackson is not what we need. We need a true burner with beast in the backfield.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Yxes1122":1vecj9jf said:
Because the last time we traded for a big name receiver it worked out swimmingly

Therefore every future big-name receiver we trade for will be horrible. Just like we've had horrible luck drafting a franchise quarterback, and so all of our quarterbacks are destined to suck.

You lose 100% of the battles you don't fight. Trying is fighting. Some you lose, but some you win. This goes for big-name receivers too.

Also, of note, there are 32 teams in the NFL. How many of them have a true big-name receiver? A handful? Can't fault the front office for trying, no matter what the odds are.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
32 year old receiver that is in the largest monetary portion of his contract.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
I was just thinking, is there an over hyped wide Receiver that has never really made a difference to a team available?

I may not know his name right now but I will say "hoooosh" every time he makes a four yard catch on second and eight for us next year

Latest posts